BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Exterior / Cosmetic Parts

BPM

10-14-2019, 06:57 PM   #1
TTony
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Macan Turbo, IS350

Status Gruppe CF Front Lip - 1x1 Weave - Never Installed

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
This is the splitter listed here: https://statusgruppe.com/product/sta...t-lip-spoiler/

Never installed, only removed from the box for pictures. The installed pics are for reference only. It was designed by Status Gruppe to maximize ground clearance without looking like it does. It is very lightweight as well.

Pick up in South San Jose area preferred. It is boxed up so I can ship as well if needed.

Attached Images

Last edited by TTony; 11-10-2019 at 10:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 12:57 PM   #2
davedNconfused
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT Slicktop

I'm the purchaser and as much as I hate to do this I'm in a situation that I feel obligated to share my experience with the seller TTony.

I make an offer and ask for the lip to be shipped with insurance and we strike an agreement. I'm told it'll be $72 for shipping so I used Paypal and send the money as a "friend" to avoid any fees, thinking I'm showing good faith.

On 11/16/19 the lip arrived with a damaged (chipped) corner. The box was undamaged. It was shipped with tube ends made of bubble wrap but at least one of them wasn't pulled up over the end of the lip, it was just used as padding instead of being pulled up over like a sock.

I immediately messaged Tony and he requested a photo which I shared. By 11/18 I'm told I'll either be sent a shipping label to return it for a refund (my request) or he could mail me a brand new cf epoxy/hardener kit he has and kick me back some money. I think it over for four days and on 11//22 make an offer of what I'd be willing to pay to keep it but that I'd prefer to send it back.

Two days go by with no response. I message back asking if he's made a decision on which way he'd like to proceed. Two more days go by without a response, I message back kindly asking for his cooperation. Two more days pass (11/26) and I receive a message with only, "I will e-mail a return shipping label to print and send the lip back." After Thanksgiving, I've increased my communication frequency to try to keep this moving along. It's been four days since then with no response.

Conclusion
I thought it was strange he had a new and unopened cf repair kit on hand. I have to consider that the lip was already damaged and the seller sold it to me knowing this. The only other conclusion I can arrive at is that it wasn't packaged properly and was damaged in transit. The seller is obligated to get goods to a buyer undamaged, a basic requirement in any exchange. He failed to do that and I'm holding the bag.

I'm holding out hope that it was damaged in transit and that the seller will own the responsibility for not packaging it properly and make good on his claim to provide a refund or a kick-back. I sincerely hope I can update this thread in the near future with a positive outcome but I don't have much faith at this point. Buyer beware!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 12:49 PM   #3
TT
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3 AW e46, Jet Blk e92 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedNconfused View Post
I'm the purchaser and as much as I hate to do this I'm in a situation that I feel obligated to share my experience with the seller TTony.

I make an offer and ask for the lip to be shipped with insurance and we strike an agreement. I'm told it'll be $72 for shipping so I used Paypal and send the money as a "friend" to avoid any fees, thinking I'm showing good faith.

On 11/16/19 the lip arrived with a damaged (chipped) corner. The box was undamaged. It was shipped with tube ends made of bubble wrap but at least one of them wasn't pulled up over the end of the lip, it was just used as padding instead of being pulled up over like a sock.

I immediately messaged Tony and he requested a photo which I shared. By 11/18 I'm told I'll either be sent a shipping label to return it for a refund (my request) or he could mail me a brand new cf epoxy/hardener kit he has and kick me back some money. I think it over for four days and on 11//22 make an offer of what I'd be willing to pay to keep it but that I'd prefer to send it back.

Two days go by with no response. I message back asking if he's made a decision on which way he'd like to proceed. Two more days go by without a response, I message back kindly asking for his cooperation. Two more days pass (11/26) and I receive a message with only, "I will e-mail a return shipping label to print and send the lip back." After Thanksgiving, I've increased my communication frequency to try to keep this moving along. It's been four days since then with no response.

Conclusion
I thought it was strange he had a new and unopened cf repair kit on hand. I have to consider that the lip was already damaged and the seller sold it to me knowing this. The only other conclusion I can arrive at is that it wasn't packaged properly and was damaged in transit. The seller is obligated to get goods to a buyer undamaged, a basic requirement in any exchange. He failed to do that and I'm holding the bag.

I'm holding out hope that it was damaged in transit and that the seller will own the responsibility for not packaging it properly and make good on his claim to provide a refund or a kick-back. I sincerely hope I can update this thread in the near future with a positive outcome but I don't have much faith at this point. Buyer beware!
Sorry to hear you have shitty buying experience from OP. He needs to make things right and return back your refund. Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 03:54 PM   #4
Times Like This
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M

You can still dispute the transaction via your credit card company, even if you paid via f&f on PayPal.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 05:31 PM   #5
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
I take it that the right side was the damaged side? I only say that because all of the pictures posted does not reveal the right side (up close). : If it was the left side, then there could be a possibility it that it was damaged in transit. However. I hope you get resolution.
      12-01-2019, 08:26 PM   #6
davedNconfused
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for all the support guys, wasn't expecting that. Yeah, damage is on the right side. I should have asked for detailed photos of the entire thing section by section but I don't want to put people through that. I figured there's a higher level of candor on this forum.

