BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

BPM

03-25-2020, 10:34 PM   #67
leemik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LRP M3 Coupe

Garage List
2020 Acura NSX  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [9.50]
That Euro switch..I don't know if it can be done but might be useful to get the top button working as well (there are tutorials on youtube). That top button is usually the front foglight switch on a 335 but in an M3 it toggles the headlights on/off overriding the dial setting. You might think aww that's dumb but in my state, it's illegal to have the headlights off with the wipers on...and as you probably know if you have it on "Auto" and it's raining but bright outside the headlights won't come on. Well, now all I have to do is press that top button instead of changing my Auto headlight setting everytime it rains during the day.
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2020, 08:04 PM   #68
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
Looking great! Make sure you pickup the LCI cupholder trim as well (they have a little metal on them)
Definitely Dinal! Thanks for the recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by leemik View Post
That Euro switch..I don't know if it can be done but might be useful to get the top button working as well (there are tutorials on youtube). That top button is usually the front foglight switch on a 335 but in an M3 it toggles the headlights on/off overriding the dial setting. You might think aww that's dumb but in my state, it's illegal to have the headlights off with the wipers on...and as you probably know if you have it on "Auto" and it's raining but bright outside the headlights won't come on. Well, now all I have to do is press that top button instead of changing my Auto headlight setting everytime it rains during the day.
Thanks Michael for the insight

Prior to having Total Motor Werkes install all of the Carbon Fiber parts on my car, I felt like it was PICTURE TIME!

Probably one of my favourite moments last year was having my good friends Daniel and Paula do a photoshoot for both of my cars.

Enjoy the pictures:

Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for next update!

- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar
Appreciate 1
acarr6406.00
      04-22-2020, 05:39 PM   #69
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep

Hey everyone,

Welcome back to my journal, hope you're all doing well and keeping safe considering.

There's just something about an E90 Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser Type II that makes me drool.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Challenge/RKP E90 Diffuser, however I feel like it's always been missing "something." That something is the Center Fin on the diffuser.

IMO, the Vorsteiner Type II design is one of the most subtle, yet aggressive E90 diffusers on the market...it really is a shame that they discontinued it.

From what I hear, it's because of fitment issues that people were experiencing.

Here's a picture of how it looks overall, and also on my friend Aditya's E90 Silverstone M3:

I really like how it looks on Aditya's car, especially since it's Silverstone...it gives me a vision for how it will look.

I remember seeing a Varis/VRS Carbon Fiber Diffuser thread and David (M3Post Member: "bmwtech13") posted these pictures:

Last year, after I scored the awesome deal on the Varis/VRS Lower Carbon Fiber Diffuser, I was on a mission to complete the rear-end of the car like David did; that meant finding the discontinued Vorsteiner E90 M3 Diffuser.

One came up for sale in June by M3Post Member: "simpleM3" and I passed on the sale because I needed to financially recover after spending 8k CAD on the OG TE37s and VRS Diffuser. Trust me, I wasn't happy about passing, because I knew the likelihood of one coming up again in the near future would be very little.

I hope to find one again for sale in the near future...I learned my lesson from last time...buying-on-site this time around.

Thank-you all for checking out this update...until next time! Anyone a fan of the GruppeM Carbon Fiber Intake? I really like the look of it, especially with the Front Bumper Driver Side Carbon Fiber Intake Duct!

Karbonius Intake Manifold x GruppeM CAI in the future?

Last edited by reidetailing; 05-10-2020 at 08:27 PM..
Appreciate 3
acarr6406.00
jbze4036.50
      05-11-2020, 07:28 AM   #70
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep

Hey everyone and welcome back to my journal.

This update takes place in March 2020.

Something happened…something BIG!

Every day for the past 9 months, I go on the For Sale section of M3Post to look for the Vorsteiner E90 M3 Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser Type II. As of the past 2 months, I’ve been swamped with work so that hasn’t happened.

I’m beyond thankful I have friends like Ross (M3Post Member: "Senpai") and Alex (M3Post Member: "acarr6"), because the one time I wasn’t checking the For Sale section, the Vorsteiner E90 M3 Diffuser popped up in a subtle thread title.

My buddy Alex texted me the moment he saw it pop up. You’ll see below from my replies that I wasn’t really paying attention to his message because I was on the phone with a client.

When I got off with my client, I clicked the forum link faster than the speed of light! The seller, Austin (M3Post member: "Atf22"), had his gorgeous E90 M3 written off by insurance due to a deer impact claim, so he was parting out bits of his car. He listed his partout thread in the Suspension For Sale category and subtly titled his thread: “Misc. Parts.” In that thread, as you saw above from the screenshot that Alex sent me, the Vorsteiner E90 M3 Diffuser was in there.

