BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #23
Golgothar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

CHUNGDAE,

I feel for you man i really do i know its gotta suck when you lay out a good chunk of change for a mod (Lets face it there are cheaper light kits out there) because the supposed superior quality and then you have a bad experience, not cool...

That being said i bought the exact same kit from EAS (Brandon specificaly helped me) and i have to say i was a bit leary/worried since i didnt read about issues with the kit until AFTER i placed my order (Always works that way right?).

Well i got my kit right before X-mas so i have only had it on a week but it has been cold/damp & raining here in Houston all week. I am happy to say that the kit installed pretty easily, fired up with no error msgs and that i have had ZERO issues with it.

Thanks again to Brandon and EAS and best of luck to all of those that have the kit or are thinking about getting the kit!

OLD - 2008 Sparkling Graphite DCT e92
Rpi Scoops/Dinan Intake/DinanECUtune/DinanPulley/DinanExhaust/DinanStg 2 Suspension/Plus some cosmetic mods *SOLD*
NEW- 2011 Black Saphire 550i Sport (Some cosmetic mods/Dinan mods soon)
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 11:41 AM   #24
brandon @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F30 335i

Thanks for the updates guys. We are working very closely with Angelibright trying to stay on top of any issues that we, or you the consumer find, to prevent any future problems with the units. We have these installed on all of our cars that work with this system here at our shop so we can constantly monitor their performance and reliability. So far with the release of the new drivers everything looks great. If you do run into a problem for whatever reason, never hesitate to contact me directly and I will help you out
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #25
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon @ eas View Post
Thanks for the updates guys. We are working very closely with Angelibright trying to stay on top of any issues that we, or you the consumer find, to prevent any future problems with the units. We have these installed on all of our cars that work with this system here at our shop so we can constantly monitor their performance and reliability. So far with the release of the new drivers everything looks great. If you do run into a problem for whatever reason, never hesitate to contact me directly and I will help you out
I'll keep this in mind if I have any further problems with the AIB's.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #26
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
i just saw this thread...one of my AiB's went out again, i've given up at this point. i even got the "new, upgraded capacitors" and they worked for about 2 weeks. considering this a $300 loss. worst part about my scenario is i ordered them directly from angel ibright and getting the owner to do anything is pulling teeth. i'd rather write it off than deal with them again.
Just replied on your other post. There is no possible reason why you should be having the problems you are reporting.

Posing on the forums is not going to help your situation, I will see what I can do to assist again. Can you email me what is (or is not) happening on your kit?

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2010, 06:00 PM   #27
///FCB
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 GTR

mine works fine so far. I have it for about a month or two, although it is true I didn't drive the car a lot these days...reading several comments I'm crossing my fingers that nothing goes wrong
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #28
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

UPDATE 5/15/10

It has been over five months since I have purchased the AIB 3.0's from EAS and over three months since I have had any problems with them. I have given EAS the benefit of the doubt that I had received a bad batch. The AIB's are truly a work of engineering and innovation in its design, efficiency, and ease of use. I personally want to thank Tom for the follow up and EAS for sending me a new unit in advance and ultimately, dealing with me.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #29
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
UPDATE 5/15/10

It has been over five months since I have purchased the AIB 3.0's from EAS and over three months since I have had any problems with them. I have given EAS the benefit of the doubt that I had received a bad batch. The AIB's are truly a work of engineering and innovation in its design, efficiency, and ease of use. I personally want to thank Tom for the follow up and EAS for sending me a new unit in advance and ultimately, dealing with me.
I've been using mine as well for probably 5-6 months. No problems. Knock on wood..lol
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2010, 08:26 PM   #30
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
UPDATE 5/15/10

I appreciate the followup, your feedback is valuable.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #31
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

UPDATE 12/10/10

The dreaded "parking headlight malfunction" light had come on again. The Angel IBright on that particular side had gone out again. I opened the headlight cap and the sweet smell of burnt circuitry filled the air. I called EAS and spoke to Michelle. She asked me to send in my unit so they can do testing and perhaps my unit is a faulty unit. I received a RMA number and sent them to EAS. I spoke with EAS today and they received my unit, but they do not have any driver packs (black box) for 7-10 more business days. I am patiently awaiting.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #32
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

UPDATE 1/21/11

I sent my AIB's back to EAS after another malfunction from the driver packs. I received them 2 weeks later. I noticed the "new" driver packs are beefier and have a bigger gauge wiring. I have been out of town for a couple weeks and haven't been able to do a proper review. So far, I am happy with EAS's customer service, although the shipping could be improved. I will wait several months before putting a proper review on the "updated" driver packs.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #33
Fsarc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3 LMB

Glad it worked out for you. Could you post a picture of the new driver packs?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #34
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

^When I get the chance I will take pictures and post them.
Appreciate 0