BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

BPM

03-05-2020, 04:59 PM   #23
SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Subbed to see the seat install pics....
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 10:00 AM   #24
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post
Subbed to see the seat install pics....
Should be installing them soon!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 10:11 AM   #25
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep

Picked up the rest of the fox red interior! Right away I needed to do the Leatherique treatment to bring back that matte leather. Turned out great like always.

When doing the split arm rest this happened... Seemed like it was repaired due to the wear. I plan to get it repaired until I can order a new one from BMW.

The big pick up was OEM Performance Carbon Fiber Trim, super rare for the E90. Thanks to acarr6 for selling me the door trims for a really good price! I found the left dash at a BMW dealership, which was brand new sitting on their shelves for all these years. Luckily, I found the right dash used but in very good condition. So happy it worked out in the end!

Appreciate 5
Space Fox1042.00
acarr6407.50
6ixSpd6014.50
      03-20-2020, 12:40 AM   #26
Richneerd
The WEEBM3
Rep
Drives: E90 WEEBM3

Wow so thats how my interior looks like when it's treated lol. Mine looks poopy brown.
      03-20-2020, 08:59 PM   #27
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Great find Tristan!! Where did you end up finding the OEM Performance CF Trim...was that at the dealership?
- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 08:41 AM   #28
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidetailing View Post
Great find Tristan!! Where did you end up finding the OEM Performance CF Trim...was that at the dealership?
There was a guy selling the full e90 set on bmwtn. acarr6 grabbed it before I could but he sold me the door pieces since he doesn't have use for them. He only wanted the dash pieces. So I needed to source them. I found on eBay a bmw dealership selling the left dash brand new. And the right side I sourced off a fb group. So it worked out in the end.

Should mention they are discontinued.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 01:18 PM   #29
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_tristan View Post
There was a guy selling the full e90 set on bmwtn. acarr6 grabbed it before I could but he sold me the door pieces since he doesn't have use for them. He only wanted the dash pieces. So I needed to source them. I found on eBay a bmw dealership selling the left dash brand new. And the right side I sourced off a fb group. So it worked out in the end.

Incredible the goose hunt you went on to source that! Simply incredible story Tristan.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2020, 02:28 PM   #30
acarr6
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Quote:

Incredible the goose hunt you went on to source that! Simply incredible story Tristan.
Hooked the kid up big time on the door pieces hahah. In exchange for using his garage for a free wash
      03-31-2020, 04:12 PM   #31
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep

Since I have so much free time now with this virus going around in the world, decided to tackle the interior.

Got the fox red installed on the rear seats and also the passenger side door panels. Looks soooooo good . Also installed the passenger recaro sportster cs seat. It gave me lots of trouble but in the end, its in there.

Appreciate 1
      03-31-2020, 09:13 PM   #32
SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Since I have so much free time now with this virus going around in the world, decided to tackle the interior.

Got the fox red installed on the rear seats and also the passenger side door panels. Looks soooooo good . Also installed the passenger recaro sportster cs seat. It gave me lots of trouble but in the end, its in there.

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
Looks really nice! Coming together.

I don't want to overstep my place here, but it would be realllly slick to see you get Fox Red installed (from somewhere like AMX) on those CS seats 😍
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2020, 09:42 PM   #33
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Quote:

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

I don't want to overstep my place here, but it would be realllly slick to see you get Fox Red installed (from somewhere like AMX) on those CS seats 😍
Based on the thread history - You can bet on it!

Nice work Tristan
      03-31-2020, 10:33 PM   #34
Studntloan
Studntloan
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS / E30 M3

Looks great! im on the journey to building and bringing my mr back to life as well!
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2020, 01:56 PM   #35
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
Quote:
Quote:

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

Based on the thread history - You can bet on it!

Nice work Tristan
Yup you are are both right! I'll eventually get fox red covers made from AMX. I think this year I'm just going to enjoy them how they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studntloan View Post
Looks great! im on the journey to building and bringing my mr back to life as well!
Thanks! Takes work but it's worth it.
Appreciate 1
SoCalRPM885.50
      04-08-2020, 02:03 PM   #36
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep

All the interior is in!!! Including the Recaro Sportsters, Fox red interior and OEM performance carbon trim So happy how it came out. It totally changes the look of the car.

