BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Mporium BMW

12-15-2018, 04:23 PM   #1
Gemcoska
Sleepy Member, wishing I was on the road.
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

More DSC Errors

So I got the DSC, DBC, Start Off assistance, Dynamic Damping Control malfunction error complete with no use of cruise control and continuous turn signal operation.

Note this happened right after I did a AC recharge and Steering fluid flush. When I put the car down,the wheels were at full lock, which i realized was a bad idea but the car was already down. The errors came immediately after this self service.

I took it to the dealer and they said, bad ride height sensor and bad bank 2 throttle actuator. So i had them do the ride height sensor and I replaced both TAs. Errors still present. I bought the carly adapter and cleared the diagnostic codes and they came back as soon as i started driving.

Error codes are:
00278D generator communication
005e49 Wheel Speed Sensor, Back right, which causes a steering angle sensor initialization error
005DE2 Lining wear VA reaches critical coating thickens, pretty sure this is front brake pads are low, easy maintenance
00E18F Central Registry doesn't match the target config
005FF7 CAN Steering Angle: Timeout or invalid

I've read up a ton on possible errors and fixes. But since I already threw $1500 at it between the ride height sensor and the TAs, I wanted to slow down and see if its a battery issue since the battery is 5+years old and the car sits for a week at a time. The car off voltage ranges from 11.5-12.0 volts. A little on the low side. With the car on, battery reads 14.0 volts, so it seems like the alternator and the voltage reg is okay.

How do I figure out what is causing all these issues? I'm pretty sure that one thing is causing all of this since the car was fine before the power steering flush. Maybe fluid got on the alternator? Maybe it got on a sensor? Maybe the battery is low and the entire car's electrical system is unreliable?

Do you guys have any suggestions? BTW, I've done lots of searching, don't think I'm just being lazy

Thanks,
Rob
      03-05-2020, 03:14 AM   #2
mym3adventures
Captain
Rep
Drives: IB E90 M3 Slicktop

Running into the same issue with the DSC, DBC, Start Off assistance, Dynamic Damping Control malfunction error complete with no use of cruise control and continuous turn signal operation.

Did you ever figure out a solution to this? I also replaced and registered my battery, but have not had luck trying to resolve this.
Appreciate 0