BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

05-03-2019, 08:33 PM   #89
Dpc2u
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E60 M5, F15 X5, E46

Wow, we have truly entered the twilight zone.

Good luck OP, I hope you work through this ordeal. As to my opinion, and the pics I posted, I still hold that the key could have been dropped in the oil fill on the valve cover. There is plenty of clearance for it to work it's way down without being chewed up, especially considering the fill cap is right in front of the gear (note the hump on the valve cover for the gear). My opinion is based on years of experience as a mechanic, yes, I previously did it for a living, and now I am in management in the automotive field. Am I an expert on the S65? No, but nuts and bolts are nuts and bolts. Worked on my share of BMW and Mercedes.

At any rate, I will now bow out, and again, good luck with whatever, however and whoever. Not for me to judge.

IG - @thebimmerhaus
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2019, 08:36 PM   #90
Vandalle
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 (E92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusB View Post
My point is What your invoice says vs what work was actually done could be two different things, especially if they’re trying to cover up a mistake such as stripping the drain bolt.

Personally I highly doubt someone did this on purpose. There are much more easier ways to destroy a car, no matter how much someone have against you. I mean, if they have access to your car to pull this off, why not just puncture your brake lines and let the fluid out slowly and gradually, right? Much easier to poke a few pin holes on the brake lines than go through all the trouble of putting a key inside.
Very good point! Yes, it seems highly elaborate. A friend was telling me the same thing today; that there are easier ways to vandalize. Sugar in the gas tank, key the car, smash the windows, and so on. And you're bang on with the whole 'what's on the bill isn't reality'. I will ask my brother to get detailed reports from them and to use some key individuals there to get to the bottom of it. The only issue is, if they're truly at fault, why would they admit it to us? Seems that a cover up would be their first route. But we will try!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 08:40 PM   #91
Vandalle
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpc2u View Post
Wow, we have truly entered the twighlight zone.

Good luck OP, I hope you work through this ordeal. As to my opinion, and the pics I posted, I still hold that the key could have been dropped in the oil fill on the valve cover. There is plenty of clearance for it to work it's way down without being chewed up, especially considering the fill cap is right in front of the gear (note the hump on the valve cover for the gear). My opinion is based on years of experience as a mechanic, yes, I previously did it for a living, and now I am in management in the automotive field. Am I an expert on the S65? No, but nuts and bolts are nuts and bolts. Worked on my share of BMW and Mercedes.

At any rate, I will now bow out, and again, good luck with whatever, however and whoever. Not for me to judge.

Wow, thank you so much for your insight and I highly appreciate how constructive it was. Coming from an ex-mechanic, your hypothesis carries a lot of weight. Unfortunately for me, it means I have no case with the dealership as they can claim anyone did it; even if at a gas station. Thank you, @Dpc2u.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 08:56 PM   #92
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandalle View Post
Quote:

Wow, thank you so much for your insight and I highly appreciate how constructive it was. Coming from an ex-mechanic, your hypothesis carries a lot of weight. Unfortunately for me, it means I have no case with the dealership as they can claim anyone did it; even if at a gas station. Thank you, @Dpc2u.
Even if at a gas station? Let's remember that they need to have access to inside of your cabin in order to pop the hood.

Unless the car was left unattended while being unlocked I highly doubt just anyone did this. Especially if the hood has no damage from forcing it open...
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2019, 09:02 PM   #93
Vandalle
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siajoon View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Even if at a gas station? Let's remember that they need to have access to inside of your cabin in order to pop the hood.

Unless the car was left unattended while being unlocked I highly doubt just anyone did this. Especially if the hood has no damage from forcing it open...
Yeah, so here's a little factoid for you guys. In the Middle East, because it's so dusty, it's typical that at gas stations, when they fill her up, they pop open the hood and blow air over the engine and stuff like that. They even do it at car washes. It's a way to regularly dust off the engine and components. The idea is, access to the hood is not that uncommon.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2019, 09:04 PM   #94
StripclubDJ
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Op , welcome to the internet

Sorry about your motor.
But you seriously need a beer lol
Appreciate 3
      05-03-2019, 09:30 PM   #95
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 e93

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, so here's a little factoid for you guys. In the Middle East, because it's so dusty, it's typical that at gas stations, when they fill her up, they pop open the hood and blow air over the engine and stuff like that. They even do it at car washes. It's a way to regularly dust off the engine and components. The idea is, access to the hood is not that uncommon.
I think we've unlocked the problem, could have told us this 10hrs ago! So now all you need to do track back to the last garage that did this for your brother after he'd been ragging the car around the desert 🐫
Appreciate 2
Siajoon1856.50
      05-03-2019, 09:37 PM   #96
m3jala
Captain
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Quote:
My point is What your invoice says vs what work was actually done could be two different things, especially if they're trying to cover up a mistake such as stripping the drain bolt.

