BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW
View Poll Results: What are your opinions of these two brands
Very high quality, Sounds great, good price - I'm very interested 16 32.65%
A good competitor, I would consider them 12 24.49%
Impartial. Doesn't wow me, but nothing wrong with it. 9 18.37%
I think there are better choices out there, wouldn't recommend them 4 8.16%
I have a very negative view of these brands - stay away! (Please state below) 8 16.33%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

03-12-2009, 01:04 PM   #23
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

I met the owner of GThaus last week for a small dinner. We shook hands and put the past behind us.
      03-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #24
Meisterschaft
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
I met the owner of GThaus last week for a small dinner. We shook hands and put the past behind us.
Yes we did. Thank you for joining up on this conversation, Nate.

This is Rob at GTHAUS. As you can see in here, this is the reality and outcome of Hit parade:
Defamatory allegations, misleading information, slanderous comments and statements on a company and private profile in public.

Fact is, we have taken care of all customers who were involved appropriately up to satisfaction;
No customers were left behind. you guys knew this since you got the full refunds from our company
immediately after the incident.

However, even now we still have to deal with all negative and unnecessary attacks from people
who have no-relations about this incident or don’t even know what happened, affecting negatively on
enthusiasts and potential customers who have never dealt with us or purchased anything from us before.
even the fact that we have been appropriately apologizing and taking care of customers since the day one,
and even after mission is executed and completed few months after, we were still ground pounded.

Now, yes we are willing to put the past behind. But it is your turn now.
As we have agreed, some of the confusions mixed in here got something to do with actions taken on your side.

Let’s end this here. Own up,

then let's move on. We are ready.

Note for IND: We have contacted IND multiple times past few days and left msgs,
But we have not heard back from you. Pls call us when you get a chance.

Last edited by Meisterschaft; 03-12-2009 at 02:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 02:26 PM   #25
panbo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 6mt

i was skeptical about Meisterschaft because of all the shady things said around the forums. however, the quality of the welding and the pitch of the exhaust made me purchase their product. i also liked how i had an option of putting SR-pipes so that i dont have to cut anything. i'm not going to speak or comment for the products that i havent heard/seen in person. to me, Meisterschaft brings the sound i've expected. from experience, i have nothing negative to say about the product or the vendor. i think GTHaus should get 2nd chance.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 02:48 PM   #26
tszene
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittivan View Post
I was in the market for a great sounding exhaust and it came down to two different makes, the Meisterschaft GT1 and the Eisenmann Race. I always do an extensive research on purchases in that price range so I knew almost everything about both products. I am also lucky enough to live in Chicago where both GThaus and IND are located.

I have to admit, after reading everything I read about GThaus and Meisterschaft I was leaning more torwards the Eisenmann. IND had great customer service and always replied to my questions very quickly. They never once pressured me to buy their product, they gave me great price quotes plus free installation. When I asked them what seperates them from Meisterschaft, they never once said anything bad about the product, they just stated what differentiated themselves from most of the exhaust products out on the market. However, I favored the sound of the Meisterschaft more.

I have to admit, after reading all the negative comments about Meisterschaft I really needed some type of assurance from somone who actually owned the product who could tell me how well it has held up and how they liked it before I even considered to set foot into GThaus. I PM'd a few guys who had the Meisterschaft on their cars and they all had nothing but great things to say about their exhaust. This gave me the motivation to go further and check out GThaus in person.

I went over to GThaus to check out the exhaust in person. The guy at GThaus actually opened up an already packaged Meisterschaft GT1 and pulled it out for me. He pointed out the quality of the welding, material, tips, and even pulled out the SR connecting pipes which would make the system a complete bolt on system. The guys there seemed very down to earth and good guys in general. I saw nothing that resembled "shady" during my visit to GThaus.

GThaus quoted me a price that I felt was great so I decided to go with them. Again, the guys at GThaus never once pressured me to purchase their product and never once did they say anything bad about their competition. They just showed me their product and gave me a price for it.

The next week I brought my E93 in and they installed it. I actually watched them install it in person. They didn't have to cut the cross bar that is on the E93's in order to fit the SR pipes on which was one of my concerns. It truely was a genuine bolt on system.

My other concern was how loud it was going to sound and the amount of drone there would be in the car. I gotta tell you, the first time they started up my car with the Meisterschaft on, it gave me goosebumps. It sounded sexy as all hell! It was not too loud at all. When I took it around the block, there was little to no drone and any drone there was, was a great sounding drone. It was the perfect amount of tone for the car.

The guys over at GThaus was always very professional and seemed to take pride in what they did. They were very down to earth and even invited me to sit down and eat pizza with them. My experience with GThaus was a great one. I'm very satisfied with their product, their customer service, and their follow up (they have called me a number of times to see how I liked it).

