BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

07-19-2018, 02:51 PM   #23
UPSROD
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwell-Industries View Post
15k is INSANE. But to each their own!
This was almost 6 years ago.......and to my knowledge everyone of them sold!!!
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2018, 02:55 PM   #24
Speedwell-Industries
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSROD View Post
This was almost 6 years ago.......and to my knowledge everyone of them sold!!!
LOL! I just saw the Price and forgot all about the date.
Appreciate 1
UPSROD945.50
      07-19-2018, 08:39 PM   #25
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
I'm in NJ, and a local dealer had a brand new, untouched LRP, window sticker and all. Price? "Over 100k" was the response. Dealer didn't seem all that interested in selling it either.

See the car here: https://instagram.com/p/BkbwP-ElKJo/
      07-19-2018, 11:32 PM   #26
Bemo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3 LRP Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyBlueCars View Post
I'm in NJ, and a local dealer had a brand new, untouched LRP, window sticker and all. Price? "Over 100k" was the response. Dealer didn't seem all that interested in selling it either.

If used ones go for $60K, mine included, is 100k all that unreasonable?

I'm glad I'm not a "car investor" and get to enjoy mine on a daily basis. It will be pampered and maintained but not preserved for its next owner. When I'm done with it, if ever, the next owner can have what's left...though scanning the automotive landscape the good stuff in Unobtanium and newer non-GT Porsches and M Models are of no interest to me...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 11:37 PM   #27
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemo View Post
Quote:

If used ones go for $60K, mine included, is 100k all that unreasonable?

I'm glad I'm not a "car investor" and get to enjoy mine on a daily basis. It will be pampered and maintained but not preserved for its next owner. When I'm done with it, if ever, the next owner can have what's left...though scanning the automotive landscape the good stuff in Unobtanium and newer non-GT Porsches and M Models are of no interest to me...
For what amounts to a fancy paint job and a special badge, I'd say so. It's also been sitting for 5 years; who knows the effects that will have.
      07-20-2018, 12:05 AM   #28
Bemo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
For what amounts to a fancy paint job and a special badge, I'd say so. It's also been sitting for 5 years; who knows the effects that will have.
Yet the LRP market in the 60-70range is hot...ask me how I know, 100k is pushing it and the reason why it's sitting, still. Honestly, at low to high 80s that car would have sold in a day.
Consider the alternative...F(ake) M series, angular headlights, smaller displacement, awful-sounding engines, ugly hood lines, and shitty electric steering...Lexus anyone??

I'd keep the top line item in your signature and discard the other 2 immediately!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 05:36 AM   #29
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Yet the LRP market in the 60-70range is hot...ask me how I know, 100k is pushing it and the reason why it's sitting, still. Honestly, at low to high 80s that car would have sold in a day.
Consider the alternative...F(ake) M series, angular headlights, smaller displacement, awful-sounding engines, ugly hood lines, and shitty electric steering...Lexus anyone??

I'd keep the top line item in your signature and discard the other 2 immediately!
The F cars don't sound good, I'll give you that. Having driven many F80s, I can tell you there is no comparison, I love my E9x so much more. But they are not crap cars by any means: certainly way more capable when it comes to speed.

LRPs are worth more than regular M3s, but they are by no means going to make you rich. The only modern M car that's worth more than the original sticker price so far is the 1 M. Will they down the road? Who knows. I hope so, as yours go up, so does everyone else's.
      07-20-2018, 07:17 AM   #30
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
The F cars don't sound good, I'll give you that. Having driven many F80s, I can tell you there is no comparison, I love my E9x so much more. But they are not crap cars by any means: certainly way more capable when it comes to speed.

LRPs are worth more than regular M3s, but they are by no means going to make you rich. The only modern M car that's worth more than the original sticker price so far is the 1 M. Will they down the road? Who knows. I hope so, as yours go up, so does everyone else's.
There have been ultra-low mileage E39 M5s changing hands for north of $100k in the past couple of years. Then again, 74k MSRP in 2001 equates to $106,500 using BLS CPI calculator which of course understates true inflation. Perhaps a second "then again", maybe an E39 M5 isn't considered modern any longer.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 08:09 AM   #31
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
Quote:

There have been ultra-low mileage E39 M5s changing hands for north of $100k in the past couple of years. Then again, 74k MSRP in 2001 equates to $106,500 using BLS CPI calculator which of course understates true inflation. Perhaps a second "then again", maybe an E39 M5 isn't considered modern any longer.
I guess I'd call modern any BMW with an iDrive? Tough to draw a line somewhere.
      07-20-2018, 11:37 AM   #32
Bemo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't care about car values. Emotional engagement trumps all else and I guess my mind defines that as:
1. NA engine
2. Hydraulic steering
3. Traditional twin kidneys and proper round halos, with a hood line that ends where it belongs, above the kidney grills. Not sure if that makes me more of a "traditional" BMW enthusiast but I think it does...

The F generation is fast, capable, but transactionally boring. It does everything right and efficiently but leaves you yearning for more. It's hard to explain so might as well have some fun with the ensuing words.

I suppose an F8X, and I've driven plenty of those, is not unlike renting out a hot girl in Vegas. You'll drive fast, the experience will be highly efficient and transactional, you'll spend a lot, certain senses satisfied, but you'll leave emotionally bankrupt.

By comparison, the E92 grabbed my brain and never let go, still hot, if a tad older, mama. Takes care of business in a meticulous sort of way, lots of drama with the intake sounds and steering and I realise that "this is where it's at!"

P.S. For the record, I'm happily married and have never done the aforementioned Vegas thingy.
Appreciate 1
pcohen15379.50