BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Closed Thread

11-22-2018, 12:10 AM   #67
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP View Post
Hilarious response, typical Tesla fanatic response.

Keep drinking that Kool Aid, also, your on the wrong car forum. The Tesla circle jerk is on the Tesla forums.
Before pressing the submit button, did you ask yourself how this reply would contribute to the conversation?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 03:07 AM   #68
eau_rouge
Germany
Rep
Drives: Alpina B3 G21 Touring

Garage List
There is one word in my reply that separates my thoughts and facts with your posted ones: TODAYS.

I am talking about todays diesel engines, which are cleaner than the office that you are sitting in right now (due to dust).

Other than that, as you can clearly see, Asia is a big factor - with or without diesel engines. And you try to tell me that Asia and India are ready to switch to electric mobility in like 10 years? Having all the infrastructure in place? Have you ever been there? Do you know that most of their streets don't even have tarmac?
2005 E46 M3 S54 - TS/GN5TT - 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 04:15 AM   #69
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eau_rouge View Post
There is one word in my reply that separates my thoughts and facts with your posted ones: TODAYS.

I am talking about todays diesel engines, which are cleaner than the office that you are sitting in right now (due to dust).

Other than that, as you can clearly see, Asia is a big factor - with or without diesel engines. And you try to tell me that Asia and India are ready to switch to electric mobility in like 10 years? Having all the infrastructure in place? Have you ever been there? Do you know that most of their streets don't even have tarmac?

You are completely in denial. Even today's Euro 6d diesel engines will be much worse in real life than a modern petrol engine. What happens during the DPF regeneration, for example? They have a rich history of not coming close to meeting claims outside of the narrow test conditions.

Diesel is dead, you must work for VW or the diesel lobby or something.

Diesel passenger cars will be disappearing in all first world countries soon enough. Hybrid petrol vehicles will be eating into what isn't able to be fully electric.

Diesel is trash for passenger cars. Still dirtier than petrol and the CO2 and efficiency advantage is nearly gone. I'm sure the German auto industry can survive selling little diesel shitboxes to 3rd world countries .

You started this by saying the US doesn't have NOx standards. That's obviously false and denies the reality of worse air quality in European cities from diesel particulates. Those millions of dirty older diesel cars don't disappear overnight either.

Again, let's revisit this in 10 years. We'll see how it ends up.

Edited to be less of an ass .

Last edited by chris719; 11-22-2018 at 04:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 06:17 AM   #70
jackelliott
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden_88M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Not really.

The Tesla is terrible in cold weather here. People can't even get in their model 3 because of the handles.

The build quality of Tesla is also terrible, 2 years in and the interior is already falling apart.
Actually my first year of ownership with the 235i resulted in this during winter.

*The plastic around the handle broke due to freezing temperatures. Cause the handle had frozen and it wouln't open.
*The Windows froze shut due to it being a coupé so it wouldn't go down (had to use a credit card to smoothen up the black plastic around it so it would go down)
*The Boot sensor flipped out completely so it opened the boot mid drive not to fun, happen several times especially when going from warm to cold or cold to a warm car.
*For some reason during winter time the "drivetrain malfunction" would pop up even though i didn't do anything with the car.
*The rear light fixture broke within months after getting the car didn't notice it until winter when damp had gotten in to it and it froze.

So yeah BMW ain't that much of a step up in quality if i may say so my self.
I drive a 235i all winter in NH and have never had any of those problems. Didn't even have a garage for the first two winters with it.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread