BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

Mporium BMW

05-16-2018, 12:54 PM   #1
s14_kev
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E30 M3

Positive dealership experience - Stevens Creek BMW

I just wanted to share my *positive* dealership experience with Stevens Creek BMW. Full disclosure, I prefer going to indy shops and only take my car to the dealership if it is under warranty or recall.

I took my 2008 M3 to Stevens Creek BMW after my fan blower motor stopped working. The dash controls all worked fine and I could hear the vents opening/closing when changing the settings. It turned out to be the HVAC Blower Safety Recall issue (see https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1004338)

When I initially called them, they were able to get me in the next day for an inspection. I was told over the phone that they only had 2 of the 3 required parts for the recall, but in some cases the 3rd part is not needed. They would be able to tell what my car needed after the initial inspection. I brought the car in last Thursday 5/10/18 and was told I would hear back from my SA (Ken Evan) by the end of the day. Surely enough, he called in the afternoon and let me know that they would need to order the 3rd part for my car and that they would put me in a rental through Enterprise until the part got there. He suggested I do this rather than pick up my car and bring it back because BMW would be paying for the rental and that could speed up the process. I have heard reports of it taking 60-90 days for some people to get the parts in, so I was hesitant but Ken told me that they could probably get the part in by the following week. I got a ride to the dealership and approved the part/repairs/rental car. Enterprise picked me up and I was on my way.

Honestly, when I heard Enterprise I was expecting to be put into a compact Ford or Chevy, but to my surprise I was put into a 2015 X3 at BMWs expense, so I was feeling pretty lucky. The gentleman at the counter at Enterprise was telling me how they just had another customer come in for a rental car for the HVAC Blower recall and he had his rental for 90 days, so I was again a bit worried I would be on the hook a lot longer. The X3 was pretty nice and I had unlimited miles so I took it for a weekend trip with my wife (Mother's Day weekend). It was comfortable and quiet.

On Friday, I received a text from my SA that the parts would be in early the following week, but I wasn't going to hold my breath that this was true. Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from Ken that my car was ready to be picked up today in the morning!

I can honestly say that this was the best dealership experience I've had to date. Great communication, did not over promise / under deliver, Ken is a really nice guy and would recommend him to anyone. If you haven't had the HVAC Blower Recall taken care of yet, now might be a good time to do so before they get the parts in and the lines are out the door.

05-16-2018, 01:14 PM   #2
Inluvwithastr1pper
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Good to hear something positive coming out from a BMW dealership.

Avoid Weatherford BMW like the plague even though its 5 mins away from me. I catch their techs reving the crap out of cars they are road testing.
Appreciate 2
s14_kev367.00
Tewie197.50
      05-16-2018, 04:21 PM   #3
MPower7
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' e92 M3

I have an appointment next week. Did they elaborate on the third part required? The SA said that they will not know if it is needed until an inspection is completed.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 04:45 PM   #4
MattM3SVT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3

Just called to make an appointment myself as well. Glad to hear you had a good experience!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 04:49 PM   #5
s14_kev
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower7 View Post
I have an appointment next week. Did they elaborate on the third part required? The SA said that they will not know if it is needed until an inspection is completed.
Don't quote me on this.

I believe the two parts they have in stock are:
61-11-8-716-083 Replacement Cable Heater
64-11-9-483-928 Blower Regulator

The third part is what Ken referred to as the "Resistor Block" which had to be ordered from BMW:
64-11-6-923-204 Blower Motor Resistor

Yes, my SA said the same. Is your fan working still or not?
      05-16-2018, 05:00 PM   #6
MPower7
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin///mlee View Post
Don't quote me on this.

I believe the two parts they have in stock are:
61-11-8-716-083 Replacement Cable Heater
64-11-9-483-928 Blower Regulator

The third part is what Ken referred to as the "Resistor Block" which had to be ordered from BMW:
64-11-6-923-204 Blower Motor Resistor

Yes, my SA said the same. Is your fan working still or not?
The fan is working just fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 09:08 PM   #7
TTony
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Macan Turbo, IS350

At SC BMW, I had a very negative experience with a recall on my E60 M5. Called and after giving my VIN I was told my car needed to be brought in for a warranty issue regarding passenger seat airbag sensor. Waited in line for over an hour in the morning (they literally scheduled 30+ people to bring their cars in first thing in the morning...) then after checking the car in I was told my car did not qualify for the recall. Not a good experience, they were pretty rude as well due to the rush as well. I stay away as they are also very expensive on parts.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 04:42 PM   #8
M3LINIS
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

When I went in for my recall at SC, the service advisor wasn’t very friendly. I did get a loaner (2018 330) which was nice. But when I came back to drop off the loaner and pick up my car, all the service guys watched me drive in and they all went inside the building. No one greeted me or directed me where to go or where I could find my service advisor. I had to walk around to the different service desks and finally found my advisor. Maybe everyone there was just having a bad day. The person helping me with the loaner was great btw.
Appreciate 1
s14_kev367.00