BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

08-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
Antonio1988
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW E92 M3

Another Great Review For Alex@Alpine!

So after getting caught in all the hype of one of the threads regarding coding, I finally decided to give in and get it done. One word to describe the overall experience... WOW!

I decided to do both coding AND the Euro MDM, as well as the GTS DCT coding. Here are the reviews in short:

Coding: Absolutely superb service and an imbecile with half a brain could do remote coding with Alex. He did everything that I asked for and steered me away from force coding that could negatively affect the vehicle. Everything that he did works flawlessly. There really isn't anything else to say here other than every other person that does coding should be ashamed to know that Alex charges what he does and does as good a job as anyone else out there, period.

Euro MDM: Anyone with any inclination to drive their M3 the way that it is supposed to be driven needs this. Plain and simple, it has completely transformed the way the car drives in MDM mode. I can get the car into a fairly aggressive slide before the TC kicks in... honestly, it allows just enough room for an advanced driver to really drive the car without being babysat. The M3 should've come from the fatory like this, regardless of where the car is sold.

GTS DCT: This was the one we have been asking about on the forum like crazy... this is the real deal. Shifts are clearly quicker and more precise. When in M Mode, the car drives like a raped ape. While not the best meter to judge with, the butt dyno suggests that the car is quicker. The lag involved in transitioning from Drive to Reverse is gone as well as the clunkiness of the action. This is an amazing update to the car and worth it if you are fortuate enough to have DCT.

In closing, as I have implied before, I fully back and recommend Alex to any and every single person on this forum for all of your coding needs. He is the real deal and he delivers world class service and product at a fraction of what his competitors charge. Thanks again Alex!

2012 BMW E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
8k3
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

x2. And the unlimited coding is only $60. Great guy to work with.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
CoronazonaM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93

Did you go to his shop and get the coding done or did you do it remotely? If done remotely what do you have to do? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
CoronazonaM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93

Also did you do the 240e update?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #5
Antonio1988
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoronazonaM3 View Post
Did you go to his shop and get the coding done or did you do it remotely? If done remotely what do you have to do? Thanks
Remote coding
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoronazonaM3 View Post
Also did you do the 240e update?
Already had it from December

2012 BMW E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80