BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

EXXEL Distributions

10-17-2018, 11:26 AM   #23
obert
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
I am in California, Bay Area. We have had 'Medical' marijuana for years, and legal for recreational use for almost a year now.

I have noticed a major REDUCTION in, shall we say public use. When it was 'medicinal' I would smell weed constantly every time I was in traffic, and see people openly smoking, I notice it MUCH less now. Everyone knows that smoking and driving is against the law.
Complete opposite here in Seattle area. I smell it everywhere now. Even comes through my open windows while I am at home and a neighbor is smoking outside.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 11:28 AM   #24
obert
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
Drug use sends you to hell? Your god sounds like a dick.
Lol

We are all going someplace.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr2903.50

10-17-2018, 11:30 AM   #25
KenB925
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by obert View Post
Complete opposite here in Seattle area. I smell it everywhere now. Even comes through my open windows while I am at home and a neighbor is smoking outside.
There are certain areas I go for work where I smell it more. There is one house in my neighborhood where I smell weed before and after legalization. I do smell it a little more around home then when it was 'medicinal'

The smell is DEFINITELY reduced on the highway, to be fair people are probably vaping and driving instead of smoking and driving.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 11:36 AM   #26
///M4ster Yoda
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
I am in California, Bay Area. We have had 'Medical' marijuana for years, and legal for recreational use for almost a year now.

I have noticed a major REDUCTION in, shall we say public use. When it was 'medicinal' I would smell weed constantly every time I was in traffic, and see people openly smoking, I notice it MUCH less now. Everyone knows that smoking and driving is against the law.
So the weed smoking in public is gone but shooting up Heroin everywhere and taking a Dump on the sidewalks has increased. Sounds wonderful. You go San Fran
Current Stable: '16 340 (Wifey), '16 M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 11:36 AM   #27
The0pportunist
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F13

When i was in Toronto a couple months ago they already had dispensaries - While technically illegal it was still a really nicely fitted shop & requested ID like any other responsible cafe around the world.

I don't smoke but i agree with legalisation. People will smoke it regardless so might as well tax it and narrow the deficit!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 11:39 AM   #28
The0pportunist
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F13

Also, I have to say i have met plenty of drunk bellends in my life. Some are inappropriate & others are just damn right aggressive. I'm ashamed to admit some of my friends fall into these categories as well but i have never ever met a pothead like that.

For that reason, I would much rather alcohol be banned and cannabis legalised here in the UK
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi3216.00

10-17-2018, 11:41 AM   #29
obert
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The0pportunist View Post
When i was in Toronto a couple months ago they already had dispensaries - While technically illegal it was still a really nicely fitted shop & requested ID like any other responsible cafe around the world.

I don't smoke but i agree with legalisation. People will smoke it regardless so might as well tax it and narrow the deficit!
Taxes will be wasted just like taxes from anything else. It wonít help anything but make someoneís bank account bigger.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 11:43 AM   #30
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Rep
Drives: Magic Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr August Schmidhuber View Post
The first stage is psychosis, especially in the young. But other mental illnesses can be progressed by cannabis if the user has an underlying predisposition. Obviously if smoked, it's carcinogenic.
I can see and don't disagree with psychosis in the young.

Smoking cannabis as well as anything can/will be a carcinogen. Not disagreeing but there are other ways of ingesting.

As for underlying predispositions, those need to be treated individually. Cannabis use doesn't make these any more of an issue than they already are. Cannabis usage won't cure your mental illness but it will make your life easier to deal with. I have met people throughout my life that have severe mental issues. Prescription medication doesn't make them any better, it doesn't cure them, it simply suppresses their condition. Marijuana usage isn't going to cure it either, is it going to cause progression, possibly but so will meth, cocaine, etc. It all depends on the user and what they ingest.

I personally believe that cannabis usage by people with mental illness, chronic pain, epilepsy or the gambit of other ailments that it has been scientifically proven to assist with, is far better for the user than prescription medication. I feel that it depends on the user and what their ailments are. I also feel that it does way more good for people than harm by the means of side affects.

As for the pick your poison/landing people in hell comment....c'mon man; let's get real here. Ingesting chemicals into your body is ingesting chemicals in your body. Because the government makes some chemicals legal and others not, this determines whether or not one is going to hell? Pain medication may be legal but it still alters your awareness just as alcohol or cannabis may. Does this mean that someone who requires pain meds for whatever ailment they may have, is going to heaven just because the government says you won't go to jail for possession accompanying a prescription. If this is the case, then your argument is moot considering some can get a prescription for cannabis now. Is the line drawn because some may have a 'script and others do not? If that's the case then this is bullshit as well as God himself isn't the one handing out 'scripts, it's us the all-fallible man.

To touch on the subject that cannabis sends patients to your therapist - anything and everything sends people to therapists. The hell my ex-wife put me through sent me to a therapist, my fathers suicide sent me to a therapist. My point is shit happens and we have to deal with the circumstances of our life experiences. Singling cannabis usage out for people that enjoy it or it enables them to reduce stress levels to enjoy life and suggesting they will end up in hell is just a ridiculous statement to make. Some of the most devout Christians that I know deserve a front row seat on a bullet train straight there.