Personally I highly doubt someone did this on purpose. There are much more easier ways to destroy a car, no matter how much someone have against you. I mean, if they have access to your car to pull this off, why not just puncture your brake lines and let the fluid out slowly and gradually, right? Much easier to poke a few pin holes on the brake lines than go through all the trouble of putting a key inside.
Very good point! Yes, it seems highly elaborate. A friend was telling me the same thing today; that there are easier ways to vandalize. Sugar in the gas tank, key the car, smash the windows, and so on. And you're bang on with the whole 'what's on the bill isn't reality'. I will ask my brother to get detailed reports from them and to use some key individuals there to get to the bottom of it. The only issue is, if they're truly at fault, why would they admit it to us? Seems that a cover up would be their first route. But we will try!
You're insured for damage and theft I assume, correct? Any reason you would not just get this sorted through your insurance? Someone vandalized the car, right? That's typically handled through insurance.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2019, 09:41 PM   #97
Vandalle
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3jala View Post
Quote:
Quote:
My point is What your invoice says vs what work was actually done could be two different things, especially if they're trying to cover up a mistake such as stripping the drain bolt.

You're insured for damage and theft I assume, correct? Any reason you would not just get this sorted through your insurance? Someone vandalized the car, right? That's typically handled through insurance.
Going the insurance claim route once the dealership issues a report. Still waiting on that report. I posted literally days after I got the pics. I'm praying insurance policy fine print won't kick me in the nuts tho. You know, dealerships and insurance companies are my favorite establishments
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 09:43 PM   #98
Vandalle
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckiSevens View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think we've unlocked the problem, could have told us this 10hrs ago! So now all you need to do track back to the last garage that did this for your brother after he'd been ragging the car around the desert 🐫
Probable. Nothing definite yet. I won't rule out dealership foul play or negligence just yet. All are still on the table
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 09:45 PM   #99
Vandalle
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripclubDJ View Post
Op , welcome to the internet

Sorry about your motor.
But you seriously need a beer lol
Thank you for making me laugh
It's funny how the internet gave people a carte blanche to say shit they'd normally not say to someone's face. A bit cathartic I would say
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 09:49 PM   #100
m3jala
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Going the insurance claim route once the dealership issues a report. Still waiting on that report. I posted literally days after I got the pics. I'm praying insurance policy fine print won't kick me in the nuts tho. You know, dealerships and insurance companies are my favorite establishments
In theory they should cover but I hear you. don't know how they operate in the country your car is.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2019, 10:00 PM   #101
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
OP try and have a thicker skin. The forum can punch and run a lot. At the same time this story is bizarre to say the least. Iv'e read everyone's replies and yours and I personally feel like 1-who cares who did this and why? 2-This dealer is the only service entity to work on your car. 3-It was purchased new. Assert your opinion that it was solely the service provider who ACCIDENTALLY contaminated your motor during one of the many services they provided and call it a day. And can things be fixed with the original motor? I may have missed something but it cut off. Uh will it not be repairable with the OG motor? You, I and the forum members are not investigators hence the ambitious stories provided here within. Let the suits hash this out and place the burden of defense on the only service entity who performed service. Ultimately this sucks and I'm sorry for ya. At least it's not your only car like me. I'd be fucking fucking insanely jumpy towards the world if this was my M (only cool car I own anymore)!

PS:If you don't post a result or answer for this at some point.....I WILL DEDICATE MY LIFE TOWARDS FINDING YOU AND BACKHANDING YOU FOR LEAVING ME HANGIN!
      05-03-2019, 10:04 PM   #102
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Appreciate 3
      05-03-2019, 10:07 PM   #103
Vandalle
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
OP try and have a thicker skin. The forum can punch and run a lot. At the same time this story is bizarre to say the least. I read everyone's replies and yours and I really feel 1-like who cares who did this and why? 2-This dealer is the only service entity to work on your car. 3-It was purchased new. Assert your opinion that it was solely the service provider who ACCIDENTALLY contaminated your motor during one of the many services they provided and call it a day. You, I and the forum members are not investigators hence the ambitious stories provided here within. Let the suits hash this out and place the burden of defense on the only service entity who performed service. Ultimately this sucks and I'm sorry for ya. At least it's not your only car like me. I'd be fucking fucking insanely jumpy towards the world if this was my M (only cool car I own anymore)!