I’ll tell you this, if that had’ve been in the Exterior For Sale section, there would’ve probably been a bidding war.

To ensure Austin sold it to me, I offered him $25USD more than he was looking for, and I would also cover shipping as expected, so he happily agreed, and I’m happy he did because trust me this is going to be well cherished!

A special thank-you to Austin for giving me the opportunity to have my dream Diffuser (glad the search is over), and for overall being a cool person to video-chat with.

A very special thank-you to my friend Alex who always has my back! I wouldn’t be typing this update if it weren’t for you!

Please enjoy the pictures:

Before being paired up with my Varis Lower Carbon Fiber Diffuser, this Vorsteiner Diffuser will be getting the FULL TREATMENT from my good friend Steven@ElevatedAuto, as has been done with all my other Carbon Fiber parts (See page 3).

The OCD Treatment restoration process of this Diffuser involves the following:
1) Deep Clean of Vorsteiner Diffuser to remove all of the dirt.
2) Clay bar to remove any contaminants.
3) Polish to remove all swirls.
4) Apply XPEL PPF.
5) Apply Ceramic Coating.

This is the right way to do it to ensure it always looks perfect. Again, the goal with this car is to restore it to a museum-level, concourse quality, curated with some of the best, most unique and rare parts that this platform has to offer!

Speaking of which, enjoy this teaser and stay tuned for next update!

Last edited by reidetailing; 07-11-2020 at 09:31 PM..
Appreciate 3
Senpai480.00
      05-11-2020, 08:46 AM   #71
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Woow Alex is taking my credit, I sent it to him to send to you haha. Glad you found it in the end
Appreciate 3
      05-11-2020, 10:09 AM   #72
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E90 335d

Nice congrats!! Hope to see it installed soon
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 1
      05-25-2020, 09:06 AM   #73
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_tristan View Post
Woow Alex is taking my credit, I sent it to him to send to you haha. Glad you found it in the end
Shout-out to you too Tristan!

Quote:
Nice congrats!! Hope to see it installed soon
Thanks Dinal!! Sometime in August it'll get installed!

I’m very excited to share this update with you all.

This update takes place in April 2020.

You probably have never seen this part that I’m going to be sharing with you all today. This is a part that I actually found accidentally.

What I mean by that is, I was actually looking for a different part, and managed to stumble upon this one instead.

So I was watching Youtuber Spencer Berke’s feature of Miguel’s Atlantis Blue E90 M3 with all of the rarest of rare goodies available on the E90 M3.

There was a part towards the end of the video where Miguel showed his BMW Umbrella and then immediately afterwards he displayed these BMW Illuminated Door Sills (Part#51470429897), as seen below:

I searched the forums, and couldn’t find any for sale. So I checked eBay and there was a used set available in pretty banged up shape. Right below that ad, I found THESE:

These Door Sills are even more rare than the ones mentioned above! For those interested, the part number is #51472151841.

These are a special BMW Performance variant that have been discontinued. They are in a Stainless Steel Black Chrome finish, with the classic BMW Performance Yellow illumination.

The best part about the ad on eBay for these was that they were BRAND NEW!!!!!! Granted the seller offered it with a $985USD price tag, but I managed to work with the seller to get the price to $750USD.

As per usual, these Door Sills will be receiving the OCD Treatment:

1) Apply XPEL PPF.
2) Apply Ceramic Coating.

Thank-you all for stopping by and stay tuned for next update!

Last edited by reidetailing; 07-11-2020 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 3
//steve\\1074.00
acarr6406.00
      06-03-2020, 08:39 AM   #74
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Wow didn't know those existed! Congrats!
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2020, 09:34 PM   #75
acarr6
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

I have to say, this is going to be wild when it's finished!
      06-05-2020, 10:09 AM   #76
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Wow didn't know those existed! Congrats!
You and me both, Dinal

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarr6 View Post
I have to say, this is going to be wild when it's finished!
I'm excited too Alex for how it's going to look with all of these parts installed!

Hey everyone and welcome back to my journal.

Prior to putting Sky away for winter, I purchased and installed a Powerhouse Amuse Shift Knob. I definitely needed a Shift boot, so I decided to contact my friend Sean@Mashimarho to have him create an Alcantara Shift Boot.

To match the Blue theme, I had Sean do the stitching in blue, which will match perfectly with the blue stitching he did for my Steering Wheel.

Now I can’t just do the Shift Boot without the E-Brake Boot, so I also had Sean create me one of those too.

Here’s a teaser of how they turned out:

Thank you all for stopping by, and stay tuned for my early Christmas party in the next update!

Last edited by reidetailing; 07-11-2020 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 12:37 PM   #77
Johnny250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon

wow, glad you're enjoying the te37's.

also, super informative and great build. can't wait to see how it progresses!

