BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

10-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #199
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy2 View Post
"More than you can afford, pal. Ferrari."
<F&F>

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 12:53 AM   #200
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCM3 View Post
Well I guess if it's one month developing each system it's worth $5,700. i just wouldn't believe there would be a market for these when there are Akra, Eisenmann, etc, that sound good in their own right and are a couple thousand cheaper.
Would hardly call Akra cheaper...besides this is option for those who want to be able to switch between different set ups. Not really comparable to any other non-valved options.
      10-18-2010, 03:11 AM   #201
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM_Challenge View Post
Kreissieg is a low volume specialty exhaust company in Japan. They spend about 1 month developing each system tweaking the mufflers, baffles, matterial thicknesses to get just the right sound. Their valve system is probably one of the best on the market. all this on top of the stellar craftsmanship make it worth the money
Being "worth" the money is highly relative. What I can say is that even despite their low volume of product their profit margin on each of these puppies is absolutely enormous. No matter how you slice it I call these over priced. Like most M3 parts - you pay the "M tax".
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #202
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droo View Post
Any vendors in socal that can give me a price with install please?
Shoot me a pm or email and we can get you in touch with one of our KSG dealers out west that can arrange install for you. Your PM function looks like it isnt open yet.

Thanks,

Greg

greg@gtmotoring.com
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 10:53 AM   #203
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Being "worth" the money is highly relative. What I can say is that even despite their low volume of product their profit margin on each of these puppies is absolutely enormous. No matter how you slice it I call these over priced. Like most M3 parts - you pay the "M tax".
Actually the M3 system is one of their cheaper systems BTW. With the overhead that Kreissieg has with a huge facility in the heart of Yokohama Japan and the curent VERY poor USD to yen conversion rate, and limited production the price is unfortunately expensive. Each exhaust is made to spec for each customer based on the sound level they want in the 2 modes. It is a very well made and unique system for a clientel that has a specific need/want for the sound level changing functions. Each one is made per customer spec.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #204
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Actually the M3 system is one of their cheaper systems BTW. With the overhead that Kreissieg has with a huge facility in the heart of Yokohama Japan and the curent VERY poor USD to yen conversion rate, and limited production the price is unfortunately expensive. Each exhaust is made to spec for each customer based on the sound level they want in the 2 modes. It is a very well made and unique system for a clientel that has a specific need/want for the sound level changing functions. Each one is made per customer spec.
Certainly the dollar to yen rate is making Japanese parts more expensive than usual. However, this so called "customization" is going to be a trivial part of the maufacturing cost, effort, time, etc. It probably amounts to the size or angle of one part or perhaps some hole sizes/spacing in some internal component. You make it sound like it is a custom tailored suit, which it ain't.

Of course that being said I absolutely love the concept and execution.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 11:23 PM   #205
Epacy2
Major
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Certainly the dollar to yen rate is making Japanese parts more expensive than usual. However, this so called "customization" is going to be a trivial part of the maufacturing cost, effort, time, etc. It probably amounts to the size or angle of one part or perhaps some hole sizes/spacing in some internal component. You make it sound like it is a custom tailored suit, which it ain't.

Of course that being said I absolutely love the concept and execution.
Don't hate. You know you want.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 09:10 AM   #206
gasterus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M6

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but there is another supplier called innotech exhaust that makes valvetronic exhaust for BMW M and Porsche cars. I have installed their exhaust on my M3 and is pretty satisfied with their product. I think Meisterschaft also came up with a valvetronic exhaust for the E9x M3.
07 M6 blk/blk, Racing Dynamics RS58 stroker with custom ECU tune, Primary cat bypassed+Akrapovic Evolution exhaust, BMC air filters, RPI air scoops, H&R springs, Dinan FRC & rear sway bar, 20" AC Schnitzer V

08 E92 M3 sparkling graphite/red, Competition pack, Innotech exhaust
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #207
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasterus View Post
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but there is another supplier called innotech exhaust that makes valvetronic exhaust for BMW M and Porsche cars. I have installed their exhaust on my M3 and is pretty satisfied with their product. I think Meisterschaft also came up with a valvetronic exhaust for the E9x M3.

Never heard of innotech, so dont know what they use.

I know the meistershaft one is an electronic valve, not vacuum valve based system. The electronic valves tend to not be very reliable over time. I know their systems are made in Korea as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 07:17 PM   #208
gasterus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Never heard of innotech, so dont know what they use.

I know the meistershaft one is an electronic valve, not vacuum valve based system. The electronic valves tend to not be very reliable over time. I know their systems are made in Korea as well.
Innotech is an exhaust company based in Taiwan. They uses vacum control valve, i have their exhaust on my car about a week, so i could not comment on reliability issues. But love the sound, and really appreciate the option that enable to switch between agressive sound or stock mode.
07 M6 blk/blk, Racing Dynamics RS58 stroker with custom ECU tune, Primary cat bypassed+Akrapovic Evolution exhaust, BMC air filters, RPI air scoops, H&R springs, Dinan FRC & rear sway bar, 20" AC Schnitzer V

08 E92 M3 sparkling graphite/red, Competition pack, Innotech exhaust
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 03:56 AM   #209
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy2 View Post
Don't hate. You know you want.
Ha. Definitely not hating - it is a killer set up. I am really happy though with my $1600 used Vorsteiner. That left me a HUGE chunk of change...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #210
Epacy2
Major
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Ha. Definitely not hating - it is a killer set up. I am really happy though with my $1600 used Vorsteiner. That left me a HUGE chunk of change...
Ahh, didn't know you got that.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 10:11 PM   #211
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Quote:
Maybe as a vendor you can't say certain things, but let's not forget how the Meistershaft(GThaus) valved exhaust was made. Kreissieg shouldn't even be mentioned alongside again with that brand.