BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM
Closed Thread

03-26-2008, 08:13 PM   #1387
XXL
Registered
Rep
Drives: old beater truck

I just came for the popcorn party...

State of Arizona corporate records for AUTOMOTIVE INVESTMENT GROUP, INC.

Cecil Van Tuyl's political campaign contribution information

same for Larry Van Tuyl

I'm 3 states over and have no interest in BMW's... but I can guarantee that I'll check to see if AIG owns any dealership I'm planning to buy from in the future. AIG can eat toe jam.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 08:13 PM   #1388
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
exactly, if dealership had good and sincere attitude, honored the deal and made a smooth and quick process, it would raise the dealership's reputation, and more people might go there to buy BMW's from them.

Now, with all this publicity, I doubt anyone would go to BMW of Lincoln to buy BMW's except for those who totally didn't know about the whole incident.
2007 E90 335i|6MT|Sapphire Black Metallic|Black Leather|Aluminum Trim|ZSP|ZPP|CWP|Aluminum Pedals|M-Aero Kit|Blackline Tailights|E46 ZHP Knob|Euro Foglight Switch|M-Sport Perforated Leather steering wheel|M-Sport Perforated E-Brake|Front Carbon Fibre Splitter Kit|BMW Performance 19" Wheels|Meisterschaft Touring Exhaust Full Cat-Back System
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 08:16 PM   #1389
Shorebird
Rep
Drives: 1976 2002

Earlier today (1:19) I posted about having talked to somebody at Husker. What I did not post was that Doomas' car was still listed on their website as being for sale. I justed looked and now they do not have any M3s' listed. And yes it was Doomas' car as the VIN # matched the auction.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 08:16 PM   #1390
AYF82M4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MG F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Thanks, Scott.
Guys, just to confirm, Scott_J_Tepper is my attorney's handle, I did ask him to respond on my behalf. Scott has done a phenomenal job thus far, and his involvement has allowed us to really take it to the next level, in an effort to reach resolution.
2008 E90 M3 Jerez Black (Retired)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 08:18 PM   #1391
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
Thanks, Scott.
Guys, just to confirm, Scott_J_Tepper is my attorney's handle, I did ask him to respond on my behalf. Scott has done a phenomenal job thus far, and his involvement has allowed us to really take it to the next level, in an effort to reach resolution.

good to see you back dooma.

We're all here to support you, and hope that you get your M3 asap.
2007 E90 335i|6MT|Sapphire Black Metallic|Black Leather|Aluminum Trim|ZSP|ZPP|CWP|Aluminum Pedals|M-Aero Kit|Blackline Tailights|E46 ZHP Knob|Euro Foglight Switch|M-Sport Perforated Leather steering wheel|M-Sport Perforated E-Brake|Front Carbon Fibre Splitter Kit|BMW Performance 19" Wheels|Meisterschaft Touring Exhaust Full Cat-Back System
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 08:21 PM   #1392
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 93 honda accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by naugahyde View Post
I think I'm going to have to call shenanigans on this Husker rep post.
OFFICER BARBRADY,ARREST TAT MAN SHENANIGANS,SHENANIGANS!!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 08:21 PM   #1393
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
$25,000 to the RNC...damn...I wonder if he was a "Ranger"

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 08:24 PM   #1394
hyun86
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mazdaspeed 3

Hello, Im from Mazda3forums and mazdas247.com and heard about this from autoblog. (Will be posting this on those forums so that more people are aware of it)

Does anybody know the name of dealers this corporation own in Georgia? I would like to let my friends and family know so that they can avoid these low class dealers
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 08:26 PM   #1395
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 93 honda accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothKnight View Post
Just saw this on Ebaumsworld forum, and I just wanted to add my support from Iowa, sent this to everyone I know, keep their nuts in a vice bud!

wow ebaums world..lot of great times using their soundboards for prank calls,i wonder how fil woud react to a call from michael jackson or arnold shwarzanegger (thats wrong i know)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 08:31 PM   #1396
UsedCarSalesmanwCombOver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Supercharged Ford Granada

Like the Democratic Presidential primary, let's hope this continues to play out with Cornholer BMW continuing to stick it's stick shift up it's muffler and have it eventually end up in the WSJ.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 08:31 PM   #1397
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
$25,000 to the RNC
That explains the hair then. Otherwise they would have let him see John Edward's hairdresser.
      03-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #1398
man02195
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3 M-DCT, SG-status 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooma350 View Post
Thanks, Scott.
Sorry you had to resort to legal assistance, and hopefully there's some agreement where it doesn't sap away every buck you saved on the auction. Obviously we're all pulling for you, lurkers and posters alike.
      03-26-2008, 08:33 PM   #1399
ascari_2
Registered
Rep
Drives: 94 T Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Maledon View Post
I represent Husker Auto Group. Much of the information that has been publicized and reported on to date is wholly without merit.

