BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

06-24-2008, 05:17 AM   #23
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
That borderlines on imperialism/xenophobia...

What made UK auto journalists so superior to all others?

The point I was making is that all the UK reviews are pretty consistent, not a case of one loving it and the other hating it. Even when they produce test figures the result stay consistent.

Would I say the UK journalists are superior, yes but only because they look at things more objectively ............. oh yeah, and they are consistent with their comments.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 05:32 AM   #24
Wads
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 & Tuned Focus ST

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
The point I was making is that all the UK reviews are pretty consistent, not a case of one loving it and the other hating it. Even when they produce test figures the result stay consistent.

Would I say the UK journalists are superior, yes but only because they look at things more objectively ............. oh yeah, and they are consistent with their comments.
It still doesn't stop the respected magazines (EVO Autocar etc.) mixing up 0-60mph and 0-62mph times in their tests...... just a pet hate of mine (and yes I need to get a life) but one minute they'll test a car to 62mph and in their conclusions and database record the same number as a 0-60mph time

The same run in something like an Audi TT could give you 0-60 or 6.6sec and a 0-62 time of 7.1sec......
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 08:13 AM   #25
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Nice contrast to the schlock from C&D. I don't think that fellow really drove the car much.
+1

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #26
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post

Doesnt what your saying imply all UK journalists are like minded with no individuality between them? JK.... but seriously, variety is the spice of life...

Jason
      06-24-2008, 11:07 PM   #27
E394KEN
M3//4KEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 & E90 335i (Woosh!)

Hey atleast you guys have the better car show. No disrespect to Motor Week, been watching since the 80's but its just rubbish compared to Top Gear. One of my fav shows. It is my humble five cents worth that new tech should be given atleat a year or two to mature. But as my dad once said. "Once you get a good one, it stays a good one." Soooooo if you have no issues with DCT then chances are it will have no issues.
Appreciate 0