BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

Mporium BMW

07-01-2015, 09:14 AM   #1
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep
Drives: 23 Jahre G80 M3

FS: 2008 E90 M3 - ESS 595 Kit - 6 Speed

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 35,000.00

Item Interest
M is officially for sale. Just picked up a 997.1 Turbo a couple months ago and recently purchased a 2016 Range Rover. Need to unload the M to make space in the driveway and garage. Car is clean clean clean and is or sale locally (tri-state) first. There are zero issues, ready for a new home. I just changed the AC blower motor and all 3 front underbody splash guards. I will consider shipping if I have solid interest outside of the tri-state area. All questions will be answered via Text or email. I am not on the forums enough to keep up with the PMs and posts.

I have hundreds of pics and can send additional if needed. I have no problems showing the car in person. But no joy rides unless I have serious buyer with cash in hand.

68k miles, 6-speed. Loaded with every option EXCEPT rear sunshade. I am willing to sell the car with or without the wheels. Wheels alone are almost $10k.

34k with all Mods, without wheels. FIRM

Major Mods - Over $20k in just Parts.... Not including labor

ESS 595 Kit - $8000
Meisterschaft Exhaust with connecting Pipes - $2100
Turner Test Pipes - $400
ADV1 (ADV10) wheels 20x9.5 and 20x11.5 Pilots Sports with 70% meat left all around - $9000
MS Stud 75mm Stud Kit with Project Kics 40r lugs - $500
Swift Springs - $300
OEM Black Chrome Front/Side grills -$300
Performance Splitters with CRT Lip (Custom) - $600
OEM Performance Spoiler - $500
New OEM clutch and Flywheel installed 12/2016 - $2500

Attached Images

Last edited by Eurohorses; 05-04-2016 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: Price Drop!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 11:56 AM   #2
ArthurL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6MT (E93)

GLWS!
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2015, 05:57 PM   #3
Rob S.
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Nissan GT-R FBO

Just sell me your ESS kit, test pipes and some other stuff. Then you can sell it for 30k and make a lot more ''profit'' then now GLWS!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2015, 06:03 PM   #4
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
just advice but i would say to part out. you have some good parts and i see you easily selling them all except maybe the wheels.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2015, 08:25 AM   #5
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
just advice but i would say to part out. you have some good parts and i see you easily selling them all except maybe the wheels.
I understand the whole concept of parting out as it allows the seller to recoup more money overall than a straight sale. But im a bit confused as to why potential buyers do not see this "packaged" deal as a STEAL.

Also, the reason I am not parting out as yet is that I have no issues just hanging on to the car. If I part it out, that option fades as I would no longer want to hold on to a stock car and at a loss even after parting out. I know the power the car is putting down and I have realized the cost of the parts up front. So keeping the car would be an option. I would just want more power...
      07-09-2015, 09:49 AM   #6
m3freak86
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurohorses View Post
I understand the whole concept of parting out as it allows the seller to recoup more money overall than a straight sale. But im a bit confused as to why potential buyers do not see this "packaged" deal as a STEAL.

Also, the reason I am not parting out as yet is that I have no issues just hanging on to the car. If I part it out, that option fades as I would no longer want to hold on to a stock car and at a loss even after parting out. I know the power the car is putting down and I have realized the cost of the parts up front. So keeping the car would be an option. I would just want more power...
I too have been in your situation where I tried selling my M3 as a whole package. It had high quality brands and extremely nicely done, such as yours, but most of the time buyers are looking at year, mileage, and overall maintenance history. Unfortunately, mods only add value to about 1% of buyers, so if you are trying to expand your market, most people just won't see the added value.

When I went to sell my e46, I priced it what I thought it was worth with everything as it sat priced higher than most comp's on the market at the time with similar year and mileage. My car sat, sat, and sat. I was in the same position as you, no rush to sell only if I could that amount. 4 months went by and I still had the car. I decided to part out, recoop my "investing" on mods and sell the car mostly stock. After that, the car sold fairly quickly and I was still happy. I actually made more in the grand scheme of things parting out and selling the car most stock. While it was more work than I wanted to do, it sold the car. If you don't want to part out because it will make you not want the car anymore, I will suggest taking it off the market and enjoying it more. Don't sell until you are 100% ready. And by ready I mean parting it out to sell and/or lowering price point.

I totally understand your POV and how the car is worth more to you than it may to others. However, if you really want to sell, lowering the price or parting out a few items is your best bet. However, there very well could be that certain someone who comes along that finds your M the dream car they have been searching for. Although, I can guarantee you will be waiting.

You have a nicely sorted car. When you look at 2008's with 68k on the clock... you'll be seeing them in the low 30's even upper 20's these days (unfortunate for sellers, great for buyers)! People are also looking at resale in the future for them as well. If someone where to buy this car at 39k now, resale in 3-5 years will be quite dramatic, even with the added mods. Just my two cents. Best of luck with the sale, sir!
      07-09-2015, 10:46 AM   #7
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3freak86 View Post
I too have been in your situation where I tried selling my M3 as a whole package. It had high quality brands and extremely nicely done, such as yours, but most of the time buyers are looking at year, mileage, and overall maintenance history. Unfortunately, mods only add value to about 1% of buyers, so if you are trying to expand your market, most people just won't see the added value.

