BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-03-2017, 04:02 AM   #45
julienjj
Private
julienjj's Avatar
Canada
27
Rep
79
Posts

Drives: 135i 6MT
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwright View Post
If it is any consolation BMW also doesn't give a shit about Canadian owners.

Between a number of issues those cars have and BMW charging Ferrari prices for repairs it is a ticking financial time-bomb.
We have to force them into extending this to us. I will call tomorrow to inquire about this.... if they don't cover us we will have to put pressure on them. It's absurd that we wouldn't be covered considering our cars are literally US version with DRL enabled via coding.
__________________
2008 AW 135i | M-Sport | 235/255 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | BMW Performance exhaust |BMW Performance electronic steering V2 | JB4 G5 + backend flash | Afe S2 intake | E30 mix | Catless Downpipes | N55 mids | Style 269 wheels | CF trunk Lip |

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 09:49 AM   #46
InsideMan
Private First Class
97
Rep
126
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
i have an '09 135i, according to the site it doesnt qualify... why?
Because you don't have faulty injectors.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 11:16 AM   #47
pimple
Private First Class
United_States
7
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: 335i N54
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Hmm. 2007 335i here. Did DIY spark plug replacement over the holiday as part of regular maintenance and as step 1 in dealing with getting long cranks recently.

2 plugs were wet with fuel--I mean completely drenched! Obviously from 2 faulty, mis-spraying injectors.

And so I replaced 2 fuel injectors with ones I had on hand (09 revision). The ones I pulled were also 09 and were about 4 years old.

Car ran "ok" before, though somewhat sluggishly. Definitely better now, of course.

Interesting timing of this announcement. And yet I have not received this letter. Disappointing. It's a shame that these injectors are not more durable.

Last edited by pimple; 01-04-2017 at 06:33 AM.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 02:27 PM   #48
Influence
Private First Class
44
Rep
149
Posts

Drives: 2017 340i, 2016 X5 35i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NJ

iTrader: (3)

This annoys me

2008 335i here. I had to replace 4 of my six injectors only a few thousand miles after my CPO warranty expired (after 2 were replaced in the original recall back in like 2009/2010 but they left the other 4 alone). After a big fight, I got my local dealership to cover 75% of the total charges (bill was like $3,000) but I still had to foot the other 25%. Why aren't 2007-2009 cars included in this? I think I'll call to chat about this with them. I doubt it will get me anywhere, but maybe if others call we can get them to expand the coverage.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 02:44 PM   #49
Ashish726
Private First Class
Ashish726's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
165
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (0)

Only 2010 and up vehicles?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 04:58 PM   #50
julienjj
Private
julienjj's Avatar
Canada
27
Rep
79
Posts

Drives: 135i 6MT
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
2008 335i here. I had to replace 4 of my six injectors only a few thousand miles after my CPO warranty expired (after 2 were replaced in the original recall back in like 2009/2010 but they left the other 4 alone). After a big fight, I got my local dealership to cover 75% of the total charges (bill was like $3,000) but I still had to foot the other 25%. Why aren't 2007-2009 cars included in this? I think I'll call to chat about this with them. I doubt it will get me anywhere, but maybe if others call we can get them to expand the coverage.
Wanna laugh ? My 2008 135 is on it's 3rd set. The original -05 where replaced with -07, then some -08 and I paid for a set of -12 last summer
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 05:54 PM   #51
secretanchitman
Hero of Time/M5 Fanatic
secretanchitman's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
2008 335i here. I had to replace 4 of my six injectors only a few thousand miles after my CPO warranty expired (after 2 were replaced in the original recall back in like 2009/2010 but they left the other 4 alone). After a big fight, I got my local dealership to cover 75% of the total charges (bill was like $3,000) but I still had to foot the other 25%. Why aren't 2007-2009 cars included in this? I think I'll call to chat about this with them. I doubt it will get me anywhere, but maybe if others call we can get them to expand the coverage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julienjj View Post
Wanna laugh ? My 2008 135 is on it's 3rd set. The original -05 where replaced with -07, then some -08 and I paid for a set of -12 last summer
Just got off the phone with my local dealer and BMW North America. My local dealer said that there is a service bulletin coming for my car at some point in the future but he has no idea when.

