BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

EXXEL Distributions

05-12-2016, 02:04 PM   #1
Rudeman
Cockometer pegged
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 SG M3 6spd

Forgestar and Mod Bargains - questionable customer service

Back in 2010, I purchased a square set of Forgestar F14 wheels through Mod Bargains.

The wheels arrived 6 weeks after they were supposed to show up, but that's not the reason for my complaint.

I used the wheels as my winter set up on my E92 M3, and have since purchased an X5, a much better choice for winter driving, especially set up with Pirelli Sottozero winter 240s (highly recommended).

In any case, I decided to sell the winter setup for the M car (you can view my listing on this site), and wanted to get the actual offsets they used when building the wheels. I contacted Bodbargains on 3 occasions asking for the spec, and they said they'd get back to me. As you might have guessed, they never did.

Due to the complete lack of response from Notbargains, I tried contacting Forgestar directly. The person there said that it was a "closely guarded secret". I then explained to him that I wasn't shopping for wheels, but had already bought wheels (I am a past customer, not a shopper), and that this wasn't even a flush setup, as it was for my winter setup, and square. The "secret" here wasn't something valuable to a wheel shopper anyways.

I quoted him the order number and date, and he said it was no longer in the system as it went back to 2010, and that was before they used their current system, which they started to use in 2011.

Hmmm....

I've worked in smaller companies, and finding archived invoices has been universally easy in all of them, and this included employers I've had back to 1996. For them to say they couldn't look up my invoice electronically was suspect, to say the least. I then said you must have your old paperwork organized chronologically, and proceed to give him the exact date of purchase. This to would take "many days of looking to find".

The guy at Forgestar then had me dig up the wheels, and quote all kinds of numbers off the back of the wheels, none of which he was able to correlate to any kind of spec.

Finally I said, well, how about we just imagine I'm ordering another set. Same car, same tires, same wheels. What would you guys build? His response was that they're "all custom", and then became audibly irritated, and I forced him to take a "best guess" as to what he would build. He finally quoted me a +26, but as this was a guess from someone under duress, I'm reluctant to quote it to anyone.

In any case, I thought you all should know not to expect quality customer service buying Forgestar wheels through NotBargains.

Sorry for the rant,

a.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 08:36 PM   #2
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

It's hilarious they still hide their offsets - as if it's gonna be the deal breaker when shopping for flow formed wheels I don't even think HRE hides their offsets anymore.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 08:53 PM   #3
JuzMe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X4; E92 M3

I bought once from Mod Bargains years ago and they sent me a product that didn't fit. Customer service was horrible! Took ages before finally gotten my money back and that was the only & last time dealing with those idiots
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2016, 10:27 PM   #4
Jack14
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

For the most part i haven't had any issues with them but they did send me the wrong offset wheels once. Didn't realize it until i sold them...
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 10:58 PM   #5
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3 & '23 G05 X5 M50

Yeah I have NO idea why they, or any wheel company, would not disclose the offset if asked... I mean it's not like they're BBS or Volk, who clearly list their offsets.
Appreciate 0