BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

05-11-2018, 10:04 AM   #1
BMWM3TS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m3

Tuningtech ( Frank smith)

HI
Anyone sporting a tuningtech tune for their e9x m3 in Oz. Took me a while to sort out logistics wise, but the 650 usd was worth it just to code out the cell and cold start. Price included the gts dct tune and Wow I thought it would be a marginal change , but is really noticeable for the better.

The engine tune with exhaust is no COBB OTS 70hp increase like on my other ride , but gave a much smoother throttle response and not much more noticeable in the power stakes.

I'm hoping the tune helps to reduce some of the Tinniness in my M3 world x pipe at certain rpm's
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 11:02 PM   #2
Josparky
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3; 2012 E88 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM3TS View Post
HI
Anyone sporting a tuningtech tune for their e9x m3 in Oz. Took me a while to sort out logistics wise, but the 650 usd was worth it just to code out the cell and cold start. Price included the gts dct tune and Wow I thought it would be a marginal change , but is really noticeable for the better.

The engine tune with exhaust is no COBB OTS 70hp increase like on my other ride , but gave a much smoother throttle response and not much more noticeable in the power stakes.

I'm hoping the tune helps to reduce some of the Tinniness in my M3 world x pipe at certain rpm's
Never heard of that one... popular ones people go with is Evolve, ESS, BPM or Alpine. I went with Evolve tune with Alpine dct and mdm tune. Very happy with it. I guess they are all similar though... just personal choice really as they all also seem to have great customer services. My experience with Evolve UK and Alex @ Alpine in the US was flawless
BOOF-M34448.50