BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

07-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
Dougeefresh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 JB

Can I use Connected Drive?

I downloaded the BMW app for my android phone and it requires ConnectedDrive account.
I bought mine as used (2011 July prod) and has nav and bluetooth (comp pkg, conv pkg, prem2 pkg).
How does I find out whether I can enroll and how do I do this if eligible?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
jwaggen
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ZCP

I don't know whether you car supports it (does your car have Combox / does BMW CD need BMW Apps), so I'll leave that to other forum members.

As far as the logistics of the PIN:

The car comes with a 4 year subscription, so you should be good to go.

Method A (easiest)
Go into a dealer and update BMW and BMW Assist records with your information. They will ask you to set a pin which you can then use with the app. You should bring in a registration and/or bill of sale as proof of ownership.

I have an Android phone, and for me the only functions that work is sending an address to your car and locating it.

Method B (not successful for me):
Fax proof of ownership to 888-226-9492 (BMW Assist). I did this but got no response, and had to go into the dealer.
      07-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
M3AG
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaggen View Post
I don't know whether you car supports it (does your car have Combox / does BMW CD need BMW Apps), so I'll leave that to other forum members.

As far as the logistics of the PIN:

The car comes with a 4 year subscription, so you should be good to go.

Method A (easiest)
Go into a dealer and update BMW and BMW Assist records with your information. They will ask you to set a pin which you can then use with the app. You should bring in a registration and/or bill of sale as proof of ownership.

I have an Android phone, and for me the only functions that work is sending an address to your car and locating it.

Method B (not successful for me):
Fax proof of ownership to 888-226-9492 (BMW Assist). I did this but got no response, and had to go into the dealer.
+1. You may want to check the Connected Driver and make sure is up to date and look for any services in iDrive. From ConnectedDrive -> BMW Assist -> Service Status -> Update BMW Assist. After update check the available services. If you have MyInfo in the services list go to your local dealer as iwaggen said.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
Dougeefresh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 JB

Thanks much to both of you!
Will check that out when I am back from vacation.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #5
jwaggen
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AG View Post
+1. You may want to check the Connected Driver and make sure is up to date and look for any services in iDrive. From ConnectedDrive -> BMW Assist -> Service Status -> Update BMW Assist. After update check the available services. If you have MyInfo in the services list go to your local dealer as iwaggen said.
Yes I forgot to mention that I updated my idrive to the latest version (dont think connected drive is affected, but bluetooth streaming was).
      07-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
M3AG
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaggen View Post
Yes I forgot to mention that I updated my idrive to the latest version (dont think connected drive is affected, but bluetooth streaming was).
iDrive media update (from USB port) won't change Connected Drive settings. However updating Connected Drive services verifies your account and available services. I would like to know what services are available (free services) after BMW assist expiration date.
Appreciate 0