BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

BPM

07-14-2015, 09:05 PM   #23
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95RogueM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Just a guess but maybe you need a more powerful ignition if your plugs are being blown out. Not new plugs. Happened to me back in the 90's with a cogged Vortech on my Saleen.

A blower on your M3 on the other hand will need absolutely nothing. It's something that was meant to be
I recognize your name from 6speed. My previous DD was a modded 996TT and I spent quite a bit of time over there.

It ended up being boost-cut. On 93 the boost creep was a bit too much and the ProEfi was cutting timing/power to protect the motor. With a fresh tank of E85, the car pulls like an absolute freight train once again. Supra coils are pretty amazing....there are plenty of 2JZs running 1400+ whp with the factory Toyota coils...

I can't ever see adding an aftermarket S/C to a car...just not the same level of fun as adding a turbo. Our Ariel Atom has the EcoTec with Roots blower and its awesome....but I think the temptation for more boost is always so tempting......and with a Turbo, its only a knob/button away.
Damn that must be crazy at that power level. Glad you got it figured out!

In terms of fun, the experience of the 911 vs M3 is two ends of the fun spectrum. The 911 with maybe 750-800 crank HP PDK AWD no wheel spin and power and grip everywhere is fun. 0-60 in 2.5 is dizzying. But the DCT M3 with a centrifugal blower, 8,600 redline and titanium exhaust in a more refined form is incredible in the same way as say a Ferrari 458. Not much torque but the pull to redline and aural experience a blast. particularly when the tires start spinning at 7,500rpm. I love driving both. But if I had to pick it would be the M3 hands down all day.

Cheers.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 10:58 AM   #24
95RogueM3
Private
Rep
Drives: M3s

Quote:
In terms of fun, the experience of the 911 vs M3 is two ends of the fun spectrum. The 911 with maybe 750-800 crank HP PDK AWD no wheel spin and power and grip everywhere is fun. 0-60 in 2.5 is dizzying. But the DCT M3 with a centrifugal blower, 8,600 redline and titanium exhaust in a more refined form is incredible in the same way as say a Ferrari 458. Not much torque but the pull to redline and aural experience a blast. particularly when the tires start spinning at 7,500rpm. I love driving both. But if I had to pick it would be the M3 hands down all day.
Interesting that you would pick the M3 over the Porsche. There is certainly an element of fun involved in the violence of a car that's manually shifted and provides wheel-spin, but I can imagine the PDK 997TT is something else with 100% traction and less "drama" than the power may indicate. Without the drama, the power certainly is easier to acclimate to. With my 900whp M3 I get butterflies before I lay into the throttle each and every time...thats a nervous kinda fun.

When I was shopping for my E90 over the past 2 months, I had 1-2 members PM me and offer to sell their S/C E90s to me (for not too much more than a stock E90 pricing), however I've yet to see an aftermarket forced induction kit deliver truly stock like reliability and driveability. Most consumers refuse to disclose issues as they hesitate to strain the relationship with their tuner and forfeit future support. This leads to so many "My car drives like factory...its a dream" reviews and almost no "my driveability blows....PT is choppy, etc". Thats the reason I said this car would remain stock as it needs to drive as well in 35F as 100F.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 12:38 PM   #25
Longboarder
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95RogueM3 View Post
Interesting that you would pick the M3 over the Porsche. There is certainly an element of fun involved in the violence of a car that's manually shifted and provides wheel-spin, but I can imagine the PDK 997TT is something else with 100% traction and less "drama" than the power may indicate. Without the drama, the power certainly is easier to acclimate to. With my 900whp M3 I get butterflies before I lay into the throttle each and every time...thats a nervous kinda fun.

When I was shopping for my E90 over the past 2 months, I had 1-2 members PM me and offer to sell their S/C E90s to me (for not too much more than a stock E90 pricing), however I've yet to see an aftermarket forced induction kit deliver truly stock like reliability and driveability. Most consumers refuse to disclose issues as they hesitate to strain the relationship with their tuner and forfeit future support. This leads to so many "My car drives like factory...its a dream" reviews and almost no "my driveability blows....PT is choppy, etc". Thats the reason I said this car would remain stock as it needs to drive as well in 35F as 100F.
Interesting. I've posted a lot about my SC experience. Installed at 900 miles in 2012 and now 30,000 miles. Many many airstrip and track events all documented. The only issue - and it wasn't really an issue - was my fault - water pump wire for the air to water intercooler system used in the ESS system disconnected and so for some time I was running with no water circulation. I even did an airstrip event with it like this. Yeah I didn't do very well at that particular event but the car ran fine, just pulled a lot of timing as you would expect. In 30,000 miles, no other issues. No check engine lights, no limp modes, no nothing. Car needs more frequent oil and plug changes, and I'll probably do bearings soon.

The SC heightens the already stellar experience. Imagine yourself at your first trance show in Ibiza - that's like your M3. Now imagine you are there locked on to a hot young girl and you guys are both on X - now that's like a SC M3.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #26
95RogueM3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Interesting. I've posted a lot about my SC experience. Installed at 900 miles in 2012 and now 30,000 miles. In 30,000 miles, no other issues. No check engine lights, no limp modes, no nothing. Car needs more frequent oil and plug changes, and I'll probably do bearings soon.
Impressive. In no way was I intimating you had issues you weren't disclosing with the forum...just what I have seen with other forums and marques. Thats awesome yours has been so dead reliable!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 03:27 PM   #27
Longboarder
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Impressive. In no way was I intimating you had issues you weren't disclosing with the forum...just what I have seen with other forums and marques. Thats awesome yours has been so dead reliable!
There are a lot of guys without issues. When people have issues you def hear about it on the forums.

Anyway you have some sick rides my friend. That 2JZ M3 must be absolutely nutz to drive. I'm sure you will fit in nicely here.
a couple others
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 08:45 AM   #28
e92livin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Enjoy the E90, that 2j swap E36 is such a sleeper less the license plate.
|Gintani Supercharged|Gintani X-Pipe|Stack Gauges|Volk TE37SL|BC Racing Coilovers|Nitto NT05R |BMW Performance Spoiler|BMW Performance Steering Wheel|BMW Performance Side Gills + Grilles|Mode Carbon V1 Endurance|IND Tri- Stitched Shift + Brake Boot - 566WHP, 371WTQ |
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 09:57 AM   #29
95RogueM3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92livin View Post
Enjoy the E90, that 2j swap E36 is such a sleeper less the license plate.
I struggled with adding the plate as I've never had a vanity plate before and it does lose some of the sleeper-ness. I go back and forth with keeping it at renewal each year.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2015, 12:29 PM   #30
Jonathan@BimmerWorld
Rep
Drives: M3, LMR-3

Quote:
It now puts down 915whp/800wtq on E85 at 34psi.
Congrats on the new car, but the E36/2JZ numbers are too great to ignore. I bet that car is a riot when it makes its way out of the garage.

Great collection!
Appreciate 0