I have yet to install the armrest. I am thinking of not installing the extended fox red center console and dash until I get my sportsters reupholstered in fox red. This year I just want to enjoy the interior in its current form.

Took the car out of storage this part weekend to break in the interior. The sportsters make you sit so much lower woow. Have to get used to it. My girlfriend tried out the heated part of the sporsters and it worked great, so she is happy haha.

With the sportsters installed, I needed someone to code out my errors. I messaged Alex@Alpine and he took care of it all. Great guy!
Appreciate 4
      04-11-2020, 06:50 PM   #37
M3_Jay
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Car looks great so far! Love the Tasteful mods!
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2020, 10:38 AM   #38
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep

Been really bored at home since COVID-19 so I have been tackling my projects on my M3. This update is long haha.

Next thing I decided to install was my Aeuroplug Euro bumper that I had painted over the winter. Install was easy since I knew what I was doing from installing my headlights. I am very impressed on the fitment and quality by aeuroplug. It fits better than my oem one did . Super happy with the clean look it provides along with the IND gloss black grills.

Now before I sent off my bumper for paint, I researched non stop on how to mount my front lip. Self tappers are a nono and I did not want to use a bolt and nut because that means I could not remove the lip easily, the whole bumper would need to come off. After a lengthy time online, I ended up with these by Allstar Performance. They are basically a nut and bolt that I put on the bumper but is threaded in the middle to accept a bolt! So I used 5 of them along with the oem holes and boom! A super legit and sturdy way of mounting a front lip. Thinking of making a separate post for this discovery and sharing it with the community. After this I got the whole front end ppf'd in XPEL Ultimate to keep the front end looking perfect and re ceramic coated the ppf.

Next, I had RMP installed my rear brembo kit from Slonik that I ordered over the winter. Just like the front, fits perfectly and ties the look together. I also cermaic coated them of course!

Next, was the most exciting thing I have been waiting for. My TE37s . I decided to go with Michelin PS4S tires 275/35 and 285/35. Now thats some meat! After getting them mounted, I placed the stickers and ceramic coated the wheels. Threw them on the car and OMG I am soooo happy with the look, really happy with my purchase. I soon realized the fronts needed more camber to clear the fenders so I pulled the alignment pins and it is perfect now! Also since SLs have no center caps, my buddy GORDON.M3 gave me a tips of these center hub caps that I can use. Picked some up off him, painted them satin black and siliconed them into place. The outcomes is a nice clean look.

With all these mods on I decided to go for a mini photoshoot.

Lastly, I needed to install my lip with my new found method of mounting. Like my hypothesis, it went on amazing and no issues. It really sets off the whole car!

With the car looking for fresh, my key was looking worn out so I bought a new case from Amazon and emblem for ECS.

I can officially say I am done with mods for the year and want to enjoy the car with the upcoming summer months. Rod bearings will be coming soon though haha.
Appreciate 4
      05-11-2020, 10:42 AM   #39
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep

What an update! Nice job Tristan with all the quality mods.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 12:53 PM   #40
Richneerd
The WEEBM3
Rep
Drives: E90 WEEBM3

Welcome to the TE37s club!
      05-11-2020, 08:11 PM   #41
martgsr
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LMB, S2000 Moonrock

Nice ! WHen you'll be bored with those TE37, let me know ... i'm not too far haha
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 02:36 PM   #42
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E90 335d

Looking great! Time for another photo-shoot with the lip on haha
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 08:51 AM   #43
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep

Quote:
What an update! Nice job Tristan with all the quality mods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richneerd View Post
Welcome to the TE37s club!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martgsr View Post
Nice ! WHen you'll be bored with those TE37, let me know ... i'm not too far haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter2090 View Post
Looking great! Time for another photo-shoot with the lip on haha
Thanks everybody!

Rod bearings are up next. Just picked them up
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2020, 10:38 PM   #44
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

The car has come such a long way! Looks awesome.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 1