BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

01-22-2024, 03:05 PM   #1
Iwantbmwm3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Another What's My Car Worth Thread...

Hi, wanted to get opinions on what the market value may be for my 2011 e92 M3 in today’s fluctuating market. I have a hard to find spec with low-ish miles that is mostly stock in great overall condition. I want to say it could sell for around $40k-42k but I could easily be overvaluing it lol.

I have a 50 mile round trip commute to work and I am tired of sitting in Chicago traffic with a manual. As fun and amazing of car it is, it’s not very fun or practical in Chicago city traffic and roads. I also have a 1-year-old baby and need an AWD and be able to fit a car seat in the back seat.

I bought this car in 2017 with roughly 30k miles, along with aftermarket warranty (now expired). It was my dream car and I was pretty OCD about taking care of it and nitpicked every thing and got it repaired under warranty at either a BMW dealership or EP3 Motorsports. Everything works as expected. Never tracked under my ownership.

Specs:
-2011 BMW e92 M3
-3rd owner
-6 Speed Manual
-~64,400 miles (will increase for commuting to work)
-Mineral White
-Fox Red (Extended)
-Carbon Fiber trim
-Rod bearings and throttle actuators done
-Competition Package with carbon fiber roof
-Premium Package
-Heated Seats
-Technology Package
-Individual Audio

‘Mods’ (OEM+):
-Mostly stock
-M5 illuminated shifter
-AutoSolutions SSK (15%, +6mm)
-M Performance Exhaust (V1 – no cracks)
-BSW Underseat Subwoofer
-Rod Bearings (BE + ARP Bolts)

Under my ownership I have done the following (that I can think of as of writing this):
• Oil Changes every ~6k on average
• Brake Fluids every ~12k on average
• Trans & Differential Fluids at 36k miles
• Software Updates at 36k
• Rod Bearings (BE+ARP Bolts) at 51k miles
• Clutch Pedal Bushings & Spring at 51k miles
• Engine Mounts at 51k miles
• AutoSolutions SSK (15%, +6mm) at 51k miles
• Spark Plugs at 51k miles
• Throttle Actuators – both replaced with rebuilt ones from MPower Motorsports at 56k miles
• Battery – at 56k miles
• Passenger Door Lock Actuator
• Fuel Door Lock
• Drivers Window Regulator
• Thermostat and Cooling Temp Sensor around 51k miles
• Coolant Flush around 51k miles
• Fuel Breather Valve
• Drivers side seatbelt arm
• Drivers side seatbelt
• All recalls done
• Front Rotors and pads – at 64k miles (Jan 2024)
• Oil Change – at 64k miles (Jan 2024)
• Brake Fluid Change – at 64k miles (Jan 2024)

Exterior:

- It is pretty clean considering the age of car. There are minor scratches here and there. I’d say most of it can be fixed with a good detail. I used to get yearly details (clay, iron X, polish, seal) but haven’t been able to in the past couple years. The front bumper and hood does have rock chips.
M359 wheels have some curb rash as well. Tires are Continental DWS All-Season, rears have 4-5mm left, and the front has 7-8mm remaining.

Interior:

- This is also pretty clean. The drivers seat has some minor bolster wear, no rips though. On the seat I had to do some repair when I accidently left a sharpie in my pocket and it bled onto the leather and wouldn’t come out. I fixed it with Colourlock dye in the winter cold and think it can be re-done better. None of these are super obvious unless you are looking for it. Couple buttons on climate control are showing wear.

The Bad:

-The car was rear-ended in late 2019 and the trunk, rear bumper and some parts behind it were replaced along with some fender repair. The car did not have any structural damage. I had it repaired at A&L Autobody which is the best autobody shop in Chicago, especially for BMW’s. The work was done well and the mineral white paint matched perfectly. I then had EP3 Motorsports inspect it to make sure everything was done properly. The Carfax report has it listed as “Damage to Rear”.