BMW NA stated that it's only the HPFP (10 years) and turbos (8 years) that had an extended warranty but nothing specific about the fuel injectors but couldn't be more specific than that since they aren't technicians.

As a side note, they also stated that my car still does not have a replacement airbag but it should be available in the next few months.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i Coupe | Montego Blue | Cream Beige | Gray Poplar | 6-Speed Manual | Sport | Premium | Cold Weather | iDrive | iPod + USB | Comfort Access | Park Distance Control
2015 BMW 550i xDrive Sedan | Carbon Black | Ivory White/Black | Dark Wood | M Sport | Cold Weather | Driver Assistance Plus | Dynamic Handling | Executive | Lighting | Luxury Seating | Enhanced USB/Bluetooth | 4-Zone Climate Control
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2017, 08:01 PM   #52
fatass
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
251
Posts

Drives: none
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: bay area

iTrader: (2)

Interesting that this showed up on front page. The recall has been an active program from BMW for some time now (research a few threads and you'll see mentions of it). 2007-2009 vehicles had a completely separate recall early on for the fuel injectors that aren't covered by this particular program. Sucks that BMW didn't encompass all e9x models and are specifying by year even though I think the injector is the faulty part and should be applicable across all models.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 10:30 PM   #53
misterjim
Private First Class
23
Rep
166
Posts

Drives: 2008 e93 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatass View Post
Interesting that this showed up on front page. The recall has been an active program from BMW for some time now (research a few threads and you'll see mentions of it). 2007-2009 vehicles had a completely separate recall early on for the fuel injectors that aren't covered by this particular program. Sucks that BMW didn't encompass all e9x models and are specifying by year even though I think the injector is the faulty part and should be applicable across all models.
I have a 2008 n54 - I wonder which injectors I have? Did the earlier recall replace them with solenoid type?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 12:09 AM   #54
335dM
Major
25
Rep
1,281
Posts

Drives: 335d m package
Join Date: May 2011
Location: montreal

iTrader: (0)

Anything on m57's ?
335d
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 12:18 AM   #55
Julian2485
Major
80
Rep
1,223
Posts

Drives: Black lci e90 335 xdrive
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New york

iTrader: (1)

I have a 2009 335xi and 3 of my injectors went bad and I'm not covered under the program either I'm going to call na in the morning
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 02:06 AM   #56
mwa12E93
New Member
6
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: Alpine White E93
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: East Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
N54, N63 and S63. Basically 2010 model year vehicles that utilize the same injector. This is not new news, the warranty extension came out a while back.
I got the letter a few days ago w/ my VIN. 2012 N54 335is. Getting the dealer to say the injectors are duff is going to be the trick. Fired it up Sunday after approx 10 days off & it took 15-20 seconds to fire, ran rough & smelled gassy. Na, you don't have bad injectors.

They sent me a letter saying my injectors needed to be replaced. I made an appointment & took it in where it got the "fresh air & sunshine" treatment. They then called and said what I really need is a computer flash, not injectors, we'll get that letter to you Real Soon Now.

Last edited by mwa12E93; 01-04-2017 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Added 2nd letter
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 02:41 AM   #57
driving_impaired
Private First Class
driving_impaired's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: '11 135
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
If you all go to the link and put your last 7 VIN in it will tell you whether you qualify or not regardless if you got the letter. Someone posted this on our local BMW facebook group and unfortunately my 08 335 (which has long since been sold) does not qualify but I do have my receipts showing all 6 being replaced by my shop for $1400... so hopefully at some point they extend it back a few model years though I won't hold my breath.

Someone posted it's for MY 10+ which appears to be accurate since no one with the older model n54s qualify.
__________________
DD & A/Xer - '11 135i w/ DCT
Garage Queen - '03 e39 540 M sport Touring (The unicorn )
Toy - '97 e36 328is rallycross car
RIP- '15 Abarth :: '08 e92 335 :: '02 e39 Touring
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 11:43 AM   #58
Julian2485
Major
80
Rep
1,223
Posts

Drives: Black lci e90 335 xdrive
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New york

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_impaired View Post
If you all go to the link and put your last 7 VIN in it will tell you whether you qualify or not regardless if you got the letter. Someone posted this on our local BMW facebook group and unfortunately my 08 335 (which has long since been sold) does not qualify but I do have my receipts showing all 6 being replaced by my shop for $1400... so hopefully at some point they extend it back a few model years though I won't hold my breath.

