BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Canadian Classifieds

EXXEL Distributions

10-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
BigMacSmallFries
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M5C 911 Turbo F430 GT3 RS

WTB: CF Performance M3 Spoiler, mine got stolen at Yorkdale Mall today! Read inside.

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hey guys,

Just wanted all of you to know I parked my car on the 3rd level of Yorkdale mall a few hours ago. When I returned, someone ripped off my carbon fiber performance spoiler, and attempted to steal my carbon fiber Arkym rear diffuser but couldn't because my exhaust tips block it from being removed (my muffler needs to be removed in order for my rear diffuser to be removed). No damage was done at all to my paint.

Anyways, I saw some shady guy waiting in a parked car in the middle of the parking lot, I felt something was off but didn't think anything of it. I have a gut feeling it was him. I think he was just waiting to see a new shopper park their car and steal parts before they return so it would give him adequate time to do so. Apparently car theft is common at Yorkdale mall from what I hear. Anyways, when parking make sure to park very far from any cars waiting inbetween the aisles with suspicious looking males --they're looking for customers who just arrived at the mall and won't be returning to their cars for a while.

Let me know if any of you see an AD pop up on Kijiji/eBay/Craig's List etc for a performance carbon fiber M3 spoiler these next couple of weeks.

ALSO, if anyone knows someone selling that carbon fiber spoiler in the GTA, send me a PM, I'm looking to buy. I'm also interested in an Ericsson Amuse trunk.

Thanks!!

Last edited by BigMacSmallFries; 10-31-2012 at 07:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
gonoyaro11
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Woo

Holy... Thank you for letting me know.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
wow good thing mine was betalinked, that sucker is not coming off. I would recommend it
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
BigMacSmallFries
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
wow good thing mine was betalinked, that sucker is not coming off. I would recommend it
You don't want to betalink any parts on your car. That's when the screwdriver comes out and you have a large repair bill on your hands. They're removable to save you money at the end of the day. BMW dealerships recommend against betalinking spoilers to trunks. Speak to your service advisor.

Oh, and yes... if a thief really wants your spoiler, they will take it no matter how you bond it.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
Nugs181
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 SG E92 M3 ZCP

I just had the M3 performance spoiler installed on my car using 3M double sided tape and that thing isn't going anywhere - however, I can see some d-bag raking it off if he had 20-30 minutes...
sorry to hear about your loss BigMac! I definitely won't be dropping by Yorkdale anytime soon!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 08:58 PM   #6
BigMacSmallFries
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugs181 View Post
I just had the M3 performance spoiler installed on my car using 3M double sided tape and that thing isn't going anywhere - however, I can see some d-bag raking it off if he had 20-30 minutes...
sorry to hear about your loss BigMac! I definitely won't be dropping by Yorkdale anytime soon!
Mine was installed with a heating gun, primer was used, trunk was perfectly clean, and spoiler was completely covered with no gaps underneath with double sided tape. It was bonded in place with pressure for 2 hours. When I asked my girlfriend to push as hard as she could to move the spoiler she couldn't at all. Believe me it takes less than 2 minutes to steal your spoiler with a grown man pushing as hard as he can. There's a lot of leverage with our spoilers because they're so big.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
xliang
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i---->M3

aahhh!! fuking scumbags!!! so many stories like this and police wont do anything.
and people who key others cars are even worse!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 11:13 PM   #8
catch
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

sorry to hear it

someone tried to steal mine last year at promenade mall, instead they cracked it and dented my trunk
yorkdale has cameras in some lots, maybe worth checking. You wont get it back, but just to ease your mind
Appreciate 0