BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

04-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #23
jkim723
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati Beastcat View Post
Don't have the performance spoiler on yet but the OEM is removed.

just a quick iphone pic

fitment is pretty good on the second diffuser so far. I'll get better pics when its all together
Nice ass
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #24
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep
Drives: X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkim723 View Post
Nice ass
Getting that Hiney in shape!
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #25
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Thought about that but didn't want the bad karma!!
As long as you advertise in the FS post that there are some fitment issues that need attention, and adjust the price accordingly, I see nothing wrong with listing it for sale.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #26
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G80 M3 / G82 M4

Looks good!
      04-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #27
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
As long as you advertise in the FS post that there are some fitment issues that need attention, and adjust the price accordingly, I see nothing wrong with listing it for sale.
I know, but running a small business like myself. If someone was accidentally shipped an $800 item and didn't return it Won't do to someone else what I wouldn't want done to me. Its stealing basically

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesal@IND View Post
Looks good!
Thanks!!
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #28
RogeM3
Ultrasiete
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 M3

looks really nice..... I'm waiting for my performance rear spoiler, you are supposed to put it on with betalink adhesive, are you using the same method on yours?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #29
JD3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3, DCT.

Slightly off topic, but I was looking at a Lime Rock M3 at MAG here in Columbus OH and the CF splitters on the front had bad fitment. Could've just been the install, but my JL-Motoring splitters fit better than those. Just seems like that's the nature of CF regardless of how much you spend.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #30
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I know, but running a small business like myself. If someone was accidentally shipped an $800 item and didn't return it Won't do to someone else what I wouldn't want done to me. Its stealing basically
Oh, gotcha. I thought you meant shafting someone else with a part that half-a$$ed fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
Slightly off topic, but I was looking at a Lime Rock M3 at MAG here in Columbus OH and the CF splitters on the front had bad fitment. Could've just been the install, but my JL-Motoring splitters fit better than those. Just seems like that's the nature of CF regardless of how much you spend.
I don't think so. I've heard rave reviews of everything Mode Carbon.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #31
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogeM3 View Post
looks really nice..... I'm waiting for my performance rear spoiler, you are supposed to put it on with betalink adhesive, are you using the same method on yours?
bmw ordered my betalink over two weeks ago still not here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
Oh, gotcha. I thought you meant shafting someone else with a part that half-a$$ed fit.

I don't think so. I've heard rave reviews of everything Mode Carbon.
Heard good things about mode carbon also. They have discontinued the type II diffuser though.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #32
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Heard good things about mode carbon also. They have discontinued the type II diffuser though.
I know, read that earlier in your post It was just a statement regarding c/f pieces in general.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #33
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Most likely poor install... There's really no variation to OEM carbon pieces...not that i have ever seen anyways.
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #34
JD3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3, DCT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
Most likely poor install... There's really no variation to OEM carbon pieces...not that i have ever seen anyways.
Good to know. It was all i could di not to get down and try to fix them!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 03:01 AM   #35
vdude
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E90 M3, E46 M3, E36 M3

Quote:
Slightly off topic, but I was looking at a Lime Rock M3 at MAG here in Columbus OH and the CF splitters on the front had bad fitment. Just seems like that's the nature of CF regardless of how much you spend.
+1. I've experimented quite a bit with CF on my E46 M3 (ebay CSL kit), E90 335 (knock off MTech Splitters) and E90 M3 (OEM splitters, OEM spoiler, Vorsteiner Diffuser). It seems like the "hand crafted" production process makes it almost impossible to create perfect fitting parts. The guys at Steve Thomas BMW (who BTW lived up to their rep of excellent customer service) exchanged my OEM E90 splitters 4x for fitment issues before I accepted that there was a factory flaw (left and right splitters have slightly different shapes that affect lower bumper/wheel arch alignment). The fitment problem affected every car I saw with OEM splitters (bimmerfest/mfest/misc meets/friends/dealer showrooms etc).

Fitment of my Vorsteiner diffuser was about 95%+ perfect or IMO equal to my OEM pieces. The key differentiator I've found through my "experimentation" is weave quality; based on this, my Vorsteiner and OEM pieces were also on par (ebay and knock offs were significantly lower quality). It's unfortunate that the OP had a bad experience with Vorsteiner. I dealt with Peter, thought that he and his staff provided excellent customer service and highly recommend Vorsteiner. Unfortunately, I think it's rare to find perfect fitting CF parts unless they are OEM factory produced/installed (even dealer supplied OEM CF accessory parts have flaws)

Last edited by vdude; 05-04-2013 at 03:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #36
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

The second diffuser which was shipped to me by accident in the same box was actually a blessing. I ended up taking the first diffuser off and sending it back to Vorsteiner. The second piece was at a 95% fitment on the first install, but I still wasn't happy. I took it off today and 3rd times the charm! I'm at 99.9% fitment. Maybe it was a small learning curve and figuring out just the right placement? 1/4" off here 1/8" tilt there and it just doesn't sit right. I knew right where to make my adjustment for the last time and I'm leaving it ALONE!!

1st diffuser (returned) no adjustment would have made it work - dry fitment was terrible tried with tape wasn't better

2nd diffuser looked promising 95% on first try and 99.9% on second try.

Happy customer right now.
Appreciate 0