BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Closed Thread

07-07-2013, 02:21 AM   #45
1M_@teewhybs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [8.34]
Lol this is a simple problem that could have been dealt with directly through EAS as opposed to complaining on the forums. EAS has had a great reputation for many years now, many years longer than you've owned your m3 for. This thread/post is childish/immature. A man faces his problems face to face not by complaining.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #46
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucewonder View Post
why not just buy a 25$ K&N filter. I never gave into the hype about MS advertising on the forums.
+1. I'm running AFE drop in right now and have never had fit issues. Oil analysis also said filter is doing its job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1M_@teewhybs View Post
Lol this is a simple problem that could have been dealt with directly through EAS as opposed to complaining on the forums. EAS has had a great reputation for many years now, many years longer than you've owned your m3 for. This thread/post is childish/immature. A man faces his problems face to face not by complaining.
Not exactly the first time we've heard about MS intake issues, just saying.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #47
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

Quote:
Before you come in here stating your nonsense read the whole thread. This is not my first issue with them but it's my last. People that don't understand the whole story (cough cough) are the childish and immature ones.

Also, this is much more than complaining. I am not the only one that has had an issue with EAS......read the thread. I am trying to help others of the possible sh0t quality they can get from EAS. I am fully aware that EAS has had their business longer than my M3 but to be honest with you......that don't mean SH*T! Shotty service is shotty service no matter how long you have been doing it.

Last edited by STi_traitor; 07-07-2013 at 12:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #48
Checkcaptain
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 GTS

Hey , you are throwing items into waste, which belong into the yellow bag in Germany!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
I purchased a Macht Schnell DIF (drop in air filter) from EAS thinking that they had great quality products due to reputation but have come to realize it is the complete opposite. When I initially installed the DIF I noticed that the fitment from air filter to the rubber boot adapter was a off. Nothing crazy but it just didn't fit like the OEM filter did, it was bigger in circumference compared to OEM but when installed tediously it worked.....or so I thought. Then I came along this thread and started to worry..........

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608138

Now I know this isn't the same car but it's still Macht Schnell. After roughly 1k miles I decided to take a look at it before leaving to Afghanistan, I would hate for something to go wrong while my wife has it in her hands. Some of you may ask why I didn't check it earlier but if you knew my work tempo before a deployment then you would not ask. In the end this is what I came across after the un install, once again we are talking about M3's here not your everyday run of the mill car.

Attachment 884595

I know for a fact that none of this was inside before the install of the Macht Schnell filter, the filter is the reasoning for this. Now don't come at me saying that it was install error because 1. a caveman could do it, 2. this shouldn't be an issue for a simple modification and 3. this isn't my first rodeo. I have been working on cars for about 10 years now as a hobby and take a great pride in my own car.....especially an ///M3. I checked the fitment numerous times, ensuring everything was good but I should have checked more.

The filter fitment was horrible compared to OEM. I am not sure what they were thinking during the production of this part but they did not address everything before throwing this on the market. This seems to be a new trend on here. You could really tell a difference between the two.....HUGE difference. I am fortunate.....for now that my car is still running strong with no issues. I just hope that nothing comes of this in the future. I re installed my OEM filter and will only go with OEM from now on due to this situation. Normally I would say no biggie but this is a 23k engine that we are talking about, not a Honda Civic.

Another rant I have is the Test Pipes I have installed from EAS/Macht Schnell. When I received the pipes I was happy with the quality of everything. The welds looked decent and the quality of the build was over all good. The only issue.....which is a huge inconvenience is that the bolt holes for connecting to the headers was not the right size and they needed to be drilled. This is not a huge error but for 495$ you would expect to have a quality part that is ready to be installed and not modified by others.

Other issues I have had with them....... I had a 28 day training rotation. I ordered a few parts such as DIF adapter (because they don't take to take the time and make sure you are good to go), IND tow strap cover and tow strap. I sent the money to them prior to leaving expecting it to be here when I return. No luck! I spoke with them about the issue and said it was shipping. Two weeks later, nothing! I email them again and they finally ship it after another two weeks. This took close to 60 days before I even received shipment.

For those of you with the DIF please take the time to check this out, your engines health is possibly at risk and I am sure that I am not the only one that received this kind of quality from EAS.

