BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

10-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Woman Survives As Her Mercedes Is Hit By Two Trains!

Quote:
Remember that famous Mercedes-Benz television advert where, based on actual events, the driver of a Mercedes-Benz W123 survived driving off of Chapman’s Peak in Cape Town? Well, we may just have found the follow-up ad to that… While we don’t know what caused this Utah woman to accelerate through a train crossing in the first place, this dramatic dashcam footage from an attending patrol car shows how her Mercedes-Benz is first struck by one train and then, as the police officer attempts to free her is struck by another passing train. Incredibly, the driver survived both impacts with only a broken arm. Source: WorldCarFans.com - See more at: http://www.carmagblog.co.za/video/wo....NOtDZNj3.dpuf
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
I get the impression that she was being pursued by the police. The 1st cop in the video was waiting at that intersection for her, not thinking she would be dumb enough to go straight into a train. Looks like he then approaches the car with his gun drawn. The 2nd cop shows up in seconds and, after the 2nd train hits the car, they seem to figure she's not getting away.
      10-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
I get the impression that she was being pursued by the police. The 1st cop in the video was waiting at that intersection for her, not thinking she would be dumb enough to go straight into a train. Looks like he then approaches the car with his gun drawn. The 2nd cop shows up in seconds and, after the 2nd train hits the car, they seem to figure she's not getting away.
Yeah it definitely was a cop chase. What's weird is that when the first cop goes to get her out of the car, it took a warning from the second cop to make him realise that the second train is coming at him. I mean, couldn't he hear it? It literally missed him by seconds!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Wonder why she was running from the cops.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodite10 View Post
Yeah it definitely was a cop chase. What's weird is that when the first cop goes to get her out of the car, it took a warning from the second cop to make him realise that the second train is coming at him. I mean, couldn't he hear it? It literally missed him by seconds!
i doubt he heard it, the sound was being drowned out by the current train that initially hit the woman...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
i doubt he heard it, the sound was being drowned out by the current train that initially hit the woman...
Oh yeah that's true.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
MaDoNiOn
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 130i E81

Garage List
Jeez that merc flew past. Lucky cop almost got hit also haha .

Bmw 135i Convertable White...
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #8
Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDoNiOn View Post
Jeez that merc flew past. Lucky cop almost got hit also haha .
It seems like they were chasing her and she was fleeing. The cop even drew his gun when approaching the vehicle.
Appreciate 0