BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-24-2018, 02:05 PM   #1
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Anyone use a Comet 1700 pressure washer?

So lately I’ve fallen further down the rabbit hole with my pressure washer setup.

It’s a Greenworks 2000psi connected to a Simple Chuck DI Spotless system + MTM swiveling gun + Mosmatic lance + Pf22 cannon... all quick connects for everything.

Been pretty happy with the setup and it works great. However certain things I’m not happy with.
- the hose is too short to get all the way around the car... exacerbated when I wash the house since I need to take down the stup and put it all back together whenever I move to a different section or get it tangled on the garden hose, power cord, and pressure washer hose.
- it’s taking up floor space in the garage

So after thinking of a longer hose I was looking at the pump and figured that I can remove it completely from the chassis. My mind started wandering and then I figured I can progressively get to creating an Obsessed garage style setup.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/produ...shing-solution

What I’m thinking is that I can get the 100ft Obsessed garage Kobrajet hose + a swivel mount version of the Cox reel (the spot I plan to put this in requires me to swivel the hose into the direction I am using... it’s going next to the garage opening facing into the garage so the hose needs to make a U turn to go out to the driveway). Then mount my disembodied Greenworks on a shelf + jumper hose to the reel. And hang my Simple Chuck on a hook below the reel. Eventually when my Greenworks dies I can upgrade it to the OG edition Kranzle 1322TS.

However as I looked at other options I came across the Comet 1700 pressure washer.

The specs seem to match the Kranzle pretty well and seems to perform nice.

It also comes in 2 versions... basic with wall mount & 65 ft hose + plastic attachments or a pro detailing version that comes with a nice swivel spray gun + foam cannon + MTM lance.

Seems pricey compared to the hardware store pressure washers, but when I add up everything to get to the Kranzle setup I am thinking of... this is much cheaper since I already includes a wall mount, a good 65ft hose, and quick connects. I probably wouldn’t buy the premium version since I have the MTM Swivel, Mosmatic wand, and cannon I bought from Obsessed Garage.

When I add up everything I need to convert my Greenworks into a wall mounted setup the Comet is just a little bit more.

I guess the downside is that the reel seems plasticy and it won’t accomidate a 100ft reel.

Not many reviews since they just started selling in the US but all the reviews seem favorable.

Anythoughts on this pressure washer? I’d jump on it if there was any black friday or cyber monday deals however I think it is too new to the US for that.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 11:22 PM   #2
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Just wanted to update... took the plunge and got a Comet 1700 and modded it with parts from Obsessed Garage.
- Coxreel
- 100 for Kobrajet
- SGS 28 spray gun
- PF22 foam cannon
- jumper hoses and quick connects.

Finally got around to washing two of my cars with it. Love having a nice long hose that doesn't kink or twist. The hose just glides across the driveway and doesn't easily get snagged on the wheels. It's not very loud. However it's got good output. Also really like how easy the spray gun is.

The video with my M3 uses Chemical Guys Snow Foam. The video with my Tesla is with Chemical Guys Vitalize soap.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 12:23 PM   #3
InnerBlueSkies
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Thanks for sharing your research. Looks.like a great setup.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 09:15 AM   #4
stlb5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C MT, '15 X5 Msport

Hey Panda,

I'm in a similar boat. I have a greenworks 2000 mounted to the wall with all the OG goodies, 100' hose, coxreel, 1cf DI tank. I'm considering switching to a Kranzle or Comet for the increased GPM. My question to you is regarding just the change from the greenworks to the comet, forget the hoses or anything else. How much of a performance difference did you get switching pressure washers? Flow? Noise? Looks like you've had the Comet for a while, what are your follow up thoughts? Glad you went with the Comet or any regrets not going with the Kranzle?

Thanks
Appreciate 0