When I went to sell my e46, I priced it what I thought it was worth with everything as it sat priced higher than most comp's on the market at the time with similar year and mileage. My car sat, sat, and sat. I was in the same position as you, no rush to sell only if I could that amount. 4 months went by and I still had the car. I decided to part out, recoop my "investing" on mods and sell the car mostly stock. After that, the car sold fairly quickly and I was still happy. I actually made more in the grand scheme of things parting out and selling the car most stock. While it was more work than I wanted to do, it sold the car. If you don't want to part out because it will make you not want the car anymore, I will suggest taking it off the market and enjoying it more. Don't sell until you are 100% ready. And by ready I mean parting it out to sell and/or lowering price point.

I totally understand your POV and how the car is worth more to you than it may to others. However, if you really want to sell, lowering the price or parting out a few items is your best bet. However, there very well could be that certain someone who comes along that finds your M the dream car they have been searching for. Although, I can guarantee you will be waiting.

You have a nicely sorted car. When you look at 2008's with 68k on the clock... you'll be seeing them in the low 30's even upper 20's these days (unfortunate for sellers, great for buyers)! People are also looking at resale in the future for them as well. If someone where to buy this car at 39k now, resale in 3-5 years will be quite dramatic, even with the added mods. Just my two cents. Best of luck with the sale, sir!

Purchasing a stock M similar to mine (condition, mileage, maint, etc) will run low $30s. I agree. But to add mods as mine, that will run an additional $25k when factoring parts and labor. So now we are talking $50k plus. It could be a deal and a half for the right buyer. I also believe there is a niche market for the sedan platform in 6-speed. Being that im not pressed to sell, i'll leave it up for sale for a couple more weeks. If it doesnt sell, ill upgrade the blower to a VT3 or something of that nature and put a smile back on my face.

Or someone can buy it for $38-39k and drive the piss out of it for 1-2 years, then part out, sell car close to stock and ultimately BREAK EVEN after their initial investment. That would basically mean owning a 600+ HP car for two years for the cost of oil changes and gas

Last edited by Eurohorses; 01-08-2016 at 08:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 08:43 AM   #8
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Lets hear some offers.....
      07-14-2015, 12:32 PM   #9
MEM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Pending

Seems like a nice car. I'm on the hunt for a 2011 6mt ZCP with all options, but had the mileage on your car been around 40K, I would have seriously considered this. Someone's going to get a nice car. GLWS!
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2015, 12:37 PM   #10
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM View Post
Seems like a nice car. I'm on the hunt for a 2011 6mt ZCP with all options, but had the mileage on your car been around 40K, I would have seriously considered this. Someone's going to get a nice car. GLWS!
Appreciate the kind words...

To all that may have the same concerns on mileage... the car has been blackstone tested during the SC install as well as last oil change and findings are consistent. No excess particles in oil. As for Maintenance, i have all the records from oil changes to replacement parts and labor. Mileage comes secondary to maintenance. A car can have low mileage but maintainted poorly. Just putting that out there.
      07-20-2015, 12:47 PM   #11
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Bump
Attached Images

07-29-2015, 04:20 PM   #12
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Decided to sell car without the wheels.... price is now $35k....
      07-31-2015, 12:32 PM   #13
nosed_b18b
Registered
Rep
Drives: coming soon...

What kind of wheels are you selling it with?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 11:57 PM   #14
Bomex
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 N55

interior pictures please??
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 06:13 PM   #15
F90_INDIA
Private First Class
India
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, 488 GTB, 981 GT4, JLUR

Hey i am really interested in buying your car.. with the wheels... can you email me ... vrk27@drexel.edu
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #16
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosed_b18b View Post
What kind of wheels are you selling it with?
19" Competition wheels
      08-04-2015, 12:33 PM   #17
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomex View Post
interior pictures please??
PM me with your cell phone number. I can text you as many pics as you need
      08-04-2015, 12:49 PM   #18
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclutchnoballs View Post
Hey i am really interested in buying your car.. with the wheels... can you email me ... vrk27@drexel.edu
Email Sent
      08-14-2015, 11:40 AM   #19
SgtGoldy
SuperFastYo
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 335i TiAg

You wouldn't be interested in my first born for it would you???

Gorgeous M. Just about to get back into the market for a car again and looking at ESS M3. Yours seems to be a strong contender at a ridiculously affordable price. If it doesnt sell by the time I start looking again, we'll be in touch

C63 AMG
- LSD - Straight Pipe - EuroCharge v5 - Vossen CV7 -
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 09:17 AM   #20
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtGoldy View Post
You wouldn't be interested in my first born for it would you???

Gorgeous M. Just about to get back into the market for a car again and looking at ESS M3. Yours seems to be a strong contender at a ridiculously affordable price. If it doesnt sell by the time I start looking again, we'll be in touch
Thanks for the kind words There is a lot of interest witht he car but there are a lot more tire kickers and low ballers than i could imagine. The car is priced for sale, and is still for sale. Please let me know if you need any additional info. I would be willing to eat shipping charges to get it out to the west coast for ya. Let me know.

Interior Pics Added!!!

Last edited by Eurohorses; 08-21-2015 at 09:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 02:20 PM   #21
highmodulus
Two more till my intervention
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E92 White/Black 6mt

Nice E90- alas, you found out the point explained by Jalopnik:

http://jalopnik.com/sorry-folks-modi...s-v-1621595096
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 10:19 AM   #22
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by highmodulus View Post
Nice E90- alas, you found out the point explained by Jalopnik:

http://jalopnik.com/sorry-folks-modi...s-v-1621595096
Thanks for your comment and I agree completely.... This is the reason the car is not priced in the high 40s....

I will drop the the Asking price to 38k though... Let's see what happens.