BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
gan08
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Fatty X5 and Pot-bellied 135

Good Faith Estimate

I just got a GFE from a banker.
There are prepaid expenses such as "Fire and Hazard insurance" prepaid for 1 year and "Hazard insurance escrow" prepaid for 3 month. The closing date is approx April.

Anyone good at explaining these charges? Aren't they pretty much the same thing?

What if I designate my insurance like AAA to insure the house, does these expenses gets eliminated from the GFE?

TIA.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

it's just an estimate of what they could be... no it's just an estimate not a bill...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
gan08
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Fatty X5 and Pot-bellied 135

but they added toward to the closing cost.. isn't that something I need to pay when closing?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #4
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gan08 View Post
but they added toward to the closing cost.. isn't that something I need to pay when closing?
NO it's just an estimate of what you could incur. some charges have nothing to do with the lender and they don't know what you will be charged but by law have to provide an estimate...

Last edited by mpimping; 02-03-2009 at 07:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #5
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gan08 View Post
I just got a GFE from a banker.
There are prepaid expenses such as "Fire and Hazard insurance" prepaid for 1 year and "Hazard insurance escrow" prepaid for 3 month. The closing date is approx April.

Anyone good at explaining these charges? Aren't they pretty much the same thing?

What if I designate my insurance like AAA to insure the house, does these expenses gets eliminated from the GFE?

TIA.
It exactly what it's named. The gfe will give you a close estimate of what you're looking to see at closing. If you're purchasing a home then most of the time it'll make you pay the hazard paid in full for one year and also collect an 2-3 additional month for a cushion just in case your premium goes up next year the lender has enough to pay out. Depending on when you close for example if you sign your docs on Friday the 6th. The bank with collect interest from the 7th until the end of the month and you're first payment will be due 04/01/09 because interest is paid in the rears. No pun intended! They probably use a basic insurance quote but if you can supply them with your quote they'll use that. All you need to worrie about is points if there is any oh and also ysp which is what the broker is getting back from the lender. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #6
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACSTER View Post
It exactly what it's named. The gfe will give you a close estimate of what you're looking to see at closing. If you're purchasing a home then most of the time it'll make you pay the hazard paid in full for one year and also collect an 2-3 additional month for a cushion just in case your premium goes up next year the lender has enough to pay out. Depending on when you close for example if you sign your docs on Friday the 6th. The bank with collect interest from the 7th until the end of the month and you're first payment will be due 04/01/09 because interest is paid in the rears. No pun intended! They probably use a basic insurance quote but if you can supply them with your quote they'll use that. All you need to worrie about is points if there is any oh and also ysp which is what the broker is getting back from the lender. Hope this helps.
a banker doesn't disclose how much they make only brokers. they can still hit yo at the closing with extra fees. you don't have to escrow but your rate will probably be higher...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #7
LACSTER
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpimping View Post
a banker doesn't disclose how much they make only brokers. they can still hit yo at the closing with extra fees. you don't have to escrow but your rate will probably be higher...
Word! I miss doing loans!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 07:52 PM   #8
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACSTER View Post
Word! I miss doing loans!
no u don't it sucks...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #9
LACSTER
Major General
Rep

Quote:
no u don't it sucks...
You probably wasn't good at
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #10
StrifeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13E92 MCB M3 18 F80M3 Atlantis

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
no u don't it sucks...
not good times

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
After buying the M, I now consider oil companies drug dealers.
Appreciate 0