To make matters worse, I'm watching the final hours of the Status Gruppe BF sale go by. The difference vs what I paid would be just a little more but doable. I wanted to see if they had a sale but I had body work planned to begin this weekend so this route made sense for timing. Not going to happen without the lip ready and I have to reschedule with a shop that was already hard to book for this month. So frustrating...
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 12:29 PM   #7
TTony
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedNconfused View Post

Conclusion

Wow, I didn't realize what was being written here but to say "I don't have much faith at this point" and paint yourself as a victim is so wrong. I will be happy to post the entire e-mail chain for everyone to see how different reality is than what was written here.

1. You were never "holding the bag", when I saw your e-mail I immediately responded I would take care of it and send a return shipping label. You replied you might be willing to keep the splitter and repair it if a portion was refunded.

2. The buyer does not mention there was a 4-day gap in e-mail response from his side as well during the e-mail exchange about whether he would keep the lip and repair it or not. Not that it matters, but the days without a response from my side were over the Thanksgiving holiday.

3. Also, I have a cf repair kit on hand because of a damaged cf trunk that I sold here about 2 years ago since I did not have time to work on it. I had the repair kit before I ever even bought this splitter. NOT because I had a some master plan to sell a damaged spoiler to this buyer, unreal. If I saw the splitter was damaged, I would have either tried to repair it or highlighted the issue.

4. I've sold dozens of items on M3Post from a pristine set of $4000 set of wheels to damaged cf trunks without any issue. I've also purchased many items here as well and things have happened but it was always worked out between us. I would never think to post an attack on a seller until the issue was resolved one way or the other. When you argue over the internet, everybody loses.

5. A partial refund of $200 was sent if the buyer wanted to keep the lip as he still wasn't sure what to do. And a full refund was also sent along with a return label if he does not.

The damage on the cf spoiler is attached in the picture, I'm not sure how or where it happened. I assumed the buyer had the best intentions but for all I know it could have happened when the buyer took it out of the package because it was packaged well. There was also no way that could have happened in transit because of the packing method.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 03:09 PM   #8
Properstyle
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTony View Post
Wow, I didn't realize what was being written here but to say "I don't have much faith at this point" and paint yourself as a victim is so wrong. I will be happy to post the entire e-mail chain for everyone to see how different reality is than what was written here.

1. You were never "holding the bag", when I saw your e-mail I immediately responded I would take care of it and send a return shipping label. You replied you might be willing to keep the splitter and repair it if a portion was refunded.

2. The buyer does not mention there was a 4-day gap in e-mail response from his side as well during the e-mail exchange about whether he would keep the lip and repair it or not. Not that it matters, but the days without a response from my side were over the Thanksgiving holiday.

3. Also, I have a cf repair kit on hand because of a damaged cf trunk that I sold here about 2 years ago since I did not have time to work on it. I had the repair kit before I ever even bought this splitter. NOT because I had a some master plan to sell a damaged spoiler to this buyer, unreal. If I saw the splitter was damaged, I would have either tried to repair it or highlighted the issue.

4. I've sold dozens of items on M3Post from a pristine set of $4000 set of wheels to damaged cf trunks without any issue. I've also purchased many items here as well and things have happened but it was always worked out between us. I would never think to post an attack on a seller until the issue was resolved one way or the other. When you argue over the internet, everybody loses.

5. A partial refund of $200 was sent if the buyer wanted to keep the lip as he still wasn't sure what to do. And a full refund was also sent along with a return label if he does not.

The damage on the cf spoiler is attached in the picture, I'm not sure how or where it happened. I assumed the buyer had the best intentions but for all I know it could have happened when the buyer took it out of the package because it was packaged well. There was also no way that could have happened in transit because of the packing method.
shit if that's all the damage was I'll buy it from you for 200 off lol. I need a new lip lol.
Appreciate 2
Aries326195.00
tigermack474.50
      12-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #9
davedNconfused
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

This wasn't an attack, I simply stated the facts of what took place as I saw it. I regret it came to this. I believe it could have been avoided with more fluid communication. I lose confidence when I am responding to my own emails that are unanswered for consecutive days.

I did receive a shipping label and a refund today so I applaud the seller for coming through, I just didn't know if or when that would happen--that was my primary concern. As I told him privately, I sincerely thank him for doing that.

I have gathered some additional packing material to use to send it back. I will take care in prepping it to ensure it'll arrive back safely. I wish this would have worked out as intended. Best of luck to the seller.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 05:56 PM   #10
dean87
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

if you'll send to Australia let me know.
      02-03-2020, 03:37 AM   #11
TTony
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Front Lip is back up for sale - New pictures are attached, I took several pictures of the area in question, it's toward the underside of the lip and I will let the pictures speak for themselves.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 05:58 PM   #12
TTony
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean87 View Post
if you'll send to Australia let me know.
For those looking for shipping cost estimates:

The dimensions are 18"x7"x66” with a weight of just under 10lbs (majority of the weight is the packing materials...)
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 03:49 PM   #13
Lilmanvc
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F86 X6M

still for sale?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 04:58 PM   #14
Koolsilver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

What is the new asking price?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 04:10 PM   #15
phantome46
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Convertible - Sakhir

What’s the new price please
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 11:25 AM   #16
Richneerd
The WEEBM3
Rep
Drives: E90 WEEBM3

Quote:
For those looking for shipping cost estimates:

The dimensions are 18"x7"x66” with a weight of just under 10lbs (majority of the weight is the packing materials...)
PM'ed
Appreciate 0