BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

02-25-2020, 01:24 PM   #23
ryank382
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
but in terms of chassis its massively ahead. The way the diff hooks up, shell stiffness, eagerness on turn in,

S55 sound will soon be solved, a wave of equalized and merged exhausts are about to hit the F8x market over the next few months... they sound fantastic to my ears. Doesn't fix the lack of induction sound (obviously!), but the equalised and merged pulses completely removes the dueling 3 cylinder sound.
totally agree about the chassis, diff and turn in. I feel that way about my f80 as well. And those exhausts do sound better. I also had heard that AA exhaust on instagram before you posted it. Huge improvement but still nowhere near that intoxicating S65 sound I've always dreamed about.

Also in terms of chassis stiffness, and turn in, I feel like those things can be addressed if need be. Just gotta throw a little more money at it lol always wondered how much cages help with that and if you can actually feel a difference. and if its safe for road use lol

Thanks to everyone for the responses, just put my F80 up for sale. while it was a fantastic car, im thinking a modded E92 will give me the soulful character im looking for, like my z4m. Can't wait to find the right one, immediately slap an exhaust on it and hear it scream. After I sell the F80 of course
Appreciate 1
Montaver2068.00