BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

Yesterday, 09:30 PM   #1805
BGM3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwankel View Post
There's a simpler method to allow you to root cause this, assuming the car was working correctly before hand.

Unplug the fiber optic connection on the mr12volt unit while the car is on. Do you see red light coming out of the cable? You should. If you don't, its not the unit. Assuming you don't, work your way backwards from the spliter. Is there light coming from fiber optic connection on the vehicle harness? There should be. Remember, MOST is a loop. Each device sends the signal to the next device in the loop. When the loop is broken, you just need to walk back to where you lose signal.

For the coding question, I think where this is possibly confusing some people is the previous mr12 volt boxes connected differently, by tapping into canbus at the idrive controller. People are able to code CIC with these versions installed.

The new oem microphone version uses a quadlock adapter with the cic unit quadlock plug. Something about connecting this way appears to break the ability to code the CIC unit.
Thank you for clarifying the coding situation, and for the details on how to root cause the open MOST loop. I did the coding, then re-connected the Mr12Volt system and still had the same issue. Unplugging the FO connection at the unit I did not see any light. Even though I thought the connections were correct I think I did have the FO splitter installed wrong. I noticed that the vehicle harness FO connection does not output light when the system is on, but the CIC unit does. I think that I installed the original FO connection into the quad-lock adapter harness and the FO splitter into the CIC unit.

I appreciate your help here,
Appreciate 1
drwankel1041.50
      Today, 08:50 AM   #1806
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM3 View Post
I think that I installed the original FO connection into the quad-lock adapter harness and the FO splitter into the CIC unit.
Remove the Mr12Volt harnesses and plug the stock harness back into the CIC and see if your CIC is working and has sound.

Keep trying, sometimes you think its right but it's not, you just have to find it.
Appreciate 0