-Windshield has pitting, Allstate denied my claim and said to replace it and I didn't put more thought into it. It's only noticeable on a very sunny day.

So what can I get for this car?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2024, 07:48 PM   #2
NeverL8
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slow

I would say around $42k is a solid number, since it’s 6speed white with red interior. All the major things done to it.

Personally I wouldn’t take a penny less than $40k considering the current market and what’s for sale at this moment. People trying to sell 08’s with your mileage for mid $35k….crazy
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 05:59 PM   #3
limk2012
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2, BMW M3 (E92)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverL8 View Post
I would say around $42k is a solid number, since it’s 6speed white with red interior. All the major things done to it.

Personally I wouldn’t take a penny less than $40k considering the current market and what’s for sale at this moment. People trying to sell 08’s with your mileage for mid $35k….crazy
Are you saying the guys with 08s are asking for too much or too little? I’m trying to figure out how much cheaper 08s are compared to other years. I have an 08 E92 alpine white manual with a carbon roof and 55k miles that I was thinking I could get around $37k for if I decided to sell now
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 06:34 PM   #4
fs34
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by limk2012 View Post
Are you saying the guys with 08s are asking for too much or too little? I’m trying to figure out how much cheaper 08s are compared to other years. I have an 08 E92 alpine white manual with a carbon roof and 55k miles that I was thinking I could get around $37k for if I decided to sell now
As an official 08 apologist(08 e90 owner), I believe the market impact is overblown. When I was looking I wanted lowest mileage and documentation based on my budget.

The LCI changes aren’t as significant/different as say the e46 m3. Both included tail light updates, etc but e46 was significant due to the changes like improved DSC. That would impact my decision but it’s a non issue with e9x

I think most people are looking for an 08-13 e9x m3 and low mileage examples will be worth something. If I’m a gotta buy low mileage type, I wouldnt discriminate between LCI v non-LCI.

For the record, I don’t care about “love” for 08s, just think it’s overblown that their value is that much lower than a comparable LCI.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 07:04 PM   #5
limk2012
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2, BMW M3 (E92)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs34 View Post
As an official 08 apologist(08 e90 owner), I believe the market impact is overblown. When I was looking I wanted lowest mileage and documentation based on my budget.

The LCI changes aren’t as significant/different as say the e46 m3. Both included tail light updates, etc but e46 was significant due to the changes like improved DSC. That would impact my decision but it’s a non issue with e9x

I think most people are looking for an 08-13 e9x m3 and low mileage examples will be worth something. If I’m a gotta buy low mileage type, I wouldnt discriminate between LCI v non-LCI.

For the record, I don’t care about “love” for 08s, just think it’s overblown that their value is that much lower than a comparable LCI.
Hmmm so 08s aren’t too far off from the other years price wise is what you’re saying? Maybe like $1-2k ish if you had to guess?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 07:56 PM   #6
E92Bean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP

I was anti ‘08 in my search due to wanting updated idrive, and comfort access. I think a nicely specced ‘08 shouldn’t be drastically off LCI cars. I would’ve gone with any MY if it fit my spec of DCT, Comp, Fox red, AW. Just happened to find a ‘13.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 08:16 PM   #7
Brandoch
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M3 DCT

Garage List
I wanted '09 and up (got an '09) I had a '07 335i for 5 years and I hated the ccc.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 02:11 AM   #8
NeverL8
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by limk2012 View Post
IMO too much.

08 with 55k miles and manual….i personally would not pay more than $32k for it, that’s with RB’s and TA’s done.

Again, that’s only my opinion and maybe someone will buy it for 37k.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 09:50 AM   #9
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Bean View Post
I was anti ‘08 in my search due to wanting updated idrive, and comfort access. I think a nicely specced ‘08 shouldn’t be drastically off LCI cars. I would’ve gone with any MY if it fit my spec of DCT, Comp, Fox red, AW. Just happened to find a ‘13.
08s had comfort access option.