BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

11-25-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito
Portugal
Rep
Drives: Miss my E92 but love my E46 M3

What would you think about this sale?

Long story short I got my E92 328 in April and I love it. Sure, it's not the E46 M3 I always wanted or the E92 M3 but I still love the car. Anyway, while looking through cars.com bored during training at work I came across a

2009 AW E92 M3
with DCT and ZCP
31,000 miles
for $23,799

Yes, that's right 23k from an individual seller so I decided to email this lady and see what's the deal. This is our exchange (read from bottom up) and let me know if you would take this as legit or complete bullcrap. Thanks guys.

------------------------------------------------

Hello Patrick,
Please let me explain to you the process of this transaction and you can decide if you want to proceed or not.
As I told you in my first email, I recently got divorced. I also got a new job and moved to Omaha Nebraska in order to start over. I'm in Omaha Nebraska but my presence won't be necessary because I prearranged the deal with PayPal. The car is in Omaha at the shipping company, ready to be delivered. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 3 to 5 working days. You will have 5 days to test it and inspect the car prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back at my expense. If you want to make this deal I need the following details from you: full name, address, and phone#.
Once I have your info I will forward them to PayPal to get things started. PayPal will contact you shortly after they have the details with all the information that you need to complete this
deal and you will also have proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller. Waiting for your email with the requested details.
Regards

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Patrick Rodrigues <the**********@aol.com> wrote:
Can I come check out the car with a friend of mine that's a BMW tech?

Patrick Dos Santos Rodrigues

On Nov 17, 2011, at 5:36 PM, Susan Bransford <susan.bransford27@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Patrick,
I appreciate your interest in buying my car. The BMW M3 is in perfect shape, never been smoked in, without scratches or dents, and it has never been involved in any kind of accidents. I legally own a clear title, free of any liens or loans,under my name. It has 31,463 miles, for sale at $23,799. The price is below the market as I recently divorced and I don't own a driver's license, therefore I don't need it, so I'm trying to sell it as soon as possible. If you have any other questions, or need more info, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards

please reach me through email instead the*********@aol.com. is there any issues with this car?

-----------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 09:34 AM   #2
Time
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
It's a scam. You will get an email from like paypal@hotmail.com asking u to wire money or asking for money orders, then you never see the m3 or you money again.
      11-25-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
taylorcoleman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Lol - she got the car in the divorce docs and doesn't even have a license?

Lol- she's selling the car through PayPal?

Do other fools a favor and report this email.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 09:37 AM   #4
AddictedToBavarian
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MMB View Post
It's a scam. You will get an email from like paypal@hotmail.com asking u to wire money or asking for money orders, then you never see the m3 or you money again.
That's what I would expect and I'm always weary about this stuff, but read what she wrote here

" You will have 5 days to test it and inspect the car prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back at my expense. "

So, it WILL be in my posession when I make payment.

Ahh whatever let me dream. Lol
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #5
Mike van D
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: SG X6 35i; MW e92 M3

Doesn't sound legit at all...
      11-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #6
askharjoon
Private
Rep
Drives: Maserati Ghibli

Scam. Usually when the email starts off with "let me explain to you the process" thats when you walk away.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
AddictedToBavarian
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by askharjoon View Post
Scam. Usually when the email starts off with "let me explain to you the process" thats when you walk away.
Lol.. yea, thanks for confirming my doubts guys.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #8
Time
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328xi0wner View Post
That's what I would expect and I'm always weary about this stuff, but read what she wrote here

" You will have 5 days to test it and inspect the car prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back at my expense. "

So, it WILL be in my posession when I make payment.

Ahh whatever let me dream. Lol
Yhea but I'm sure "PayPal" is going to want a deposit
      11-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #9
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Yep, it's a scam. Like others have said stay away and report this scam - at least contact PayPal to inform them about this supposed "PayPal deal".
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #10
Silvertige
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 e92 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW 535i  [10.00]
Lol. Obvious scam.
      11-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #11
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
if anyone falls for this SCAM just read the e-mails

If this was true she would have ....

A) Posted a normal add with photos
B) Handed the matter over to a trusted friend to handle it for her
or
C) Simply take it to a used car dealership (plenty of them pay cash) for a car like this she would have got way more then her asking price

trust me this is a SCAM if I ever saw one

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #12
taylorcoleman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I was curious to see how many people may have fallen to this scam. After a few clicks I had to stop reading because I couldn't believe how many people actually fell for this!!

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-480-409-4417
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #13
The Flying Scotsman
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

I am a licensed exporter and buy and sell used cars, boats, motorcycle's, and jet skis.

This does sound like a scam!!!

However, there is one rule in doing this type of business. Never, transfer any money until you see your product in person with a clear title and is signed over to be released to you.

It sounds very hard to believe that the person selling their car would not want to be there at the time they sell the car.

You can not be fooled by anyone in a scam as long as you don't give any money to the seller.

Go for it! but if they ask you to transfer money, then it will more than likely be a scam!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #14
tlp
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, Sold:'11 e92 M3 SG/FR

Garage List
Hello Good Sir,

I'm from Nigeria and have M3 for sale also. Please send me your bank acct info okay's?

"If it's too good to be true, it probably is"
      11-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #15
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Unfortunately these scams are pretty effective to target people just like you and many others who salivate over a car but the car is normally out of reach. Then you see this incredible deal and cannot help get roped in and interested. By then you are already picturing life with the m3 and how great it would be and your judgement starts going out the window and you start thinking it sounds more legit than it does or try to convince yourself its legit. Only to find out someone took your 24k.

That is how I am typically with "window shopping" that is why I do not look at anything I cannot afford as I will want it and no longer enjoy what I have!

I can tell you from unbiased view by just reading this, it sounds like a really obvious scam! Stay clear man. Work hard and save up-youll get the m3 soon enough!

Enjoy your 328 for what it is and not what it is not. I have owned inline 6 bmw's and I always appreciated them but not until I got my v8 m3 did I actually appreciate them even more. The v8 is obviously great in its own way but I still really enjoyed popping the hood and seeing that beautiful inline 6 classic bmw engine under the hood knowing its the company that makes the best I6 engines in the world.

I loved the sound it makes and the complete smooth power delivery that just kept increasing and increasing up the rev band. Enjoy that sound, feel and passion bmw has put into their i6 engine. Much more classic than a bmw v8. I miss my i6 many times and hope to get one again.

M3 is great but the 328 is great in so many other ways.

The other great thing which you do not realize until you have 414 hp, you can totally wind out your 329 to 7k rpms all the damn time and you stay within reasonable speeds. I cannot really keep this m3 at the top of the rev band on a consistent basisi as I am doing triple digits before a blink. I loved driving the piss out of the I6 at 7k krpms and enjoying that sound!

anyways stay clear of this deal and enjoy your car until the next one comes along!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #16
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

OMG I sent her a payment, the cars not even here yet! What should I do!?!?!?!?!!?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #17
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

No way is this true.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 11:58 AM   #18
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Scam.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #19
AddictedToBavarian
Portugal
Rep

I always thought this was a scam. I just found it interesting that I would have the car before any payment is made. I just started payments on my car in April it would not make any sense to jump into a different car. Although, this isn't the only cheap M3 on cars.com. Must be a lot of scams.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #20
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

OP ARE YOU FAWKIN SERIOUS? YOUR ASKING IF THIS IS BS OR NOT?..........

sounds like your desperate to get the car... soon enough.. you might end up with none...
      11-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #21
AddictedToBavarian
Portugal
Rep

I like your thoughts, very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
Unfortunately these scams are pretty effective to target people just like you and many others who salivate over a car but the car is normally out of reach. Then you see this incredible deal and cannot help get roped in and interested. By then you are already picturing life with the m3 and how great it would be and your judgement starts going out the window and you start thinking it sounds more legit than it does or try to convince yourself its legit. Only to find out someone took your 24k.

That is how I am typically with "window shopping" that is why I do not look at anything I cannot afford as I will want it and no longer enjoy what I have!

I can tell you from unbiased view by just reading this, it sounds like a really obvious scam! Stay clear man. Work hard and save up-youll get the m3 soon

Enjoy your 328 for what it is and not what it is not. I have owned inline 6 bmw's and I always appreciated them but not until I got my v8 m3 did I actually appreciate them even more. The v8 is obviously great in its own way but I still really enjoyed popping the hood and seeing that beautiful inline 6 classic bmw engine under the hood knowing its the company that makes the best I6 engines in the world.

I loved the sound it makes and the complete smooth power delivery that just kept increasing and increasing up the rev band. Enjoy that sound, feel and passion bmw has put into their i6 engine. Much more classic than a bmw v8. I miss my i6 many times and hope to get one again.

M3 is great but the 328 is great in so many other ways.

The other great thing which you do not realize until you have 414 hp, you can totally wind out your 329 to 7k rpms all the damn time and you stay within reasonable speeds. I cannot really keep this m3 at the top of the rev band on a consistent basisi as I am doing triple digits before a blink. I loved driving the piss out of the I6 at 7k krpms and enjoying that sound!

anyways stay clear of this deal and enjoy your car until the next one comes along!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #22
BLACK OPS
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Maybe something like this..........Well Susan here is my phone #:402-444-5652. My address is: 505 S. 15th street, Omaha, NE 68102. I would gladly meet you here in Omaha or just send the vehicle here with your contact information.

Thanks
Appreciate 0