BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wash / Wax / Detailing / Touchup Supplies

EXXEL Distributions

02-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
gocanes
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

FS: Porter Cable 7424xp and polishes

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
For sale for $125 shipped within the continental US (not looking to break up package at this time):
Been bit by the detailing bug and have been upgrading equipment and product like money is kryptonite. Need to replenish some funds.

The 7424xp was purchased new by me in December 2012. I used it to polish 2 vehicles and it is still in excellent condition. I do not have the box or manuals for it though. I threw those out. Originally came with a junk white foam pad that I threw out also.

The Mirka backing pad is probably the best you can buy for the DA platform. This is brand new.

The SSR polishes are pretty much new. I think I used 0.5oz of the ssr2.5 and ssr1. They all still look full. With SSR2(light cut polish), SSR2.5 (medium cut polish) and SSR3 (heavy cut compound), you will be able to correct almost any type of imperfection and finish it off to a deep gloss with SSR1 (finishing polish).

All you really need to do is add some foam and/or microfiber polishing pads and you are on your way to polishing paint. Removing swirls, scratches and defects from paint is easy with idiotproof dual action polishers.

Autogeek has a great series on how to get your paint perfect using the Porter Cable 7424xp: part1, part2, part3

These are great products. In case anyone is curious, I am selling because I upgraded to a Rupes Bigfoot. Some exotic stuff for those really into detailing.

Last edited by gocanes; 02-19-2013 at 10:41 PM.. Reason: item sold to DaFool
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
DaFool
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

PMed.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
gocanes
Enlisted Member