BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

02-23-2016, 03:52 PM   #89
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by imserious View Post
Hilarious. I participated on a task force whose mission it was to implement on campus recruiting to increase the number of fresh college grads. Part of that approach was educating hiring managers on what motivates and keeps millennials engaged. I was like, "how about a well paying job in a company that is growing?" No, instead it was something like being able to make a tangible difference in making society a better place. Oh, I forgot. We were hiring superheros, not programmers and analysts.
that was hilarious!

so why do you want this entry level job with this entertainment company - to CHANGE THE WORLD!
      02-23-2016, 03:54 PM   #90
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

I wish somehow we could get her to visit this thread lol

I wonder how many other forums are commenting about this I want to read different persepctives. Is there a hipster dot com?
      02-23-2016, 05:24 PM   #91
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Why continue hiring young workers then?

A lot of people in my office are in their 20's and 30's but most of them are programmers so they don't really have this sort of attitude. It's always the idiot with the virtually useless degree who seems to have these issues.
Because when you are hiring entry level positions that is normally who applies. This is an entire generation of workforce we are talking about here.
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2016, 05:28 PM   #92
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by imserious View Post
Hilarious. I participated on a task force whose mission it was to implement on campus recruiting to increase the number of fresh college grads. Part of that approach was educating hiring managers on what motivates and keeps millennials engaged. I was like, "how about a well paying job in a company that is growing?" No, instead it was something like being able to make a tangible difference in making society a better place. Oh, I forgot. We were hiring superheros, not programmers and analysts.
This is exactly right... except they aren't principled about it. So even when they feel like they are changing the world they will still jump ship for $5k more/yr at the company 3 doors down. As dumb as it is we have found that you have to appeal to their lifestyle expectations. Cool office space. A free weekly yoga class, paying $20/month for a gym membership, monthly company barbecues, solid treats/good coffee machines etc...

Even though they could pay for that on their own for $1k-$2k/yr it will keep them more loyal and reduce churn.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 06:29 PM   #93
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
This is exactly right... except they aren't principled about it. So even when they feel like they are changing the world they will still jump ship for $5k more/yr at the company 3 doors down. As dumb as it is we have found that you have to appeal to their lifestyle expectations. Cool office space. A free weekly yoga class, paying $20/month for a gym membership, monthly company barbecues, solid treats/good coffee machines etc...

Even though they could pay for that on their own for $1k-$2k/yr it will keep them more loyal and reduce churn.
Instead of just monetary compensation you can retain younger workers by offering other perks like casual dress all the time, booze in the office, game rooms, free lunches, work events etc.

My office does those things and it creates an atmosphere of community and gets employees to meet people in other areas of the business. Sense of belonging and people feeling like they're part of a work society does wonders for loyalty.

It's exactly why the Federal Government is having such a hard time attracting young bright people.

EDIT: I just realize I responded to the wrong reply and just basically repeated exactly what you said lol, oh well. And you could just pay them more but then you wouldn't get the added benefit of co-workers who normally wouldn't interact with each other to actually interact with each other. You can pay someone an insane amount of money but if they feel isolated it's hard to feel loyal to anything.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 06:45 PM   #94
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
It's exactly why the Federal Government is having such a hard time attracting young bright people.
Other than the average application processing time of 8-10 months?

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2016, 07:06 PM   #95
muddtt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i (E88)

Quote:
Instead of just monetary compensation you can retain younger workers by offering other perks like casual dress all the time, booze in the office, game rooms, free lunches, work events etc.
http://thenextweb.com/insider/2016/0...g-sex-at-work/

perks.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 07:40 PM   #96
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddtt View Post
Lol wasn't ESPN like that in their early days? That and a lot of coke.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 09:03 PM   #97
imserious
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddtt
Quote:
http://thenextweb.com/insider/2016/0...g-sex-at-work/

perks.
That's actually a competitor of ours. They have screwed a lot of things up these days. I guess on multiple levels.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 03:53 PM   #98
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Kennedy responded to the tweet, "@ChipotleTweets, nothing is free, only cheap #labor. Crew members make only $8.50hr how much is that steak bowl really?" After a supervisor showed Kennedy the company's social media policy — which states that an employee cannot make "disparaging, false" statements about Chipotle publicly — the tweet was removed by the disgruntled employee.

A judge ruled in his favor and stated that Chipotle's social media policy violated labor laws and ordered the restaurant chain to post signs explaining that these policies, as well as some others, were illegal. Chipotle was also ordered to rehire Kennedy

Looks like she can get her dream job back if she wants.
      03-20-2016, 11:43 AM   #99
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

"On Twitter and in comments to Re/code, Jane said that she was a fired because her post violated Yelp’s terms of conduct. Stoppelman countered that on Twitter, claiming that her firing was not related to the post."

what ?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 01:42 PM   #100
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye944
"On Twitter and in comments to Re/code, Jane said that she was a fired because her post violated Yelp’s terms of conduct. Stoppelman countered that on Twitter, claiming that her firing was not related to the post."

what ?
An employee like that seems like trouble and is entitled to all sorts of crap, or so they think. How about be smart, grow up, and get a real job. Is this sort of thinking THAT HARD?

The CeO is CEO for a reason.
      03-21-2016, 08:52 AM   #101
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I'll give her a job
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 08:57 AM   #102
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I'll give her a job
What kind? Accounting?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 08:59 AM   #103
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
What kind? Accounting?
Accounting for this DICK.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 09:00 AM   #104
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
What kind? Accounting?
Sure she can keep track of how many days she spends in the dungeon and loads to the face.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 09:41 AM   #105
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Sure she can keep track of how many days she spends in the dungeon and loads to the face.
How is she supposed to keep track when you unload on her face? After one shot of 9mm or 45 surely she'll be dead. I mean, you can keep unloading on her face, but you'll have to start keeping tally.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2016, 11:09 AM   #106
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage
Quote:
What kind? Accounting?
Accounting for this DICK.