Husker Auto Group erred in its eBay listing by not setting an appropriate reserve on the vehicle. General manager Fil Catania was contacted by Ken Tanisaka late last Friday informing him of the auction results. Mr. Catania asked Mr. Tanisaka to have the weekend to gather the facts and promised to get back to Mr. Tanisaka the following Monday. (Recall this was Easter weekend. Mr. Catania contacted me over the weekend, but I was not able to return his call until Monday morning.) On Monday, Mr. Catania called Mr. Tanisaka and explained that although the dealership’s eBay listing was in error, the dealership would nevertheless consummate the transaction at the price bid by Mr. Tanisaka.

Between Monday and today, Mr. Catania has repeatedly attempted to work cooperatively with Mr. Tanisaka to consummate the transaction. Husker has agreed to allow Mr. Tanisaka additional time to secure financing, and has only requested the minimum deposit of $1,000. (A clearly stated condition of the auction was that the buyer must deposit $1000 to $5,000, which must be received by Husker within 24 hours.)

It is true that Husker asked Mr. Tanisaka to post a comment on this site that would set the record straight. While it may or may not have been Mr. Tanisaka’s intent, the dealership and its employees have been unfairly subject to slander, threats, intimidation, malicious tampering of personal property, harassment etc. Although Mr. Tanisaka refused to correct the misinformation that has been widely circulating, Husker Auto Group nevertheless confirmed to Mr. Tanisaka its willingness to consummate the transaction at the price he bid.

Mr. Tanisaka has still not completed the necessary paperwork to purchase the vehicle. In fact, he has indicated his refusal to speak with anyone at the dealership.

Based on the gamesmanship being played by Mr. Tanisaka, it has become increasingly apparent that Mr. Tanisaka is more out for the publicity than to buy a BMW.

Of course, Husker will continue to do everything reasonably possible to satisfy Mr. Tanisaka if he truly intends to purchase this vehicle.

Michael B. Maledon, Esq.
Mr. Maledon, I realize you're put in a precarious position to defend a client like BMW of Lincoln, and I sympathize with you, but please explain this to me.

My understanding is the following. An eBay auction is a legally binding document that can stand up in the court of law. Generally, the a contract is formed upon the completion of the auction with the buyer offering to purchase the car for the price that he bid and the seller accepting that price (signified by the auction’s closing). The rest is governed by the UCC.

Now you state that a $1000 deposit was not paid within 24 hours, but that clearly can’t go against Ken as he was barred from doing so by BMWoL themselves. A contract for the sale of a car was formed. Now you contend that the lack of the reserve was a mistake. But as already stated, the auction was changed a number of times, and as such it’s very unlikely that this was NOT noticed. In addition, this is not a first eBay auction, and therefore the dealership should be familiar with the working of an auction and setting the proper terms.

But even if as you say this was a mistake, a simple mistake will not dissolve a contract. Courts often frown upon trying to restructure contracts for parties based on the excuse of a “mistake.” This was a unilateral mistake where the non-erring party didn’t know of that mistake. Such a contract is not likely to be set aside.

So no please explain to me, why your client is acting the way they are. Is it not completely obvious to them that with the negative publicity that have generated for themselves they will lose much more money than they would have on the deal, which they are legally bound by. Ken has done nothing except for to share his experience with the car loving community. The only ones that are to blame for the after-effects are those who are acting like slime-balls.

Ken I hope you get this taken care of and I am glad to hear that you have retained counsel for this. I hope they you are able to recover your attorney fees. I hope your attorney throws everything at them but the kitchen sink. Keep us updated and good luck with getting the new car.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 08:40 PM   #1400
-RAC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 996 C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerfar23 View Post
how could he file an lien against the car when he doesn't even own the car??

