BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

07-19-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
xKeii
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

replacing xenon headlights?

So i haven't had any luck finding a thread about suggestions for replacing the factory xenon headlights. Can anyone post a link to an existing thread or have any suggestions?

I bought the alpine angel eyes and the blue color is making the factory xenons look a bit yellow so i am now looking into getting an upgrade for the xenons.

I was also wondering would replacing the bulb be another solution or should i get a second hid kit? It sounds a bit much to have two hid kits imo.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 02:28 AM   #2
dvpouldar26
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 328i, Porsche 987.1

You would need to replace the D1S bulb. That's it; no ballasts or other kits. Its a fairly straightforward install. Remove the wheel wells and gain access to the back of the headlight. There's 5 torx screws securing a cover on the back of the headlight. Remove the cover and you have access to the bulb. I recommend either 5000K, 6000K, or even 8000K. I wouldn't go higher in color temperature than 8000K though. You can buy bulbs from Phillips, Mtec, or if you're looking for a more inexpensive option, go with XenonDepot. They were a forum sponsor here years ago and are sponsors on many other forums. I used their D1S low beams and they lasted me a very long time and looked great.
Jet Black / Gloss Black Grilles / 8000k D1S low beam / 6000k HID fogs / GP Thunder 8500k angels & cornering bulbs / black reflectors / gloss black vinyled window trim / tints / smoked rear turn signals / black roundels / AC Schnitzer roof spoiler / VRS style decklid spoiler / Matte black Stripes / Rear fogs / matte mirrors / 19" LM reps / APR lip
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
xKeii
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Thanks! ill look into it!
Appreciate 0