BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

11-05-2019, 06:01 PM   #1
BrooksTheLaw
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

2012 E92 M3 Amplifier Problem

Recently I was driving and all my speakers went out. I disconnected my phone's bluetooth to see if perhaps it was a phone/bluetooth issue. I have the same problem with audio sources via the AUX cable and AM/FM radio.

I checked all the corresponding fuses and none of them are blown. I have the S752A Individual Audio System.

This has lead me to the back of the car and the Amplifier.

I am curious if anyone has had one of these die and what they did to fix it. It is completely dry and appears undamaged. I tried calling Harman and they told me to talk to BMW as once the device has been produced the issue is out of their hands.

I have found used Amps online for a couple hundred bucks. Does anyone know if these are plug and play or if additional coding is involved?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by BrooksTheLaw; 11-05-2019 at 08:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 10:45 PM   #2
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Very common for amps to fail. They overheat in that tiny compartment and over time degrade and die. Mine started as an intermittent crackling sound over the speaker. Gradually this got worse until i had to replace the amp.
Appreciate 0