BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-05-2016, 10:32 PM   #1
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Garage List
CCC update

Question about this. The update from winkfp said 100% and I shut off car real quick (and turned it back in, ignition only, as I'm using a battery charger). Went back to the computer and it was still at 100%. Then started at 0 again and is climbing up. I just interrupted the update for about 1 second. In that time some errors flashed and went away. Now it is at 12% and moving nicely. But did would that short interruption cause it to not work. Should I update it again after I'm finished????
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 12:23 PM   #2
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
As I expected the car is stuck in programming mode and the install stopped at 51% I believe my battery was not able to handle it, even with a charger attached. Need at least a 50AMP and an ICOM cable. Any suggestions. INPA states. Here is a pic of the INPA readout.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 05:13 AM   #3
cryptomit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320d 2012

I replied to your PM.

In general you shouldnt flash CCC using K+DCAN cable never ever, it's very risky. Wait for ICOM and good power supply and all will be fine. ISTA-P should recover everything.
      09-10-2016, 01:43 AM   #4
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the help man. I have here an image of my error on Winkfp. I will have all the new stuff soon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 12:21 AM   #5
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Success !!!!!!!! I used INSTA-P to update everything. Winkfp is terrible, but if you have a good power supply and update the modules in the right order. It will work. Be warned!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 12:47 AM   #6
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Success !!!!!!!! I used INSTA-P to update everything. Winkfp is terrible, but if you have a good power supply and update the modules in the right order, it could work. Make sure to get a good power supply, OTC and Schumacher have great 70 AMP models. Those are good for sure, but I was worried about longevity of the product. Anything plastic, wasn't okay to me.
IOTA engineering has some good cheap choices, get the 70 amp charger/maintainer. Then buy some jumper leads and cut them for the cheapest and best option for power supply (DO NOT BUY CHEAP LEADS, GET A GOOD GUAGE). I went to an industrial electric supply store to get cable and thats where I got the idea.

That power supply will work. However, I chose to go to tooldiscounters and buy the Midtronics PSC 550, that was risky, as its only 55 Amps, but it worked and I have an E92 M3. I started by doing one module at a time, then did a few, I finished the car today. I used ICOM. PSC 550 claims to hold at 13.4 V, but mine was more around 13.2 V with the draw (NOTE: I also coded off my day running lights feature to avoid too much draw), you can shorten the cables to reduce the back EMF and get the voltage more stable (physics talk lol).

About IOTA, if you have engineering and electronics experience, its an okay route. I have not tested that product though. So if anyone want to try it out. The best and most recognized for BMW programming is by far the Schumacher 70AMP model for flashing. OTC makes a good competition for a bit cheaper. The midtronics 70 AMP model is $650.00 and more. The other 70 AMP models (Schumacher and OTC) at current market price are $450.00-$500.00. ( This is exempt from BMW approved power supplies which cost $1,600.00 and up).

Note:

Special thanks to Rheingold for helping me also

Last edited by Mdriv3r; 09-13-2016 at 11:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 04:28 AM   #7
SoloBlue
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E92 M   [0.00]
I bricked my ccc. I did not see the numerous post saying do not upgrade with dcan cable. Lesson learned. I just received my icom cable I'm the mail. Can anyone point to the right direction to get it reflashed? Much appreciated. I have ista p/+ winkfp, ncsexpert, tool32
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2023, 10:15 PM   #8
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Hi just seeing this question. Was this resolved? To start use ISTA and connect the battery maintainer. You can update the CCC from the unit/ module tree. Then let it do the programing. You’ll have to turn the ignition off and on at certain times. You can PM if you have questions about this.
Appreciate 0