BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

04-03-2020, 12:44 PM   #23
luckyse7en
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Might could use a pistol safe - one meant for a night stand or something similar. All different sizes & shapes - probably could find one that takes up the least amount of room. Wouldn't think it would be too hard to secure one of those in the trunk. Could also throw some carpet or something on it to match the trunk if you're not a big fan of the look.
Yeah I think I'm going with Vaulttek LifePods. Seems nice and convenient. And they got a Alpine White color to go with my car.
      04-04-2020, 01:15 AM   #24
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

$1000 in an eye glass case in your top drawer is safer than a thousand dollars in a poorly mounted safe. Very few if any places in the M3 will be able to securing attach any of those boxes. I prefer concealment and not leaving your car vunerable. I'd never leave a fire arm in my car overnight but I understand wanting a lock box, if you go that route just make sure it's not visible from outside. Knowing this car like I do, if it's doable look into a lock box secured with a cable anchored to front seat rail bolts. Second option, anchor to back seat bolts and route cable to lock box in truck. None of these options will be pretty but way more effective that something screwed into the console or center hub. Those options seem more feasible for an older model truck. Not many people carry around bolt cutters or a t30 Torx so the use of a decent cable and existing bolts isnt unreasonable.
Attached Images

Last edited by InnerBlueSkies; 04-04-2020 at 01:23 AM..
Appreciate 1