BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
BPM
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-03-2018, 12:48 AM   #23
my_e92_is_blue
First Lieutenant
17
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Washington

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADY1 View Post
They changed the length of the green Injectors so now you need a spacer for the fuel rail. You can order the spacer and screw from ECStuning.com I had my mechanic friend order them for me. Here is a picture of the spacers and screws you will need with the part number on the plastic bag in the picture. Save it and pass it along. Better order it soon before they go on back order again I had to wait a few weeks for this part .
do you just need one for each rail so 2 in total? and thank you! you're a life saver!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 12:51 AM   #24
Properstyle
Major
344
Rep
1,163
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Miramar, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_e92_is_blue View Post
do you just need one for each rail so 2 in total? and thank you! you're a life saver!
You need 4 of them 2 for each rail.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 12:58 AM   #25
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
SHADY1's Avatar
United_States
250
Rep
2,876
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 Jerez Black M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Killeen, Texas

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [4.07]
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
You need 4 of them 2 for each rail.

You are correct
__________________

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 01:01 AM   #26
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
SHADY1's Avatar
United_States
250
Rep
2,876
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 Jerez Black M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Killeen, Texas

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [4.07]
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_e92_is_blue View Post
do you just need one for each rail so 2 in total? and thank you! you're a life saver!
No Problem just look out for a fellow member. and Properstyle answer below is correct. you will need 4 spacers and 4 screws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
You need 4 of them 2 for each rail.
__________________

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 10:58 PM   #27
my_e92_is_blue
First Lieutenant
17
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Washington

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADY1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by my_e92_is_blue View Post
do you just need one for each rail so 2 in total? and thank you! you're a life saver!
No Problem just look out for a fellow member. and Properstyle answer below is correct. you will need 4 spacers and 4 screws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
You need 4 of them 2 for each rail.
okay cool! i should have the kit by thursday so ill let you guys know how it turns out!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 01:23 AM   #28
my_e92_is_blue
First Lieutenant
17
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Washington

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_e92_is_blue View Post
okay cool! i should have the kit by thursday so ill let you guys know how it turns out!
So the seller did in fact send me the green injectors and when I asked him about it, he said he used the stock photo of the kit and did not look at the injectors so he is going to send me a p3 vent gauge to make up for it.

It also did not come with the spacers/bolts that are supposedly needed but they were about $20 so I took all of your guys' word for it and had them ordered up.

I also ordered these and I'm hoping that these are the correct adapters because the seller only included 1/8 of them (not sure why):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Injector-Pn...72.m2749.l2649

They seemed to fit the bill but I won't know until they show up so if anyone could ease my mind until that time, that would be nice.

Other than that, it looks like the kit is all there so once I get some nice weather and the little kibbles and bits show up, I'll try to install it. I think I decided that I am going to go through BPM for the tune after reading some reviews.

I'll keep you guys updated!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 10:41 PM   #29
Properstyle
Major
344
Rep
1,163
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Miramar, FL

iTrader: (0)

You donít need connector adapters dornthe green injectors they are all the same ev1 plug the only adapter you need is the spacer doebthe rail and the longe bolts which you can get from active auto. Iím
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 10:57 PM   #30
O2ShootTheJ
Second Lieutenant
41
Rep
254
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 M3 AW/FR
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: VA

iTrader: (1)

I have the green injectors in my car too. It has one of the first VF650 kits every produced. My tuner told me the same thing about needing spacers IIRC. But he said they were fine to run and actually flowed a bit more as long as they weren't leaking.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 02:35 AM   #31
my_e92_is_blue
First Lieutenant
17
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Washington

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2ShootTheJ View Post
I have the green injectors in my car too. It has one of the first VF650 kits every produced. My tuner told me the same thing about needing spacers IIRC. But he said they were fine to run and actually flowed a bit more as long as they weren't leaking.
A bit more than OEM or a bit more than the "new" black injectors? and who'd you go with for your tune? I'm thinking of BPM but i'm still wondering how it will all pan out.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 09:56 AM   #32
Properstyle
Major
344
Rep
1,163
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Miramar, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_e92_is_blue View Post
A bit more than OEM or a bit more than the "new" black injectors? and who'd you go with for your tune? I'm thinking of BPM but i'm still wondering how it will all pan out.
Have been running a bpm tune for the last 9 months on my ess625 no idsurs and good customer service
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2018, 11:16 AM   #33
O2ShootTheJ
Second Lieutenant
41
Rep
254
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 M3 AW/FR
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: VA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_e92_is_blue View Post
A bit more than OEM or a bit more than the "new" black injectors? and who'd you go with for your tune? I'm thinking of BPM but i'm still wondering how it will all pan out.
I thought he meant a bit more than the black injectors but it was a long time ago and my memory is fuzzy

I went with Frank Smith at TTFS and am very pleased with the tune. He's a good guy too.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 01:51 AM   #34
my_e92_is_blue
First Lieutenant
17
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Washington

iTrader: (0)