EBII F31 328d Build Here
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2020, 08:40 AM   #78
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny250 View Post
wow, glad you're enjoying the te37's.

also, super informative and great build. can't wait to see how it progresses!
Absolutely loving the TE37s...they went to a great home, Johnny!
Thanks so much again for selling them to me

YES, Christmas came early for me back in April 2020!

Welcome back everyone to my journal!

I’m excited to share with you all a really sweet update where I unbox a whole bunch of parts that I ordered.

Such parts include:

1) BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sill Cover Set (51472151841)
2) BPM Sport Stage 2 Tune
3) Burger Motorsports Cowl Filters
4) eBay GT4-Style Carbon Fiber Front Lip
5) Mashimarho Alcantara E-Brake Boot and Shift Boot
6) Vorsteiner E90 Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser Type II

The Door Sills arrived perfectly intact from Indonesia, and as described, they are literally brand new in box.

Shout out to Mike@BPMSport, I couldn’t be more excited to install his Stage 2 Tune on my car. Also a special shoutout to Gordon (M3Post Member: "GORDON.M3") for organizing the group buy for all of us fellow Canadians!

Next is the Cowl Filters from Burger Motorsports, which were bought in preparation for me purchasing the MCS 2WRR Suspension locally.

Next up is the eBay GT4-Style Carbon Fiber Front Lip that I purchased locally from Adrian (M3Post Member: "e92m3jb"). I really like how this lip looks, especially how long the lip protrudes out; it seems very splitter-esque.
Thanks Adrian for coming by and dropping off the lip and showing me your E90 M3!
Now I know what you’re saying, “Alex, a replica part on your car…say it aint so!”
All I’m going to say is this is temporary, as I plan to buy the OEM GT4 BMW Motorsport GT4 Carbon Fiber Front Lip hopefully in the next couple of years…it just has a $4K USD price tag

Next is my Mashimarho Alcantara Shift and E-Brake Boots. I'm really happy with how these are going to look inside the car. Only thing is quality-control could've been better, as like my steering wheel, the Alcantara Boots were not vacuumed. Small thing, but if I'm buying brand new parts, they should be spotless.

Lastly is my most prized possession, the Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber E90 Diffuser. As you’ll see below, the diffuser definitely needs some love, so I will have Steven@ElevatedAuto make it look brand new again.

Thanks for stopping by and please enjoy an exciting teaser for next update:

Last edited by reidetailing; 07-11-2020 at 09:33 PM..
Appreciate 3
      06-15-2020, 12:36 PM   #79
Senpai
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Always love seeing your car's progress Alex! Love the attention to detail to the car as well as being able to keep up a nice build journal! Looking forward to many more updates from you bud!
      06-15-2020, 03:42 PM   #80
GoodTime
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3; 1991 BMW 318is

Anxious to hear feedback on that CF driveshaft!
      06-16-2020, 10:04 AM   #81
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep

+1 on hearing the feedback on the CF driveshaft!
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2020, 11:13 AM   #82
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep
Drives: 14 Dinan 550i, 10 m3, 91 332iC

Great builds in here. Following with enthusiasm.
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2020, 12:52 PM   #83
MisterClutch888
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

wow, seems like you are on top of everything.

awesome build.
Slow Build
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 07:27 AM   #84
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senpai View Post
Always love seeing your car's progress Alex! Love the attention to detail to the car as well as being able to keep up a nice build journal! Looking forward to many more updates from you bud!
Thanks Ross! Much appreciated buddy...lots of attention-to-detail over here, and this is only the beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTime View Post
Anxious to hear feedback on that CF driveshaft!
I'll definitely update the thread with my thoughts on it!

Quote:
+1 on hearing the feedback on the CF driveshaft!
You got it Dinal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
Great builds in here. Following with enthusiasm.
Thanks Dagamus! Buckle in because it's going to be a concourse quality build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClutch888 View Post
wow, seems like you are on top of everything.

awesome build.
Thanks MisterClutch, couldn't have done it without the help of friends on here, and other member's builds providing me with inspiration!

Hey everyone and welcome back to my journal!

Like I did with my Subaru, I wanted to knock the Drivetrain mods out of the way immediately for Sky.

The goal is to go with Motorsport-Oriented parts that will keep me as connected to the car as possible. This often comes with the sacrifice of NVH, but it honestly doesn’t bother me whatsoever…especially since I hardly drive my car.

With that being said, I’ve decided to order the following parts to finalize my drivetrain mods:
  1. Auto Solutions Short Shift Kit (SSK)
  2. IRP Performance Aluminum & Polyurethane Flex Disc (IRPFD-110)
  3. MFactory Carbon Fiber Driveshaft

I honestly wanted to go with the UUC Short Shift Kit w/DSSR, BUT…..thanks to the awesome members here on M3Post, I was instead advised to go with the bespoke SSK––Auto Solutions.

Ronald@Auto Solutions lived up to the hype here on M3Post. As instructed, I called him directly and shared my intentions for the car. Through active listening, Ronald consulted the ideal shifter for me…stay tuned for that!

As always, thank-you for stopping by and please enjoy these teaser pics:

Last edited by reidetailing; 07-11-2020 at 09:47 PM..
Appreciate 2
cchen9_321.50
      06-25-2020, 10:25 AM   #85
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

I'm most excited about the Performance door sills. Haven't seen a set for sale in literally years. The whole non-M E8x/E9x Performance range was really rad, more than what they're offering now for the most part for regular models.
      06-25-2020, 10:38 AM   #86
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Ronald is the man!

Gonna be amazing once its all put together
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2020, 12:56 PM   #87
cchen9_
VisionAutoworks
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW E92 M3 ZCP

in for feedback on that mfactory
      07-06-2020, 06:49 AM   #88
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
I'm most excited about the Performance door sills. Haven't seen a set for sale in literally years. The whole non-M E8x/E9x Performance range was really rad, more than what they're offering now for the most part for regular models.
You and me both, swagon...stay tuned because in a few updates, I'm going to give the door sills the extra touch.

Quote:
Ronald is the man!

Gonna be amazing once its all put together
Thanks Dinal, yes Ronald is the man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cauQazn View Post
in for feedback on that mfactory
Stay tuned, Feedback will be in a few updates

Welcome back everyone!

This update takes place between May and June 2020.

So as you all know from last update, I ordered all of my remaining Drivetrain Components to have the Ultimate Drivetrain setup for my M3.

I received everything and am excited to share the pictures with you…full review will be coming soon.

First up is all the way from Italy…IRP Performance Aluminum & Polyurethane Flex Disc (IRPFD-110). I saw this on Turner Motorsport’s website and knew I had to have it!

Turner didn’t have it in stock due to Italy being shutdown, so I looked elsewhere and contacted Alex@DriftHQ who was super helpful and had one in stock.

Excellent customer service, fast shipping, well packaged, what more could someone want…thanks Alex!

I’m not sure if this Flex Disc will flex as it’s CNC-machined aluminum, but it’s a solid unit!
I love how it incorporates polyurethane bushings for a nice upgrade from the stock option. Overkill…maybe, but who said this was going to be a basic build

This will pair up really nicely with my YCW/MFactory Dry Carbon Fiber Driveshaft!

So speaking of the YCW/MFactory Dry Carbon Fiber Driveshaft, I wanted to purchase the do88 Ultimate Cooling Setup, but in case you forgot I have a really bad vibration coming from the car anytime I’m driving past 80km/hour.

It’s really pronounced, especially if I’m driving 120km/hour on the highway. When I press the clutch in while driving at this speed, the vibration disappears…super weird.

We’ve already ruled out it being the wheels, as I swapped my winters on and that vibration was still there.

I’m hoping it’s the stock driveshaft showing it’s age and it not being the differential…hence why I put the do88 setup on HOLD, and purchased the YCW/MFactory Dry Carbon Fiber Driveshaft.

Finally I received the Auto Solutions LLC U1ltra Kit Spherical Bearing Series Short Shift Kit.

As mentioned before, I was told by numerous friends and fellow M3Post members to contact Ronald@Auto Solutions LLC for my Short Shifter needs. Ronald was such a pleasure to deal with. Me being a new client, he took all the time on a Sunday afternoon to better understand how I plan to use this car.
You all know by now that I initially considered this car as a “daily driver” since I have the Subaru, but I’m sure it’s somewhat clear that this is my 2nd weekend car, and seldom gets driven. Given the minimal usage, why not go aggressive with selecting motorsport-grade parts––that’s my logic at least.

Anyways, this is a custom Short Shifter Kit tailored particularly for my intended usage.

It features the following specifications:
1. Custom Upper Lever to Accommodate Titanium Shift Knob
2. 19mm Height Decrease off OEM Upper Lever
3. 25% Throw Reduction
4. 95A+ Polyurethane Bronze Bushing
I’m super happy that everyone pointed me to Ronald’s direction, it was a fantastic experience and I would happily recommend anyone to him for their SSK needs.

Enjoy the remaining pics:

Finally, I got a little something up my sleeve that’s been due for a VERY LONG TIME!

What do you all think that is? Ok ok I’ll give you one hint:

1) Once it’s updated, it’ll make the car look newer.

Enjoy the pictures:

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the little teaser of what I just hinted to above…ok ok I’ll give you all a really crappy riddle “Cars and olives can sadly have this in common.

Last edited by reidetailing; 01-16-2021 at 07:42 PM..
Appreciate 0