BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

03-31-2020, 09:16 AM   #199
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.car...ncy-standards/

Worth a read.
      03-31-2020, 02:21 PM   #200
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Thank you! It's an Alpine White on Imola Red Z4M Roadster. Love the car almost as much as my E92 but I have to bulletproof the S54 before I'm comfortable driving it more. It's got 93k miles on it

At least no cam bolt or subframe issues! Just a Beisan vanos rebuild and some other misc bits!
Appreciate 1
W///7485.00
      03-31-2020, 03:14 PM   #201
Bpark1977
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Cops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpower603 View Post
Hope everyone is doing well.

Here in New Hampshire. There are literally no state troopers patrolling the highways, or roads. I’ve been doing 100+ everywhere I go.

I almost lost control doing 140 around a bend, I think it’s due to worn subframe bushings, or bushings in the rear spindle.

Three people have died now in New Hampshire. But not many people are getting tested. And no one is listening to the social distancing rules.
I was thinking that to myself the other day here in WA. The Seattle area is known for awful traffic pretty much every hour day or night. Now it's just open roads and, oddly enough, I haven't seen any troopers.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 03:28 PM   #202
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
At least no cam bolt or subframe issues! Just a Beisan vanos rebuild and some other misc bits!
The big ticket item would be the rod bearings. Oil analysis has never looked too good since I got this car and at close to 100k miles, I'd rather not play the lottery with it. Problem is I keep wanting to upgrade/mod stuff that's not 100% related while I'm in there like coilovers which doesn't help
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 11:44 PM   #203
TechE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, U11 X1

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpower603 View Post
They have some advantages? Russia has the best nuclear defense system in the world.

Not to mention they now currently have super sonic missiles hanging out in space as we speak. (Something the US does not have, and cannot compete with) They also have the largest capacity nuclear missile submarines. Nothing like the outdated submarines that the United States is equipped with.

Here’s a look at China’s new missile ship. Looks a little more updated than what the USA has huh?

3d dice model online
You uh, see any of our Zumwalt class destroyers lately? Haha. Also, capacity of one source is barely part of the equation. It's all about the triad; air, land, and sea. Doesn't matter how great of a defense you have unless you can nullify 100% of them. Lastly, we're all protected by the blanket of mutually assured destruction.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 06:29 AM   #204
crypticc
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 DCT + Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
Overall start to finish - Flu kills about 0.1% of those infected and COVID appears to kill about 1% to 3% of those infected. There is debate on the covid numbers as many mild cases likely go undetected. Italy is seeing a 7% to 9% death rate Germany only 0.4% so there is a wide range.

Hi.
The punchline is that UK govt advice was to stay at home and not even call the helpline if you can cope and just stay at home. Therefore myself (and the four other people I know with varied but many symptoms in common) don't feature on the stats.

My personal belief because of that while death % for those admitted is high, I think they are vastly underestimating the transmission rate and suspect death % even down to below 1%

Italy high death rates% just tells me that more of the population infected without either knowing themselves, or maybe known, but not appearing in the stats.

My wife definitely had it. I caught it while the advice was still"go about life as normal but earth your hands". I washed mine so frequently I got allergic rash on back of my hands?

But I still got it although only in retrospect can I say that. I hardly was even under the weather, only in retrospect can my wife recall that I had few days of coughing. I was aware I coughed but I felt just a few time a day, wife said she noticed all the time. I had no sore throat and didn't even know I was doing it. I only had one restless night of 2 hours sleep that didn't come until I took a sleepy cold remedy (which had paracetamol )?
But before then nothing (not even coughing). Even now 3 weeks later going out in cold air brought on coughing.
Same for the old chap from the pub (before the advice was to stay at home but go about life as normal unless showing symptoms I went to pub. That was about 4 days before when I can say I had a cough). The old boy came through fine in 3 days similar to myself. His wife too.

My wife on other hand went down bad. About 5 days after myself she had temp of 38.5 °c and once hit 94.1. The fever lasted a week but responded easily to paracetamol. However it hit HARD if she decided to risk skipping a dose to see how it was going. She was bed ridden and slept 15 hours the night/day after her experiment.

Both of us lost full sense of smell and taste, but zero mucus and congestion, which is weird when you think about it. Our belief is whatever virus does to the lungs of those unlucky enough to inhale or sniff n get the virus that deep, also affects the smell receptors.
Both of us had flu jabs so can be fairly sure wasn't that.

The punchline is that UK government advice was to stay at home, and not even call the helpline until the point of needing to refer to hospital. Which means ourselves not appearing on any stats.
We'll never know though, antibody tests need to be done within 4 weeks of first symptoms...which even if govt were testing has already passed for both of us.

Same for the other four people work colleaguesI know who also caught it about same time as me with similar scale of symptoms are not appearing on a single official stat. (Our office went to one week on, one week off, but changed it to work from home only the next week. (we'd all been for a last piss up the previous week to welcome back the lady who got it first. She had just travelled back from holiday via Singapore.you might say we were nuts, but back in late January the advice was still to go about life as normal. And even shortly after this time early Feb the UK-wide campaign advised the public to:

Code:
Always carry tissues and use them to catch coughs and sneezes, and bin the tissue

Wash hands with soap and water, or use sanitiser gel, to kill germs
This is not "just a flu" which is what the advice was at one point. You can definitely have it and not know. Or need hospital, or even die...and everything in-between.

Good luck and stay safe and I sincerely hope if you get it that you come out the other side safely (as I did) and without any scares doing the way

Last edited by crypticc; 04-05-2020 at 05:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
PACarGuy679.00