Update to the original post with latest injector information on the black with red injectors
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 10:13 PM   #35
Properstyle
Major
344
Rep
1,163
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Miramar, FL

iTrader: (0)

Nice so they are even bigger than the Bosch green.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 01:05 AM   #36
my_e92_is_blue
First Lieutenant
17
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Washington

iTrader: (0)

Updated original post with a part number that I believe matches the injectors that VF uses. Here is a link to them for $70 each vs. the $150 that VF is trying to charge me. I'm all for making money but more than doubling the price...??? C'mon. Hope this helps someone out there.

https://treperformance.com/i-2389351...CABEgLh2vD_BwE
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 10:28 AM   #37
Iyzmi
Major
490
Rep
1,266
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS 625+
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Cold

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_e92_is_blue View Post
Update to the original post with latest injector information on the black with red injectors
Quote:
Originally Posted by my_e92_is_blue View Post
Updated original post with a part number that I believe matches the injectors that VF uses. Here is a link to them for $70 each vs. the $150 that VF is trying to charge me. I'm all for making money but more than doubling the price...??? C'mon. Hope this helps someone out there.

https://treperformance.com/i-2389351...CABEgLh2vD_BwE

This is the part number that came with my ESS 625 kit. It's off by one number from what you posted.

0280158124
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 09:33 PM   #38
my_e92_is_blue
First Lieutenant
17
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Washington

iTrader: (0)

that part number brings up 390cc injectors, that cant be right... right?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 09:49 PM   #39
JsL
Major
United_States
332
Rep
1,053
Posts

Drives: 2011 AW M3 ZCP VF620
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (2)

Just checking... Our limitations is the fuel pump right? Green injectors can already max out the stock fuel pump correct?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 10:55 PM   #40
Iyzmi
Major
490
Rep
1,266
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS 625+
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Cold

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_e92_is_blue View Post
that part number brings up 390cc injectors, that cant be right... right?
Thatís correct, ESS currently runs OEM Ferrari 599 injectors and has run at least two others in the past. Assuming your part number is correct, VF and ESS use different injectors for their 620 kits. Not all that surprising given how frequently ESS has switched around. As long as you have the correct tune, it really shouldnít matter.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 11:07 PM   #41
CornM3
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Hope y’all don’t mind me butting in, but I’m confused, I currently have an evolve 600 kit, I’m trying to upgrade to a smaller pulley 8.5-9 psi and evolve keeps telling me that the blue Bosch injectors will still support the upgrade and with room to go.
But after reading this and other pages all the other kits seem to upgrade the injectors with every level up.
Currently evolve has the 600 and 620 kit so by me using the 8.5-9 psi pulley I’ll essentially be a 650 kit (evolve hasn’t done this personally they said) but still said the blue injectors will still work since they only know one person who has put that pulley on their kit in the US

And I have AFD proflex commander so I want to utilize e85 but that will surely max my injectors I believe
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 01:41 AM   #42
my_e92_is_blue
First Lieutenant
17
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Washington

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornM3 View Post
Hope y’all don’t mind me butting in, but I’m confused, I currently have an evolve 600 kit, I’m trying to upgrade to a smaller pulley 8.5-9 psi and evolve keeps telling me that the blue Bosch injectors will still support the upgrade and with room to go.
But after reading this and other pages all the other kits seem to upgrade the injectors with every level up.
Currently evolve has the 600 and 620 kit so by me using the 8.5-9 psi pulley I’ll essentially be a 650 kit (evolve hasn’t done this personally they said) but still said the blue injectors will still work since they only know one person who has put that pulley on their kit in the US

And I have AFD proflex commander so I want to utilize e85 but that will surely max my injectors I believe
That sounds like it will max them because those seem to be 410cc and on the normal 620 kit without the smaller pulley or e85 (green injectors) , you just barely make the minimum flow rate required and those are bigger than 410cc. I would upgrade if nothing other than peace of mind because you surely don't want to lean out a very expensive s65 im going with the 590cc bosch ones for mine and i plan to run e85 but on the same size pulley.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 10:10 AM   #43
CornM3
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_e92_is_blue View Post
That sounds like it will max them because those seem to be 410cc and on the normal 620 kit without the smaller pulley or e85 (green injectors) , you just barely make the minimum flow rate required and those are bigger than 410cc. I would upgrade if nothing other than peace of mind because you surely don't want to lean out a very expensive s65 im going with the 590cc bosch ones for mine and i plan to run e85 but on the same size pulley.

Yea I think I honestly will just do that just not sure which ones lol maybe those 590cc will be good for my kit and e85, but then ill just need a tune after the smaller pulley and injectors, and I wonder if I would have to use colder plugs or if OEM will still be ok
Oh and fuel delivery been reading, around 600whp we need to upgrade that as well
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 04:23 PM   #44
my_e92_is_blue
First Lieutenant
17
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Washington

iTrader: (0)

It was only about $100 more to go with 1000cc bosch injectors so I ordered those up today. I may run a smaller pulley with the e85 after all.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
black, green, injectors, size, vf620

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:46 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST