BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

02-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
ben14142001
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Thinking about a change- Opinions

Hey guys,
I currently have an 08 135, Dinan Stage 3 with ~25k miles on it. Been contemplating changing things up and getting something different, AWD with decent power and nice interior. I've looked at the Golf R and the S4 (I know, vastly different price points). I've gotten some pretty aggressive price points on both and trying to figure out if I actually want to get rid of my 1er. Anyone have experience coming from or going to either of these?
Obviously there is a going to be a vast power loss going to either, but more so the Golf R. I've test driven both and actually thought the Golf was more fun (S4 felt a little big to me). I'm leaning a bit towards the Golf at the moment because of the price, S4 would be ~400 a month on top of getting rid of my car, which I've paid off. The only big concern for me at the moment for the R is reliability. My 1er has been fine in regards to reliability, but is now out of warranty. Also, I'm only considering these 2 cars, I've owned an STI and driven many Evo's and don't want to jump back to that ship.
Thanks for your input
-Ben
Appreciate 0