PS:If you don't post a result or answer for this at some point.....I WILL DEDICATE MY LIFE TOWARDS FINDING YOU AND BACKHANDING YOU FOR LEAVING ME HANGIN!
Made me laugh haha. Much love. See this is how 'internet' ought to be used. To help and make people laugh during times of hardship. I promise to update this post with how this goes down! Here's praying for a good outcome
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 10:12 PM   #104
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
OP try and have a thicker skin. The forum can punch and run a lot. At the same time this story is bizarre to say the least. I read everyone's replies and yours and I really feel 1-like who cares who did this and why? 2-This dealer is the only service entity to work on your car. 3-It was purchased new. Assert your opinion that it was solely the service provider who ACCIDENTALLY contaminated your motor during one of the many services they provided and call it a day. You, I and the forum members are not investigators hence the ambitious stories provided here within. Let the suits hash this out and place the burden of defense on the only service entity who performed service. Ultimately this sucks and I'm sorry for ya. At least it's not your only car like me. I'd be fucking fucking insanely jumpy towards the world if this was my M (only cool car I own anymore)!

Made me laugh haha. Much love. See this is how 'internet' ought to be used. To help and make people laugh during times of hardship. I promise to update this post with how this goes down! Here's praying for a good outcome
Yeah, I wish the best for ya man! This sucks and feels like a Twilight Zone episode. Don't be angry with folks because this is a weird happening. I too kinda thought shenanigans were afoot.
      05-03-2019, 10:19 PM   #105
kimiraikkonen
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Because insurance companies are not stupid and would ask the same questions we are asking. Not to mention, everytime you ask the OP, there's another piece of previously undisclosed info that all of a sudden appears.
Appreciate 2
      05-03-2019, 10:24 PM   #106
cmyE93M3
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Hey OP, hope you don't think I was tasking you in my responses, it's just such a weird way to sabotage a car. Putting bleach in the gas tank, or anything when burned up goes solid in the engine is rather easier to achieve than the method chosen by the person doing harm to you.

Would love to hear the end result of this or if you find the culprit.
2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD (fun truck)
2014 Tesla Model S P85 (wicked car)
2011.5 E92 M3 | Space Grey | ADV.1?s
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2019, 10:27 PM   #107
m3jala
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiraikkonen View Post
Quote:
Because insurance companies are not stupid and would ask the same questions we are asking. Not to mention, everytime you ask the OP, there's another piece of previously undisclosed info that all of a sudden appears.
First sentence, I think I get that insurance companies exist to make a dime. Second sentence, not getting into all that. There's this thing called karma which I'm fine not being the judge for.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 10:27 PM   #108
Vandalle
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I wish the best for ya man! This sucks and feels like a Twilight Zone episode. Don't be angry with folks because this is a weird happening. I too kinda thought shenanigans were afoot.
I know but why the F would I waste my time and everyone's if I did this. Seems ridiculous of an accusation hence why I'm rubbed the wrong way by some of the comments
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 10:50 PM   #109
Vandalle
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
OP try and have a thicker skin. The forum can punch and run a lot. At the same time this story is bizarre to say the least. Iv'e read everyone's replies and yours and I personally feel like 1-who cares who did this and why? 2-This dealer is the only service entity to work on your car. 3-It was purchased new. Assert your opinion that it was solely the service provider who ACCIDENTALLY contaminated your motor during one of the many services they provided and call it a day. And can things be fixed with the original motor? I may have missed something but it cut off. Uh will it not be repairable with the OG motor? You, I and the forum members are not investigators hence the ambitious stories provided here within. Let the suits hash this out and place the burden of defense on the only service entity who performed service. Ultimately this sucks and I'm sorry for ya. At least it's not your only car like me. I'd be fucking fucking insanely jumpy towards the world if this was my M (only cool car I own anymore)!

I'm waiting for the dealership report but what they said initially is that the engine is damaged. Some of the folks here,based on the pics, noticed irreparable damage too. Now I could rebuild the engine but I imagine that I'd be better off doing that in Germany or the US. The dealership won't have that skill over there. They'd replace it as a first option.

And your point about stressing they ACCIDENTALLY messed up is smart. It's ultimately better if we come to an agreement before sending the suits in. Bang on.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 12:11 AM   #110
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I'm waiting for the dealership report but what they said initially is that the engine is damaged. Some of the folks here,based on the pics, noticed irreparable damage too. Now I could rebuild the engine but I imagine that I'd be better off doing that in Germany or the US. The dealership won't have that skill over there. They'd replace it as a first option.

And your point about stressing they ACCIDENTALLY messed up is smart. It's ultimately better if we come to an agreement before sending the suits in. Bang on.
People will respond/deal with a calm person more often than the opposite. It's easy for me to say all this cause it's not me but it's advice ya know. If you bought the car NEW and only used a BMW dealership for service I'd assume that's positive. Being parked outside will be their point of contention though and that's a hard hole to plug.