BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-24-2019, 05:11 PM   #23
crazydrummer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by commedeschatons View Post
Well I didn't pay for the warranty so idc too much, and this warranty is very good to deal with regarding claims.
I really didn’t mean it as a shot at you at all! I would’ve killed for my e90 to have come with that same warranty. More so just to the people who think they HAVE to have a warranty in order to own one of these cars
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2019, 06:01 PM   #24
commedeschatons
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 335d, '03 Jetta Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydrummer View Post
I really didn’t mean it as a shot at you at all! I would’ve killed for my e90 to have come with that same warranty. More so just to the people who think they HAVE to have a warranty in order to own one of these cars
youre good man. You don't HAVE to have a warranty but its good to have your ass covered to defuse all of the timebombs.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 06:23 PM   #25
commedeschatons
Second Lieutenant
Rep

?

Last edited by commedeschatons; 03-25-2019 at 04:18 PM..
Appreciate 1
jdamore432.50
      03-25-2019, 02:02 PM   #26
AK435
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Just thinking about this thread and details of the repairs. I've heard manufacturers sometimes look at these sites, and I don't think it would be far off to believe warranty companies do too.

I may be paranoid, but I would think if warranty companies (like Carmax) got wind of this, in this much detail, they may adjust their policies and/or increase rates for our cars. I have an extended warranty on mine (not Carmax), and haven't had to make any claims yet. It was difficult to get a policy with good coverage and a relatively good price. I'm all for getting money out of a warranty, and I may be paranoid about it, but it doesn't seem like the best idea to boast about it publicly either (specifically RB's). I know about the Doug DeMuro thing, and the threads speculating the coverage changes based on the attention he brought to Carmax. It's not my intention to disrupt the OP or thread, just my 2 Canadian cents.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 02:21 PM   #27
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK435 View Post
Just thinking about this thread and details of the repairs. I've heard manufacturers sometimes look at these sites, and I don't think it would be far off to believe warranty companies do too.

I may be paranoid, but I would think if warranty companies (like Carmax) got wind of this, in this much detail, they may adjust their policies and/or increase rates for our cars. I have an extended warranty on mine (not Carmax), and haven't had to make any claims yet. It was difficult to get a policy with good coverage and a relatively good price. I'm all for getting money out of a warranty, and I may be paranoid about it, but it doesn't seem like the best idea to boast about it publicly either (specifically RB's). I know about the Doug DeMuro thing, and the threads speculating the coverage changes based on the attention he brought to Carmax. It's not my intention to disrupt the OP or thread, just my 2 Canadian cents.
Well what's that worth nowadays? About 2 Pesos?

But for real. I don't think a lot of warranty companies even offer warranties for the E9x M3 currently. And I have no doubt that some of what you say holds some weight. That and the bean counters going over the claims they've seen.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 03:51 PM   #28
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

warranty on e92 m3 now gonna cost $15k lol
      03-25-2019, 04:05 PM   #29
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:

Youre not paranoid, You have a moral compass. I made this post 14 years ago when I owned an RX-8. I wish I could say the level of doughbaggery was a function of age but I was 29. Needless to say, back then his response angered me, I "got it" shortely after. Funny how the words of one random person on a forum can do that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 04:22 PM   #30
commedeschatons
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

noted.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 07:02 PM   #31
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerBlueSkies View Post
Youre not paranoid, You have a moral compass. I made this post 14 years ago when I owned an RX-8. I wish I could say the level of doughbaggery was a function of age but I was 29. Needless to say, back then his response angered me, I "got it" shortely after. Funny how the words of one random person on a forum can do that.
This post gave me warm feelings. Personal growth is a beautiful thing, and it is amazing how some small piece of all of the forum "data" can be an eye opener for us.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 07:42 PM   #32
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Ultimately though it isn't up to OP what type of repairs get completed on his vehicles, it's the authorized repair provider who are in charge of attempting to get authorization for the repair or denying the claim. These warranty companies grade their asp's on average cost of repair as well as number of denials. They'll never admit anymore since Some big companies got sued a few years ago but they used to encourage denials. Not saying what he's trying to do isn't unprincipled also I'd be concerned about a shop who is milking a warranty company this bad. If they're willing to bite the hand that feeds them who knows what other advantages they could be taking.