Last edited by Now_Rudi; 10-17-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Appreciate 2
Kid Eh430.50

10-17-2018, 11:58 AM   #31
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
I agree that people should be allowed to do what ever they want. What I donít agree with is the exposure on young kids. Makes it easier for them to get ahold of pot way to early. As a parent itís my responsibility to teach my child to stay way from drugs and alcohol until they are old enough (if ever) to do it. As with anything this can consume someoneís life and make them less motivated to do anything with their life. I know it varies from person to person on how it affects them and their way of life. It changes the way you see things and not always for the best.

If it helps medically to make your life more manageable the great! But if you do it and it makes your life worse then not so great. People say itís not addicting but it absolutely is to some people. Just like anything else in this world can be addicting and consume someoneís life and distroy it. When compared to other drugs it by far the safest one to do for a number of reasons.

I would like to see a study of every person that wasnít already smoking pot in Canada. See how their life changes personally, work, financial, relationships, family. Not every one will be affected in a negative way but I guarantee that peopleís lifeís will be affected in a negative way.

But smoke away it not my life itís yours.
This is exactly why it was legalized in Canada. Take it away from the black markets where kids have easier access to it.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 12:03 PM   #32
Chappers 71
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SE

Garage List
Cannabis has been used for healing the sick & the lame for thousands of years...fact.

The British Empire, European Empires & America have all been funded by drug money from one source or another at sometime.
Coffee, tobacco, opium even good old coca cola was originally made with cocaine & caffeine as two of the main ingredients.
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 2
Now_Rudi3216.00
Kid Eh430.50

10-17-2018, 12:05 PM   #33
obert
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
This is exactly why it was legalized in Canada. Take it away from the black markets where kids have easier access to it.
The black market now and always has been is the kids parents house that use and are not responsible about it. Kids will always find a way to get what they want, legal or not. More people using equals more access to kids.

Most drug dealers don’t have a 100 different products of pot that they are selling like the pot shops do. More products more chances of kids getting their hands on it.

Sorry but I disagree with making it legal reduces the chances of kids getting ahold of it.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 12:14 PM   #34
xander_g
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92/F10

Garage List
2014 BMW 535xi  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Who cares. Those that smoke, will continue regardless of whether its legal or not. Those that don't aren't about to turn into potheads overnight.
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi3216.00

10-17-2018, 12:16 PM   #35
obert
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
Who cares. Those that smoke, will continue regardless of whether its legal or not. Those that don't aren't about to turn into potheads overnight.
What ever pot head lol

Just kidding
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 12:35 PM   #36
xander_g
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92/F10

Garage List
2014 BMW 535xi  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
What ever pot head lol

Just kidding
Lol, puff pass duude

Also, if they really want to damage the blackmarket, they should legalize everything. However doing that will require the restructuring of various government agencies and infrastructure which isn't something that's going to happen, not in the foreseeable future anyways.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 12:52 PM   #37
yco
ignorance is bliss..
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10

as long as its not abused it can help people.. but people tend to abuse things quite a lot..
thanks for the link..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 01:05 PM   #38
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Rep
Drives: Magic Carpet

Quote:
I'm sorry, you misunderstanding me. This is because English is not my first language. The point in made on hell was 'tongue in cheek' and not be be literally taken. Hell is in your mind, any combination of drugs and alcohol can take you there
I can respect that. Thank you for clarifying.
Appreciate 1
LobB5105.00

10-17-2018, 01:21 PM   #39
KenB925
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
So the weed smoking in public is gone but shooting up Heroin everywhere and taking a Dump on the sidewalks has increased. Sounds wonderful. You go San Fran
that place is a f*ckin mess
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2018, 02:12 PM   #40
Chappers 71
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SE

Garage List
Quote:
What is your point?
The 'war on drugs' isn't being 'won' by the various government agencies fighting it.
The illegal drug trade continues to flourish, I suspect that you are aware that children here in the UK are being groomed by drug gangs & used to sell drugs.
Governments spend millions on trying to stop the trade but are failing. Lots of people take drugs & continue to hold down jobs & are able function. The market is there, it's old fashioned supply & demand.

The monies spent on drug enforcement could be spent elsewhere, cannabis could be taxed & the monies generated could be spent on the stuff governments spend money on.
A lot of the drug gangs would be put out of business or have go legal.

Cannabis use is nothing to be ashamed of, even Jesus used it.
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 03:11 PM   #41
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Being a Libertarian I really feel its about time the government step the fuck out of things that really arnt their business. Anyone who wants to smoke pot already does.

Only thing that annoys me is that for some reason while pot will be allowed to be done in public i.e. walking down the street. Drinking is still taboo.
I know, what a disconnect. You can now walk down any street smoking a joint but you can't have a bottle of wine with your Sunday picnic in the park....WTF?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 03:13 PM   #42
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
that place is a f*ckin mess
That could be downtown Toronto too. Safe injection sights, hands off policing and human feces and abandoned needles all over the place. Go Liberals!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 03:33 PM   #43
obert
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
That could be downtown Toronto too. Safe injection sights, hands off policing and human feces and abandoned needles all over the place. Go Liberals!
Sounds like Seattle
Appreciate 1