BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

12-05-2018, 11:58 PM   #1
Cbozz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
tire advice needed!!

Hi there,
I'm in a weird predicament and trying to figure out the tire setup so I hope some of you guru's there can chime in!!

I'm running a 20 inch by 12 in wide rear rims from Strasse R10, I added a BBK about a year ago and I had to use a 5 or 6mm spacer to clear the rear rims. Now when I did that I was running oversized and stretched 275/35/20 tires and that spacer caused a horrible rubbing (you can tell it was all so perfectly but barely fitting before that lol) so I switched to 295/25/20 and fitment is great, no rubbing on full buckle. Now the rims came with 305/25/20 tires and those were optimal for them.
I am trying to get the 305 back on it but not sure if it will rub...
I'm not 100% on my offset but I think it was 25 and with spacer is 20mm (hub is 7inches from inner lip and 5 inches from the face) and with 5 or 6mm spacer that makes it ...? I don't know
anyhow I have some pictures of rim on full buckle...
I tried sticking some wrenches in there to see how much space I have and 5.5mm thick wrench has room, 8mm thick wrench touches the fender...
so if I go from 295 to 305 that's 10mm difference so I figured that 5mm per side so it should be fine but since the sidewall gets taller with all that too I'm no longer sure how much that will affect all this geometry of the tire... can someone help me figure out if 305s will fit? thanks

this is the 5.5mm wrench

this is the 8mm thick wrench

12-06-2018, 07:38 AM   #2
TomHudson
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I have 305 19 with arches spread a bit. Still rubs a bit on the rights side under load, over bumps. It rubs on the bumper attachment clip underneath. Spreading the arches more made no difference.

Others have had different luck...
Appreciate 1
Cbozz677.00