They may have a bad reputation in the past but my experience with them has been great. I am not sure of the whole story of about what happend with the company or if what they did was unethical or not but I always believe that there are two sides to any story. I gave GThaus a chance to prove themselves to me and they passed with flying colors.

The botom line is, I am completely satisfied with the Meisterschaft and I would recomend it to anyone who is in the market for an exhaust. You selling these products would not hinder any business you would get from me. There are a handfull of mods I am going to be getting from you very soon!
Hi everyone,

I purchased the Meistershaft Gt last June, unaware of the contraversy surrounding the company. I also used a middleman to get the product and take care of te installation.
As far as the quality, no dissapointments there, and it sounds amazing.
Great fit and truly amazing sound.
I can only side with a previous poster by saying that there's two sides to every story.

This is actually my exhaust:

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #27
hansaysso
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC, 93 RX7 FD3S

I joined this forum after the GT Haus scandal with eisenmann, and if i had known it may have made me reconsider buying any products from them (i bought a Meistershaft GT)
However, after speaking with them on the phone, their customer service is no where near as bad as some companies (any of you try and contact KW before....yea) and the shipping was actually quick. after receiving the exhaust, i went ahead and checked the welds/materials because i've received products before that were labeled as "FULL TITANIUM" and it turns out only a portion of it is. the welds are spot on, and the material quality seems to be what they listed on their website. for the product and sound of the exhaust, i really can't argue with it, because for me the quality and sound was exactly what i was expecting. HOWEVER i'm big on reputation / mutual respect, and will not be purchasing or recommending GT Haus products, because there is no way a business that has been or is that corrupt at one point or another change it's ideals and way of working in just over a year

Last edited by hansaysso; 03-12-2009 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: eh...
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 01:03 PM   #28
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

Thanks for your inputs, guys.

My thoughts were that the Meisterschaft is a high quality line and that customers would consider it if it were marketed as Meisterschaft, and nothing else, based exclusively on the product quality (Which would be paired with OUR customer service). What are your thoughts on the quality of the product, those of you who have it?

Thanks for educating me guys this has been very helpful!
JL
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #29
maaicher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternityE39 View Post
I've actually been in the aftermarket automotive industry since the mid 90's and am active on the Mfest boards so please don't think I'm a newb due to my low post count. I've had experience w/ owning a E36 and E39 and currently am in the market for a E60, so yes I am a Bimmer enthusiast. I had the Eisenmann on my E39 and it was a great exhaust, so please don't think I am biased in any way.

I've never owned a Meisterschaft unit, but I've installed many and driven various cars with the units. It is a great product regardless of any previous "instances". There is a long story to the issues which I don't feel I am at liberty to disclose, but if I'm not mistaken, there should be a resolution coming soon. Out of all my clients that have ran the Meisterschaft units, I've personally never had a complaint. Many of the Meisterschaft owners have actually repurchased the unit for their newer vehicles even after the fiasco w/ Eisenmann. I will post a install that I recently did with the E92 M3 with a GT unit and SR connecting pipe. Great tone and you do feel a gain in torque and HP. Meisterschaft is a top notch quality product and I definetly give Meisterschaft a stamp of approval.

I've personally had the Kreissig Valvetronic unit on my Murcielago and it is a very impressive piece. With the valves closed, the sound is subdued and you don't have to worry about waking up the neighbors coming home later in the evening. You do definitely feel a loss in horsepower with the valve open vs closed, but it is still a positive gain over stock - even in the closed position. When the Valve is open, it sounds beastly. A nice low pitched growl, but the best is at open throttle. It released a beautiful high pitched whine that makes you feel as if you were at the actual F1 races. I've had the unit on for 3 years now and no complaints. Highly recommended. (fyi, I also added the Kreissig secondary cat replacements in addition to the exhaust.)

Just my 2 cents - I hope this helps...
lol, thanks for using my car for all these vids and pics, can u send them to my email as well i would like to have them, im sure you know who this is
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #30
maaicher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

I love the exhaust, it just seems to liven up the whole powerband. Sound is second to none with a slight drone on idle but that is all, i was very impressed with the unit over all and would not consider another exhaust imo. Like EternityE39 has stated i do not feel it is my place to tell the story of the whole eisenmann scandal however i have heard that there will be some sort of new statement released clearing up the whole mess.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2009, 12:27 AM   #31
tim3less
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 STi

Meisterschaft exhaust sounds REALLY aggressive...but..i still wouldn't consider it.

I heard Kreisseig is a reputable company in Japan. I would definitely take a look at their exhausts.