BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

12-23-2008, 02:58 PM   #23
Accord
U.S. Marine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Coupe (MB Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
wait how is that a bad thing if there are less "terrorists" walking around?

OP - what is the reason why the army is still in Afghanistan? I mean seriously, a few years back, they had carpet bombed the valleys/mountains, and several dozens of farms were civil casualties. Terrorists have always been present in these countries and will continue to do so, what makes you think that the U.S. Army can put a stop to this?

p.s. don't think I don't appreciate your hard work, I really do, but I see those facilitating our troops as morons. You guys are merely doing your job, and what you're told to do.

p.s.s. I'm from the middle east, so I know what is going on.
The US Army can't put a stop to it... that's why they sent us there. ISAF, NATO, the allied coalition, the army, the brits, the canadians... nobody is capable of handling the taliban in Afghanistan except for the Marines. There's just not enough of us and that's why we're going to stop deployments to Iraq and completely focus on the Ghan.

The army and ISAF are in a completely defensive mindset while we are completely offensive in nature. That's why the army has made no progress in the past 6 years since the last Marine unit was over there.

Afghanistan would have been over already if the US government and the rest of the world wasn't spending the past 6 years dicking around in Iraq.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #24
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

12-23-2008, 03:33 PM   #25
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
+1
      12-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #26
ruxp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accord View Post
Yes, a "wedding party." To jackasses like you who believe everything that your news media spoon feeds you it sounds like a tragedy, to a US Marine like me who has actually been there and can see through the bullshit, that wedding party was nothing more than a cover for a meeting of taliban leadership taking place at a known taliban compound which coalition forces have previously been engaged from. Civilian casualties my ass. But hey, some random canadian knows more than the guys actually there.

I operated with canadians in Afghanistan, they were good guys and knew their shit but it's sad that they're doing what they're doing over there for unappreciated little bastards like you. Unless you've been there, shut the hell up because you know nothing. I wish you could go out on just one patrol with the canadian army in Kandahar, your entire perspective on life and your view of the world would completely change.
I wish some foreign country would invade yours in the name of "liberation," rape your women, kill and imprison your men, carpetbomb the living crap out of your infrastructure, and then expect you to kiss their ass for it. Your entire perspective on life and your view of the world would completely change.

Your description of the video:

"Description: While you were chilling...we were killing. Very cool video with lots of heavy metal, both in the music and the artillery!"

The video:

Looks like a 14 year old boy's dream. Mostly shit blowing up to heavy metal music.

In your post to our Canadian friend above, you said perhaps his perspective on life would change if he experienced the same things you had. Perhaps. But different people derive different things from different experiences. I have Marine friends (one of them is related to me) that experienced similar things to what you did in Afghanistan and Iraq, and came back with entirely different perspectives.

I'm guessing that has something to do with the intelligence, mindset, and maturity one has going into those experiences to begin with. In that regard, your video as described above speaks for itself.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #27
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
I wish some foreign country would invade yours in the name of "liberation," rape your women, kill and imprison your men, carpetbomb the living crap out of your infrastructure, and then expect you to kiss their ass for it. Your entire perspective on life and your view of the world would completely change.

"Description: While you were chilling...we were killing. Very cool video with lots of heavy metal, both in the music and the artillery!"

The video:

Looks like a 14 year old boy's dream. Mostly shit blowing up to heavy metal music.

In your post to our Canadian friend above, you said perhaps his perspective on life would change if he experienced the same things you had. Perhaps. But different people derive different things from different experiences. I have Marine friends (one of them is related to me) that experienced similar things to what you did in Afghanistan and Iraq, and came back with entirely different perspectives.

I'm guessing that has something to do with the intelligence, mindset, and maturity one has going into those experiences to begin with. In that regard, your video as described above speaks for itself.
EXACTLY. . .thank you.

/thread (or maybe this is where the thread begins)
      12-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #28
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
wait how is that a bad thing if there are less "terrorists" walking around?

OP - what is the reason why the army is still in Afghanistan? I mean seriously, a few years back, they had carpet bombed the valleys/mountains, and several dozens of farms were civil casualties. Terrorists have always been present in these countries and will continue to do so, what makes you think that the U.S. Army can put a stop to this?

p.s. don't think I don't appreciate your hard work, I really do, but I see those facilitating our troops as morons. You guys are merely doing your job, and what you're told to do.

p.s.s. I'm from the middle east, so I know what is going on.
it was a joke hehe

but if they killed 1200 terrorists, they are getting 1200 new terrorists everyday lol
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #29
Accord
U.S. Marine
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Clearly you're a self hating liberal douchebag and obviously don't even know the first thing about Afghanistan. I'm not going to educate you going point by point with that garbage you just posted, i'll just simply state that you're wrong and your views of the war over there are so far from what reality is and your perspective on Afghanistan is completely backwards.

