BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

06-04-2016, 09:40 PM   #1
DBE
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Good Experience with Evolve Tune / Support

Hey,

I just wanted to give a bit of feedback on a recent experience I had with Evolve

I'd been having a bit of a nightmare with my E92 M3 doing some really random stuff with spluttering / hesitating / throwing codes all over the place. My mechanics couldn't track down the cause but indicated the tune was probably the culprit.

As a result I spent a heap of time with Abdul from Evolve trying to work through the problems with variations on the tune etc trying to work out what had gone wrong. In the end we decided it couldn't be solved and gave up, but I appreciated the effort he put in so I went back to stock where the problem wasn't anywhere near as obvious.

After running the car like this for about 3 months, still getting occasional codes and being way down on power it started having another problem with startup. This time my mechanic diagnosed the battery as being the problem, noticed it was way low on cranking amps and the battery had never been registered.

As a result the mechanic replaced the battery, registered it and ECU cleared faults for me and all of a sudden I had heaps more power and it stopped throwing codes. I was pretty damn happy. So after a week of sweet running I flashed one of the tunes Abdul have given me along the way and low and behold MORE power and still no issues. I'm smiling from ear to ear!

So thanks Abdul and Evolve for your help and patience. No one can say these guys don't make an effort to help out even when they're sure the problem is nothing to do with their product and an evolve tune definitely gives the car a kick in the pants

Appreciate 0