He could ask for injunction that would halt any sale of the M3 sedan in question to another customer or if he is really brave he could ask for halting of all sales at this particular BMW dealership in NB.

I could be wrong but, I don't believe ownership is a requirement to file a lien. Beside why would you file a lien against yourself?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 08:44 PM   #1401
Michael-Dallas
mAd Se-R pOwAh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002.5 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdaviswaco View Post
From an earlier post. May be outdated...

Here's a list of VT dealers from 2000:
Westway Ford, Irving, TX
Reliable Chevrolet, Richardson, TX
Camelback Toyota, Phoenix
Showcase Honda, Phoenix
Reliable Chevrolet/Mercedes-Benz, Springfield, MO
ABC Nissan, Phoenix
Trophy Nissan, Mesquite, TX
Vandergriff Chevrolet, Arlington, TX
Toyota of Richardson, TX
Van Chevrolet, Scottsdale, AZ
Pinnacle Nissan/Infiniti, Scottsdale, AZ
Showcase Pontiac-GMC, Phoenix
Crest Autogroup (Cadillac-Isuzu-Kia), Plano, TX
Cerritos Nissan, Cerritos, CA
Van Chevrolet, Carrollton, TX
Grand Prairie Ford, Grand Prairie, TX
Reliable Chevrolet, Tulsa, OK
Showcase Chevrolet, Dallas
Reliable Toyota/Lexus/BMW, Springfield, MO
Gwinnett Place Ford, Duluth, GA
Miles Chevrolet/Nissan, Decatur, IL
Huber Chevrolet, Omaha
Reliable Chevrolet, Albuquerque, NM
Trophy Nissan has been on my ban list since 1997. Thanks for the cummulative list. Now I know who else to ban.

///Michael
E70 X5 35d
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 08:46 PM   #1402
dgb2
Rep
Drives: GLI

I was a major proponent of keeping our cool, but Fil's latest charade has me ready to harass the hell out of Husker. Only out of respect for Dooma's wishes that we leave the dealer alone will I not mail this product to Husker... they'll sure need it.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #1403
0.02eurocents
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo 159 SW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-m6 View Post
if they have the nerve and audacity to make demands, so should you....wavering of fees, bmw authentic extras. thats only fair.
Heh. That thought crossed my mind too. But the car is loaded, and I would not want any of their goodies or branded keyrings anyways. But I'd make it a requirement to be allowed to take a picture of Fil holding a piece of cardboard into the camera that reads "pwn3d by the webternet" mugshot style.

That would rule so much.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 08:49 PM   #1404
fahrenheit955
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2003 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Like most of the people in this forum, I too have been following this for days and it has been rather addictive!! I really hope you do get that m3!! My dad has a 2006 BMW 530xi. It drives like a dream. I can only imagine what driving an M3 is like. I myself heard about your story from a forum from www.audizine.com. This is such an amazing story, I can't wait to see the end result!!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 08:55 PM   #1405
vwluver
Rep
Drives: Volkswagen

I just made a post about my pending Husker Auto Group / BMW of lincoln lawsuit.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129357

I didnt want to steal the thunder of this thread but thought it would be an interesting read to others..

In Husker Auto Groups defense, on Friday i went into the dealership and talked to Fil about this lawsuit and he told me while i was sitting there in his office that he would make it go away. Ive been fighting it for 2 years now and $5000 later... now with all this publicity i wonder if he will still stick to his word on that?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 09:09 PM   #1406
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
what a way for Catania to start the GM role...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 09:09 PM   #1407
cobradac
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 645Ci Coupe

Garage List
2005 645Ci  [0.00]
The Knights of the Roundel and bimmerdriver s.com support member dooma350 (Ken) and Scott J. Trepper, a well known and respected attorney familiar to our organization, in their efforts to make this situation right. One could only wish this could have been handled by the dealer in a much more positive manner. But as Scott noted in his quote of Justice Louis D. Brandeis “sunshine [to be] the best disinfectant.” And boy, is there plenty of "sunshine" on this fiasco.

Last edited by cobradac; 03-27-2008 at 05:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 09:10 PM   #1408
rainsux
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G35 & Italia

List of VTAIG auto businesses only totals 54 at the moment. I am
not listing the real estate, title, insurance and advertising companies:

SUPERIOR HYUNDAI, INC., KS
V. T. TITLE CO., KS
VAN CAR & TRUCK LEASING, INC., KS