BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

08-18-2009, 06:27 AM   #1
noxredna
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 M3, 1M, F10 M5

Help on vredestein ultrac sessanta sizing

Hey guys,

I have a 19 x 9F and 19 x 10R wheels with ET20 all around dropped on Eibachs.

Decided to give the Sessantas a try, I am going with the 255/35/19s up front and hopping to go 285/35/19 in the rear but they don't have that size. I could only find 275/35/19 or 295/30/19; which on should I go for?

I want as much wheel protection as possible and decent ride comfort, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 06:57 AM   #2
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxredna View Post
Hey guys,

I have a 19 x 9F and 19 x 10R wheels with ET20 all around dropped on Eibachs.

Decided to give the Sessantas a try, I am going with the 255/35/19s up front and hopping to go 285/35/19 in the rear but they don't have that size. I could only find 275/35/19 or 295/30/19; which on should I go for?

I want as much wheel protection as possible and decent ride comfort, thanks!
You should definetly go with the 275/35/19's.

That is nearly the perfect sizing for a 10" wide rear wheel. Very nice sidewall to minimize noise harshness and vibration, a very good section width to improve dry and wet weather traction, and a rolling diamter that is very close to stock.

The 275/35/19 rear tire size should not cause you any rubbing issues on a stock ride height car, or even one that is dropped on lowering springs like Eibachs.

The other sizes you mentioned all have potential downsides that I would steer clear of...

BTW: You have made a very good decision to buy the Vredestein Sessantas. This is an excellent tire product that I personally recommend to everyone I meet. The performance vs. price is outstanding.

I can't ever see myself going back to paying PS2 money again (for my high performance tires), as long as the Vredestein Sessantas are around.
      08-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
BHairsto
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post

That is nearly the perfect sizing for a 10" wide rear wheel. Very nice sidewall to minimize noise harshness and vibration, a very good section width to improve dry and wet weather traction, and a rolling diamter that is very close to stock.

The 275/35/19 rear tire size should not cause you any rubbing issues on a stock ride height car, or even one that is dropped on lowering springs like Eibachs.

The other sizes you mentioned all have potential downsides that I would steer clear of...

BTW: You have made a very good decision to buy the Vredestein Sessantas. This is an excellent tire product that I personally recommend to everyone I meet. The performance vs. price is outstanding.

I can't ever see myself going back to paying PS2 money again (for my high performance tires), as long as the Vredestein Sessantas are around.
Lemans_Blue_M -- ever heard of any issues/difficulties mounting the Vredesteins? My installer has had my wheels/tires for over a week and can't get the bead on the front tires (255/30/20) past the center portion of the wheels (reverse lip Klassens). Apparently, the beads are very stiff/tight. The rears (295/25/20) went on fine.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
e90-4aj
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: E46-M3, F80-M3, 970 GTS

did your tires get mounted?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
BoLaS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemans_Blue_M View Post

I will for once... completely agree with Lemans Blue lol great answer!