BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

08-03-2019, 08:32 PM   #1
stalepez
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

anti-theft issue

Greetings! I went to unlock my 2011 M3 and the anti-theft went off. The car didn't respond to the fob to unlock it, so I used my key, got in, and put the key in the holder. It did not respond. The alarm kept going off at non-random intervals, about 5 times maybe, until I managed to get into the trunk (thankfully one of my seats was folded down) and pulled the escape handle which seems to have quieted it. But now the car doesn't respond to anything. At all. Period. It's like the battery was removed. I was driving it about an hour ago and everything was fine. Any advice here? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2019, 08:55 PM   #2
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalepez View Post
Greetings! I went to unlock my 2011 M3 and the anti-theft went off. The car didn't respond to the fob to unlock it, so I used my key, got in, and put the key in the holder. It did not respond. The alarm kept going off at non-random intervals, about 5 times maybe, until I managed to get into the trunk (thankfully one of my seats was folded down) and pulled the escape handle which seems to have quieted it. But now the car doesn't respond to anything. At all. Period. It's like the battery was removed. I was driving it about an hour ago and everything was fine. Any advice here? Thanks!
Is it the original battery on the car? These cars electrical systems are so temperamental when the battery goes bad. When mine did, I got every alert in the world, it was like every system failed even though they were fine.

I would start there.
      08-04-2019, 12:35 AM   #3
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalepez View Post
Is it the original battery on the car? These cars electrical systems are so temperamental when the battery goes bad. When mine did, I got every alert in the world, it was like every system failed even though they were fine.

I would start there.
On point!
      08-04-2019, 01:13 AM   #4
msan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 / 2012 X5 35i M Sp

You sound like you have the bad battery connector at the fuse box behind the glove box. Bmw dealer can fix it for free under the technical service bulletin. If you bang on the glove box the car may come back alive . Or probably safer to tow to dealer if you have AAA.

Would call service advisor and give them your vin to make sure it’s covered by the tsb
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 01:16 AM   #5
msan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 / 2012 X5 35i M Sp

Here’s some more background. You can thank me later for this diagnosis

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1357407
Appreciate 0