BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

EXXEL Distributions

03-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #1
S12rowdies
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

**Fleming Automotive Crofton MD** A+ PLEASE READ

*****PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST: SATISFACTION 100%*****

I recently had my 08 BMW M3 E93 worked on by Luther at Fleming Automotive. After having rod bearing failure, I had to purchase a new S65 engine. I am from Huntington WV, and there aren't to many people close who can even work on this motor unless taking it to BMW.
After searching around on the forums I ended up hearing about Fleming Automotive and decided to do a little research on them. Everything I read was positive, so I began to pursue getting the BMW fit in the schedule. Luther PM'ed me and told me to shoot him a text and we could talk about it. BEST ALL AROUND GUY YOU WILL MEET! Straight from the get go, Luther was incredibly informative. He explained to me what all the process would entail, options for completing the project, etc. the drive from my house to his shop was around 450 miles, so an almost 900 mile round trip.
When I couldn't get off work and couldn't get a transportation company to transport the car, I thought I was out of options. NOPE, Luther HIMSELF drove ALL the way down, safely picked it up and transported it back to his shop for a very reasonable price.
A long story short, Luther was incredibly helpful throughout every step of the way. These guys do superb work and include pictures and videos of the install all the way through. Not only that, his prices are extremely competitive and you get top notch work. He explained to me the process of oil analysis and set me up with black stone laboratories so that I can now avoid anything like this happening again. Not only that, I got a warranty to boot labor included.
I waited to write this post/review until I had drove the car a while and completed the first oil change, just to ensure everything was still functioning. The car is still running GREAT! Both the install and the tune could not have went better, and after all the frustration involved in purchasing the new engine and the expenses to go with it, it was such a relief knowing that I took my car to the best place possible. Give Luther at Fleming Automotive and Frank at Frank Smith's tuning your business, you WILL NOT regret it!!!
I just wanted to say thanks again Luther for everything you've done. You have been absolutely superb, and when it's time for the supercharger I will without a doubt be driving up to your shop for the install. You guys are great, I wish I wasn't so far away.

Thanks again,
Shane Foster
Appreciate 1
k3silk147.00
      03-15-2017, 06:54 PM   #2
AJJ3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

I had my rod bearings on my 09 e92 done at Frank Smith tuning and would highly recommend his shop also. I'm thinking about going back and getting my car tuned by him in the summer time.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #3
bigdaddycane
I even mod my cereal
Rep
Drives: 11 ZCP DCT M3 14 328d 21 GT4

Garage List
Luther is a top notch guy.....very knowledgeable and does great work!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 05:57 AM   #4
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycane View Post
Luther is a top notch guy.....very knowledgeable and does great work!
This!
AA Gen 2 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; MCS 2-Way NR w/700F-1000R; GC Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; Zebulon Splitter; Zebulon 330 Rear Wing; Gutted w/Piper Motorsports Custom Cage; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #5
markw9
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 LB M3 E90

What did the S65 run?
Appreciate 0