You have Marine friends? Is this supposed to somehow give you credibility? You sound like a racist who hates black people, but when confronted about it you've all of a sudden got a lot of black friends, so it's O.K.! My 3rd cousin married a black guy, so we're cool bro!

I don't give a shit who your friends are or who you're related to, you're not a Marine. You've either been there and done that or you haven't and don't even try and put yourself into my shoes, you don't know what i've seen and you don't know what i've done.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 04:00 PM   #30
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
Clearly you're a self hating liberal douchebag and obviously don't even know the first thing about Afghanistan. I'm not going to educate you going point by point with that garbage you just posted, i'll just simply state that you're wrong and your views of the war over there are so far from what reality is and your perspective on Afghanistan is completely backwards.

You have Marine friends? Is this supposed to somehow give you credibility? You sound like a racist who hates black people, but when confronted about it you've all of a sudden got a lot of black friends, so it's O.K.! My 3rd cousin married a black guy, so we're cool bro!

I don't give a shit who your friends are or who you're related to, you're not a Marine. You've either been there and done that or you haven't and don't even try and put yourself into my shoes, you don't know what i've seen and you don't know what i've done.
Is your rock metal, firefight video supposed to give you credibility. . .you come on here linking all of us to the video and get pissy when people contradict your "supreme" values on the war in Afghanistan. Sit down, relax, and realize that youre leaving yourself open to interpretation when you post a video like that. And your last paragraph gives a great insight into the kind of person you are. As far as I'm concerned this can now be nominated for one of the better fails of 2008, based solely on your responses to fellow forum members. . .

Tits or GTFO.
      12-23-2008, 04:00 PM   #31
Accord
U.S. Marine
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Bimmer View Post
it was a joke hehe

but if they killed 1200 terrorists, they are getting 1200 new terrorists everyday lol
Not really.

The civilians in Helmand Province love American's. After we pushed the Taliban out of the city and back into Pakistan we had civilians coming up to us every single day, fathers telling us the Taliban killed his wife and two sons and thanking us for what we did for his country and thousands of stories just like it. Anytime we have a successful deployment like mine was, it gives the people hope for the future which in turn results in a large increase in recruitment for the ANP and ANA.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #32
urbo73
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:

The video:

The kid's been brainwashed - not his fault. Sad..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 04:06 PM   #33
Accord
U.S. Marine
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYON View Post
Is your rock metal, firefight video supposed to give you credibility. . .you come on here linking all of us to the video and get pissy when people contradict your "supreme" values on the war in Afghanistan. Sit down, relax, and realize that youre leaving yourself open to interpretation when you post a video like that. And your last paragraph gives a great insight into the kind of person you are. As far as I'm concerned this can now be nominated for one of the better fails of 2008, based solely on your responses to fellow forum members. . .

Tits or GTFO.
As far as you're concerned - nobody cares what you're concerned about.

It's not meant to give anyone credibility and it's definitely not for the faint of heart (i.e. liberal douchebags like many who've posted in here), it's something that motivates Marines and makes us want to go back for more. Every unit that goes to combat makes a short moto video with heavy metal music and a bunch of clips of shit being blown up, that's what every unit does when they come back from deployment.

If you weren't so narrow-minded and could realize the bigger picture in which every single bullet fired, every rocket launched, every bomb dropped in that video was one step closer to an entire city of thousands upon thousands of innocent civilians being liberated from the worse than nazi-like rule of the, taliban maybe your opinion would change.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 04:07 PM   #34
urbo73
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I feel for you. Really do. It's naive people like you that the government is taking advantage of and using to push their ideology. It's always been like this throughout military history, and it will always be. There is no other way. Hope one day you'll see the light. Your video is typical American macho crap - not sure what you wanted to show, but it came out B A D. No doubt you have seen and experienced things you can't make anyone understand, but that also makes your perspective narrow. It's how it is. Stay safe, but don't be so closed minded. Understand that people can't see what you've experienced, but also understand that others DO understand the larger picture - something you can't.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #35
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

the sad part is that the people pulling the triggers and taking human lives think its the coolest and right thing to do...they also think we are doing good in that country

in reality we've lost many american lives, taken a large amount of civilian lives, wasted billions of tax dollars

just so our marines can get a hard on as they shoot people

yes you took out 1200 terrorists.... the ends dont justify the means

dont take this the wrong way, im not political in any way...but lets be honest do you really believe you made a good difference?