In the end I have learned my lessons to never go through EAS again and if I EVER buy something aftermarket I will do much more research before coming on here and choosing one of the "big name brands" on the forum. I am of course ready for the bashing from many of you as this is what is to come from something like this and the certain "types" on this forum, let the games begin. I am not looking for a refund or an apology from EAS because if you ask me, this is what I think of the filter and EAS/Macht Schnells "Performance Production" line........

Attachment 884606
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #49
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

no less than 4 MS Intake DIFs / Stg. 2 for sale on the forum since this post! STi, you have officially caused a mini wave of doubt / panic selling.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #50
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 E92 - AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
no less than 4 MS Intake DIFs / Stg. 2 for sale on the forum since this post! STi, you have officially caused a mini wave of doubt / panic selling.
Perfect. Now let's get him to complain about a yellow Brembo BBK. I think the yellow paint causes cancer in mice. While he is at it how about a performance steering wheel with a white stripe.

Can someone also tell me what BMW aftermarket shop has zero issues ever. I want to start shopping there instead of the very very horrible EAS.

Last edited by M3forMe; 07-07-2013 at 03:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #51
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3forMe View Post
Perfect. Now let's get him to complain about a yellow Bremen BBK. I think the yellow paint causes cancer in mice. While he is at how about a performance steering wheel with a white stripe.

Can someone also tell me what BMW aftermarket shop has zero issues ever. I want to start shopping there instead of the very very horrible EAS.
I like what you did there.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #52
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
My plan has worked, I was trying to get a MS Stage II for cheap!

Quote:
Perfect. Now let's get him to complain about a yellow Brembo BBK. I think the yellow paint causes cancer in mice. While he is at it how about a performance steering wheel with a white stripe.

I am sure that none exist without issues, if you find this heavenly place please let me know. I am sure I can find something wrong.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #53
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkcaptain
Hey , you are throwing items into waste, which belong into the yellow bag in Germany!!!

Attachment 884606
: - I've never ordered from eas so i dont have an opinon on them, however if turner sells DIFs, that's where I'd buy from. Spent a ton there on my E46, no issues with fitment/shipping ever.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #54
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted View Post
: - I've never ordered from eas so i dont have an opinon on them, however if turner sells DIFs, that's where I'd buy from. Spent a ton there on my E46, no issues with fitment/shipping ever.
Turner is an average shop IMO and I would goto EAS before Turner. I have bought items from both places.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #55
kwike92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I like what you did there.
+1
      07-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #56
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:

It's one thing to have an angel eye go out, or bumper not fitting correctly. It's something completely different when your S65 air filter system is not working properly. Just saying....
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #57
meez
Sloppy Seconds Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: uhhh wut

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
Before you come in here stating your nonsense read the whole thread. This is not my first issue with them but it's my last. People that don't understand the whole story (cough cough) are the childish and immature ones.

Also, this is much more than complaining. I am not the only one that has had an issue with EAS......read the thread. I am trying to help others of the possible sh0t quality they can get from EAS. I am fully aware that EAS has had their business longer than my M3 but to be honest with you......that don't mean SH*T! Shotty service is shotty service no matter how long you have been doing it.

I would like to know if you contacted them directly for this specific issue...
Because I know that they are stand up guys. I have had everything done to my M at their shop and needless to say their customer service and know-how is top-notch.

I find it hard to believe that they gave you no support... But please refute me if I am wrong.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #58
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

We have sold/installed over 200+ MS S65 Air filters without any issues. Maybe this was part of a bad run?

The guys at EAS have always been extremely honest and trustworthy. We offer MS parts at iND because of the level of quality and testing.

Hopefully everything gets worked out.
      07-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #59
adartSR
Rep
Drives: "M"

This is why I don't even bother with posting reviews. All reviews I see on the forums either 1. become a train wreck with ppl that got nothing of value to add or 2. Fanboys and partner vendors with financial benefits come to the rescue.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #60
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Everyone in SoCal with an e93 M3 lease should get out of their leases asap. and contact me

The e93 causes you to get cancer due to excessive exposure to the sun; you also breath in too much of the toxic fumes and get sick that way.

So all of you in SoCal with a M3, put your leases up for transfer with some heavy incentives! Your health and wellbeing depend on it!!!!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread