BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

Today, 12:18 PM   #23739
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
Can you please elaborate; you recommend other pads on rear DSuno, coupled with DS2500s on front ?
Running a less aggressive pad in the rear was recommended to me by several professionals- Essex and Cobalt Friction.

I enjoyed ferodo dsUNO for a while. Loved the pad. No complaints for a race pad besides some chunking when it gets to backing plate thickness.

Switched to Cobalt Friction and I run their XR1 pads up from and XR3 pads in the rear. I tend to leave my rear pads in for the street (lazy) but swap the fronts to Ferodo DS2500s.

The theory on track is you want a less aggressive pad in the rear becaue when you brake, there is weight shifting off of the rear and you can lock up the rear brakes before the front, creating some imbalance. Makes sense on paper and I haven’t deviated from that advice.
      Today, 12:32 PM   #23740
okusa
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 - SSII

So...my lexan windshield has been bowing a bit (actually it happens with a loud bang) at 120mph+. So, I need to add some sort of brace. Any ideas that will not be too visually distracting?
      Today, 12:44 PM   #23741
jmeenach
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I know places like Jegs sell NASCAR-style windshield brace kits. That said, those probably fall into the visually distracting category...
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:47 PM   #23742
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by okusa View Post
So...my lexan windshield has been bowing a bit (actually it happens with a loud bang) at 120mph+. So, I need to add some sort of brace. Any ideas that will not be too visually distracting?
Maybe two small diameter aluminum rods wrapped in a soft black velour. With dual rods you could probably get away with smaller diameter and thereby less distracting.