when this country finally does go under financially ...at least we can say we "liberated" iraq.

ha
      12-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #36
Accord
U.S. Marine
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbo73 View Post
The kid's been brainwashed - not his fault. Sad..
It's people like you who make me sometimes wonder if America is even worth fighting for. Thankfully we have the most selfless military in the world which allows sheep like yourself to go about your their simple little care free lives and continue to exist in the bubble of security that we provide.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 04:12 PM   #37
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
As far as you're concerned - nobody cares what you're concerned about.

It's not meant to give anyone credibility and it's definitely not for the faint of heart (i.e. liberal douchebags like many who've posted in here), it's something that motivates Marines and makes us want to go back for more. Every unit that goes to combat makes a short moto video with heavy metal music and a bunch of clips of shit being blown up, that's what every unit does when they come back from deployment.

If you weren't so narrow-minded and could realize the bigger picture in which every single bullet fired, every rocket launched, every bomb dropped in that video was one step closer to an entire city of thousands upon thousands of innocent civilians being liberated from the worse than nazi-like rule of the, taliban maybe your opinion would change.
sure, sure thats all fine and swell but don't get mad when people criticize you for being a jarhead. . .calm down.
      12-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #38
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
It's people like you who make me sometimes wonder if America is even worth fighting for. Thankfully we have the most selfless military in the world which allows sheep like yourself to go about your their simple little care free lives and continue to exist in the bubble of security that we provide.
Don't flatter yourself. . .
      12-23-2008, 04:14 PM   #39
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

Quote:
bubble of security my ass

we are on the verge of a depression...you call that secure???
      12-23-2008, 04:23 PM   #40
urbo73
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's not. Get out and come home if you can. Do it before you get hurt proving nothing to anyone. Don't wait until you're in your 50s to see what you did. Like too many vets from past wars.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 05:52 PM   #41
kabalm18
My car drones and I LOVE IT!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M & F10 535xi

Reminds me of this! Full metal Jacket!

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PdKgM928sow&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PdKgM928sow&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 05:55 PM   #42
kabalm18
My car drones and I LOVE IT!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M & F10 535xi

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TFNeBRc7W7s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TFNeBRc7W7s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]

This is good!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 06:15 PM   #43
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
I lol'd at this. Maybe you don't realize it, but America is one of the biggest thugs since it got its fucking independence in 1776. Let's see, treason to it's home country, oh well, no problem. Rape and pillage the Native Americans and STILL to this day treat them like shit? no problem. Continuing through the 19th and 20th century, we went in and invaded South American countries and oppressed them. Third world countries in the middle east, etc...

Think about it, here are the naive, innocent third world countries, needing help, here comes the Badass Super Power USA to help us out. Yes! We need help, what will you do? We will tell you we can help you, and you will need tons of money, so we will loan it out to you (billions of dollars) and you will think we are doing a good job until a few years later where everything fails - lo and behold, we've been setup and now we owe the USA billions of dollars!?
Sure the S.American countries haven't done much, but think about the middle east...they're not like the S. Americans and when they get fked over, they take revenge.

Why not read some books after you're done "killing some baddies" ?

Just don't be so closed minded, sure war changes people - They see things, they do things, but that doesn't change the facts.

Sex, Money, Power - the three main factors of seduction. This is what the U.S. government thrives on. PM me if you want more info....

Oh and incase you don't believe me, this is a quotation from Donald Rumsfeld...."We [the pentagon] cannot track 2.3trillion dollars in transactions"

look up Jim Minnery...he tried to look up where $300M USD went...but when he confronted the director, he got "why do you care about this stuff??"
-defense financing and accounting, former marine.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #44
berm3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335i

Quote:
As some of you guys know I just got back from Afghanistan, well here is a video of my platoon and some of what we did over there... http://www.spike.com/video/us-marines-in/3059630
Cool video!!! Keep killing these 13 century vermin that slave their women and keep their people in fear. Don't worry, when another 911 happens, all of these good BMW driven liberals dbags will back you up.
Closed Thread