Someone posted it's for MY 10+ which appears to be accurate since no one with the older model n54s qualify.
I called BMW Na because my 2009 didn't qualify which doesn't make any sense at all. They told me to go to my local BMW have them check to see if my third party mechanic did it right and they will determine if I should get reimbursed. I'll let you guys know how it goes
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 02:08 PM   #59
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
88
Rep
468
Posts

Drives: Estoril Blue
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

This is why BMW is better than Audi in my books. Audi would have waited until 90% of the cars affected are off the road even though customers complain like crazy. BMW has taken a pro active approach while many of the cars are still on the road. I loved driving my Audis but there customer service really suck the last 5-7 years. The sales increases are getting to their head.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone7923.00

      01-04-2017, 02:48 PM   #60
BMWMusician
Second Lieutenant
17
Rep
241
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Let me see if I understand this correctly... It's extended warranty for 10yrs/120k on N54 engines and/or reimbursement if you have recently had them replaced with genuine BMW parts?

So let me ask, would a 08 335i under 120k miles be covered in this scenario? Or is it a certain year and up?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 02:56 PM   #61
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
169
Rep
1,987
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Oh crap, got excited reading the OP and then, is it true this 'reimbursement' is only limited to the US? The HPFP thing was covered in Canada, why not this one?

Last edited by tranquility; 01-04-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 03:23 PM   #62
440xiGCMsport
Lieutenant
88
Rep
468
Posts

Drives: Estoril Blue
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility
Oh crap, got excited reading the OP and then, is it true this 'reimbursement' is only limited to the US? The HPFP thing was covered in Canada, why not this one?
BMW of Canada is slow AF. Willing to bet you only a matter of time. BMW head office should can the Canadian executives unless they get their shit together.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 03:39 PM   #63
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
169
Rep
1,987
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440xiGCMsport View Post
BMW of Canada is slow AF. Willing to bet you only a matter of time. BMW head office should can the Canadian executives unless they get their shit together.
Hope you're right. I assume that this applies to my car?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 05:54 PM   #64
ouengineer
Private First Class
85
Rep
173
Posts

Drives: 2015 335xi, 97 Silvia
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
Gotta take care of the biggest car market...not so much for everyone else though
Probably litigation that forced them to. No company ever just offers something like this (especially the re-imbursement part). The market size is irrelevant. Someone got pissed that injectors were failing like crazy and filed a class action suit. Probably never would have happened if they weren't so expensive to replace.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 11:02 PM   #65
MilehighM3
Colonel
MilehighM3's Avatar
279
Rep
2,937
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado Springs

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwa12E93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehighM3 View Post
N54, N63 and S63. Basically 2010 model year vehicles that utilize the same injector. This is not new news, the warranty extension came out a while back.
I got the letter a few days ago w/ my VIN. 2012 N54 335is. Getting the dealer to say the injectors are duff is going to be the trick. Fired it up Sunday after approx 10 days off & it took 15-20 seconds to fire, ran rough & smelled gassy. Na, you don't have bad injectors.

They sent me a letter saying my injectors needed to be replaced. I made an appointment & took it in where it got the "fresh air & sunshine" treatment. They then called and said what I really need is a computer flash, not injectors, we'll get that letter to you Real Soon Now.
The letter informs you that there's an extended warranty on the fuel injectors, not to tell you to come have them replaced. In the event of a failure they're covered, but not until that point. If it's not broken, there's no need to fix it.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #66
fatass
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
251
Posts

Drives: none
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: bay area

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjim View Post
I have a 2008 n54 - I wonder which injectors I have? Did the earlier recall replace them with solenoid type?

It went off a revision number, don't think it switched to a different type. If you had your 2008 since 2010 and ever brought it in for maintenance/warranty work they should have checked it if it was under the recall. BMW can tell you for sure if you have them look up the records of your visit.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:03 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST