BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

01-01-2010, 08:12 AM   #375
PIMP "E"
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsteiner View Post
Our attorneys are in the process of contacing this vendor and the original manufacturer in regards to the copyrights & intellectual property violation.

For a list of Authorized Vorsteiner Dealers & Original Vorsteiner products please contact us at 1-800-601-7615 or info@vorsteiner.com

Thank you for your all of your support & patronage and we hope to continue to provide the highest quality parts & service to the BMW community and members.

Best Regards,

VORSTEINER
[Perfection Redefined: Exclusive Vehicle Tuning ]
tel: 800.601.7615
tel: 714.974.4300
fax: 714.974.4315
web: www.vorsteiner.com

he was just playn, lol
      01-03-2010, 01:28 AM   #376
Nater
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Briskly

I do not want to take sides, because I can see both sides on this topic... but how can someone like JLevi get all up in arms over people buying replica stuff of one company when they themselves sell replicas of other companies stuff.

For example, if you notice on their website they are selling both replica and OEM M Aero lips for the 335. They go as far as using an OEM picture of an M tech front end to sell the replica and tout it as being "a high quality alternative to the high-priced OEM E92 aerodynamic lip," underneath the description.

Now based on JLevi's responses in this post, this seems hypocritical to me. Especially since they are ripping off the company that is most essential to their and all these BMW parts vendors' survival, BMW itself. And like I said before, I am not trying to take sides or trying to bash on JLevi. I have bought parts from them before and was very pleased, just trying to keep everyone honest here.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #377
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: like a muppet

jl VRS copies

I posted when I fitted the items and they fitted great etc. It's 6 weeks and I have resolved that carbon fiber bits, from whoever makes them, make the car look overdone and cheap. I am pulling it all off next week and going for a clean original look. BMW designed a really amazing car, and we all fall into the trap of modding with bits of glorified plastic!!

I am sooooo glad I never paid top dollar for originals just because of all the moral banter on this thread!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #378
sidekick96
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Wow this thread.. was....legendary! Funny to see how 2 years later, most vendors whom were constantly backing VRS and how they shamed "knock off" or "reps" are now selling them!.. if you cant beat'em.. join'em right ?!

And sooo many smurf accounts holy hell, from both trollers and vendors. hilarious!

reps: 1..... overpriced products: 0
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2019, 12:03 PM   #379
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

A decade later, this thread still giving me the giggles. What a twist at the end.
Appreciate 0