BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

05-20-2018, 09:14 AM   #1
mrpizat
Rep
Drives: e46 m3

CIC screen off and on (bluetooth pausing)

So, i've been looking for an answer to this for quite some time. I've read about the system fully rebooting (bmw logo). I've read about the red screen problems. But i've not seen anyone run into this issue.

Car is an 08 e93 with a cic retro fit. Everything works like a champ about 99% of the time.

The issue is that occasionally (2-3 times while driving the car) the screen will go black for a few seconds and come back on, right where it was. This isn't that big of a deal except that it also pauses my ad2p (bluetooth) signal, so i have to go back to my phone and hit play on what ever app (audible, spotify, etc). It's pretty annoying when enjoying a good song or audio book and more annoying that i have to mess with my phone while in motion.

Has anyone experienced this? It sounds like I'm going to have to replace something but id love to know what to replace instead of shooting in the dark amd ending up replacing everything

Please help

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 11:18 AM   #2
mrpizat
Rep

small update.

i hadn't ever tried with just the radio playing as i tend to only use bluetooth audio.

With the radio playing when the screen goes off the radio volume drops out for a second and then comes back while thew screen is waiting to re-initialize, again going right back to where it was with out a full reboot.

thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 01:21 PM   #3
mrpizat
Rep

Figured it out. It was the inline emulator from China causing the issues.

So, there you have it.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 06:59 PM   #4
doogee
Major
Rep
Drives: '08 M3, '09 328xi Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpizat View Post
Figured it out. It was the inline emulator from China causing the issues.

So, there you have it.
I had the same issue with my CIC and NBT retrofit.

The both systems would only work correctly with my High Beam Assist rearview mirror unplugged. It was caused CAN errors with the adapter somehow. Pretty frustrating.